First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Give me more differences, please!

I used to feel like I could tell an ESTP & ISTP apart really easily, but I've discovered more loner ESTP types as of late. What would be the difference between a slightly more extroverted ISTP and a slightly more introverted/loner ESTP? Is there any real defining difference at all?
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    Give me more differences, please!

I used to feel like I could tell an ESTP & ISTP apart really easily, but I've discovered more loner ESTP types as of late. What would be the difference between a slightly more extroverted ISTP and a slightly more introverted/loner ESTP? Is there any real defining difference at all?
    A loner ESTP will still interact with people in a charming, smooth entreprneur and operator way, he may be very antisocial, but have a frisky, alpha male/alpha female style of communication. charged of breezing Fe, and more entertaining, working the crowd.

An outgoing ISTP will have a lot of friend, have a full of good cheet, smile a lot, but still come across as very in his head and cerebral, intelectualising Fe and using it in a controlled way while he tries to use it, rather than use it in a spontaneous and natural way like ESTPs.

Also, a loner ESTP will be more narcissist and hypomaniac, while an outgoing ISTP will be more negativistic.

An exemple of loner ESTP would be Alfred Hitchcock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydvU64L758c
    An exemple of outgoing ISTP would be Tom Cruise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0

Do you see the difference?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    I dont crave competition I do what I do because I like to and for the thrill of doing it. I would more prefer to show off then compete. Its more about who I am and what I can do then having to prove that I am better then the world.
    Agree. I just got asked this question of whether or not I'm competitive. I'm really not. I like to do my best, and it so happens that standard can hold up with a lot of others "competitiveness". I like to push myself. It's really not an outward thing for me.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    A loner ESTP will still interact with people in a charming, smooth entreprneur and operator way, he may be very antisocial, but have a frisky, alpha male/alpha female style of communication. charged of breezing Fe, and more entertaining, working the crowd.

An outgoing ISTP will have a lot of friend, have a full of good cheet, smile a lot, but still come across as very in his head and cerebral, intelectualising Fe and using it in a controlled way while he tries to use it, rather than use it in a spontaneous and natural way like ESTPs.
    This is true from what I've seen.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Also, a loner ESTP will be more narcissist and hypomaniac, while an outgoing ISTP will be more negativistic.

An exemple of loner ESTP would be Alfred Hitchcock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydvU64L758c
    An exemple of outgoing ISTP would be Tom Cruise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0

Yep, makes sense to me Another question: What about an ISTP with just especially high Se? Would they necessarily look like the outgoing ISTP you described?
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

"Sensation, in the extraverted attitude, is most definitely conditioned by the object. As sense-perception, sensation is naturally dependent upon the object. But, just as naturally, it is also dependent upon the subject; hence, there is also a subjective sensation, which after its kind is entirely different from the objective. In the extraverted attitude this subjective share of sensation, in so far as its conscious application is concerned, is either inhibited or repressed. As an irrational function, sensation is equally repressed, whenever a rational function, thinking or feeling, possesses the priority, ie. it can be said to have a conscious function, only in so far as the rational attitude of consciousness permits accidental perceptions to become conscious contents; in short, realizes them. The function of sense is, of course, absolute in the stricter sense; for example, everything is seen or heard to the farthest physiological possibility, but not everything attains that threshold value which a perception must possess in order to be also apperceived. It is a different matter when sensation itself possesses priority, instead of merely seconding another function. In this case, no element of objective sensation is excluded and nothing repressed."

MBTI
    STP

I think I meet everything bolded except a lot of friends...I push people away alot. I dont have alot of friends and I dont want alot of friends.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP

an outgoing ISTP will be more negativistic.
    Why would an outgoing ISTP be more negativistic? I consider myself to be an outgoing ISTP (don't have a problem talking to people, but I prefer to be listening) but I don't see myself as negativistic (or maybe I'm wrong.).
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I am the bullet, you are the bullseye. When I hit, there's nothing left"

http://crafter79.mypersonality.info

Permabanned

I can see what you're saying about Tom Cruise controlling his Fe.

MBTI
    STP

Tom cruise is to emotional in my opinion to be ISTP and his "group" essence is WAY to strong. Maybe its his older age as I dont really know him when he was younger. I dont know him much these days, but he is to forceful with his opinion into the world to be ISTP.
    Im out, its been fun