User Tag List

First 34567 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Oh I don't know about that. I always think before I act. My thought process cycles through very quickly, though (I can read a situation, digest the information and come to a snap decision in the blink of an eye), so I guess I may have the appearance of impulsiveness.
    Yep, this. I'm one jump ahead because I've already analyzed everything completely and have made such an educated guess for what's going to happen next that it might as well be an infallible premonition. Sometimes I'm wrong, but I've already covered my bases in that scenario, too. Nobody catches me by surprise.

I just got laid off but I saw it coming a mile away. In fact the day before I was considering getting another job anyway. In fact in fact, I was just about to ask my boss if I could give them my two weeks' notice, but I decided to play it safe with my ISFJ's encouragement.

...I totally should have. It would've been HIGH-larious!
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Most of the best friends I've ever had were ESTPs. I didn't know there were so many.

I like ISTPs too, but they won't go out their way to socialize outside of school/work/etc.

That's a key difference, I think. The ESTPs will force assert themselves in your circle, ISTPs are more the lunch break chat types. It's a confirmation of the obvious. I vs. E.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Most of the best friends I've ever had were ESTPs. I didn't know there were so many.

I like ISTPs too, but they won't go out their way to socialize outside of school/work/etc.

That's a key difference, I think. The ESTPs will force assert themselves in your circle, ISTPs are more the lunch break chat types. It's a confirmation of the obvious. I vs. E.
    Its a huge flaw...one day I may explain whats behind it.
    Im out, its been fun

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

At first I read that to mean "they will force assert themselves into your circle," and I was like ermmm... no. That never works. It's the mark of a pathetic soul.

Assert myself inside a circle? Yes, unconsciously, even. It's the enjoyment of life that spills over and gets me talking over other people, not even on purpose. A split second later I find they were trying to say something and sometimes I stop but they never start again, so I've learned to just keep going anyway.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    At first I read that to mean "they will force assert themselves into your circle," and I was like ermmm... no. That never works. It's the mark of a pathetic soul.

Assert myself inside a circle? Yes, unconsciously, even. It's the enjoyment of life that spills over and gets me talking over other people, not even on purpose. A split second later I find they were trying to say something and sometimes I stop but they never start again, so I've learned to just keep going anyway.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Well I meant that ESTPs aren't shy about dragging people whom they're not already friends with all over the place, and cajoling until they say yes. They get really enthusiastic and just assume the other person's "shy". And a few of them had a habit of inviting themselves.

If any other type did what they did, they'd come off as pathetic and creepy. But ESTPs do it to everyone and are fun and casual about it, so we all know they're just wired spazz bunnies.

That's just being an extrovert. My INTJ stepfather gave me HELL about this as a kid, so that's the only reason I don't do that. The temptation's still there.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Hum...I'm kind of the opposite.

I don't socialize very much at lunch beak, school, work, etc, I usually start to socialize, but I realize quite quickly that they are just peoples I share the same job with, and that we have'nt very much in common, that we're just in small talk and it's boring. But I like very much to socialize outside of school, work etc. After all, ther's far much potential cool peoples outside than inside.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

estp's are more socially outgoing i guess

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

ESTPs, compared to their introvert counterparts, are often reckless, fearless and rather unserious. This is of course not always the case, however.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    qTzI

In my experience, the main difference is that estp's are more likley to instigate or challenge people to "keep up!" or "beat that!" and when they win, they rub it in.

istp's wait around untill they see a chance to flex, do something crazy, and when they win, they smile and go on about their business.

both types are compettative when it comes to skills, but estp's are more in your face.