User Tag List

First 23456 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    I wait until the last minute to get projects done too. When I focus all of my attention and energy into something, it doesn't have a fucking chance, I will absolutely kick its ass (like when I was cleaning my mom's kitchen, haha). I get better results when I know there is no more time to fuck around. When I went to college I constantly wrote my papers the night before (or hours before) the assignment was due.
    SAME!

And if I didn't get the work done in time for whatever reason I'd just stage a tear-fest in front of my teacher and get an extension.
    I have to admit I do this, too, but for all honesty's sake I at least tell myself that it's a controlled display of real emotion. But I started acting this way at such a young age that I don't remember anymore how genuine I am when I do these things (always tried to make it seem for real cuz I didn't wanna be called a liar). I just know that it works, and it works well. Never underestimate the sympathy of a fellow human being.

Hey, I never said I had any shame.
    Hah, I'm constantly amazed at the things I do despite how I was raised. Hey, gotta cushion your position in life somehow.

BUT -- I cannot handle the stress of a situation that I have no control or influence over. If something is out of my hands and a deadline for something I can't affect looms over my head I will completely freak the fuck out. I can only handle the stress and pressure if I know for a fact that I can pull a rabbit out of my ass. Otherwise, I just sort of fall to pieces.
    Yes, yes, YES! Omg, if I can't control something, and it will negatively affect how my situation turns out, I freak OUT! I run around like a chicken with my head cut off. ESPECIALLY if it'll seem as if I DID have control and just didn't do anything about it, cuz I know the blame will fall on me and I won't be treated lightly. That kinda shit pisses me off so bad. That's when the excuses explanations start formulating in my noggin.

Honestly, those moments are fairly rare, though. 99% of the time there's a way out of a tight spot.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I have to admit I do this, too, but for all honesty's sake I at least tell myself that it's a controlled display of real emotion. But I started acting this way at such a young age that I don't remember anymore how genuine I am when I do these things (always tried to make it seem for real cuz I didn't wanna be called a liar). I just know that it works, and it works well. Never underestimate the sympathy of a fellow human being.
    I came to an understanding at a young age about what were real emotions and what were just staged. I know myself very, very well; I know when I'm full of shit, when my arguments have no basis, and when I'm being unreasonable or mean. Not like I'll ever admit it, of course. Rule #1 of selling yourself, look completely convinced of your own bullshit.

I remember my ESFJ sister being angry/frustrated at me over something silly when I was a teenager -- she was ranting at me that I was so oblivious to how wrong and stupid I was and that I needed to have someone force me to understand because I'm incapable of doing it on my own. I told her, with an impassive expression and all-business tone of voice, that the fact that I don't admit how fucked up I am doesn't mean I'm not fully aware of it and in fact, I am in better control of my own actions and am more self-aware than her projecting, tantrum-throwing ass could ever hope for.

She was just...dumbfounded, haha. I'll never forget the stunned look on her face, as though I had smacked her.

Yes, yes, YES! Omg, if I can't control something, and it will negatively affect how my situation turns out, I freak OUT! I run around like a chicken with my head cut off.
    Scott and I have been having some very serious financial problems. Last month, I had no way to pay my rent. My landlord waited as long as he could and he tried to work with me, but it was the end of the month and he had to do what he had to do and I was 24 hours away from having an eviction notice posted on my door and I had literally no way to stop it -- not enough funds, resources were tapped, friends couldn't spare anything. I was hyperventilating, crying, pacing back and forth -- man, I was a mess. I think it was the shock of seeing my utter lack of composure that got my mom to grudgingly admit that she could do some clever banking and get me what I needed to keep my apartment. Once my rent was paid and I had a moment to relax I felt completely shredded. It was hot bath and beer time for me.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I came to an understanding at a young age about what were real emotions and what were just staged. I know myself very, very well; I know when I'm full of shit, when my arguments have no basis, and when I'm being unreasonable or mean. Not like I'll ever admit it, of course. Rule #1 of selling yourself, look completely convinced of your own bullshit.
    Interesting. I wonder how this plays out with personality theory, or if it even needs to. You'd think that something like that would. Maybe as a guy I'm less in touch with my emotions?

All I know is that I'm a continual actor. I'm hugely optimistic and extremely flexible to the point of being careless and cynical about the past and free-as-the-wind about what may come. So basically what that amounts to is that while I'm enjoying life to the fullest, I simply don't give a sh*t about anything. Things can go pretty much go to the shitter and I won't care because there's always a way to fix it. There are sometimes exceptions to this, though.

Anyway my point is that with this attitude I can safely act my way through anything because I'm rather calm and impassive, thus I work things to my advantage by keeping cool and in control. Honestly I think I can't tell the difference because I probably just don't have enough "genuine" emotion to compare against. Most of the fucking time I AM faking it.

I remember my ESFJ sister being angry/frustrated at me over something silly when I was a teenager -- she was ranting at me that I was so oblivious to how wrong and stupid I was and that I needed to have someone force me to understand because I'm incapable of doing it on my own. I told her, with an impassive expression and all-business tone of voice, that the fact that I don't admit how fucked up I am doesn't mean I'm not fully aware of it and in fact, I am in better control of my own actions and am more self-aware than her projecting, tantrum-throwing ass could ever hope for.

She was just...dumbfounded, haha. I'll never forget the stunned look on her face, as though I had smacked her.
    Hah, this I relate to. I know exactly what I'm doing every second of the day. I fake it so well, though, that people are 100% convinced of my bullshit even when I inform them otherwise. I realized early on that that doesn't work. If you're going to act, you just gotta play it through because people believe the illusion. So you gotta know exactly what card you wanna play from the outset and stick with it.

Sometimes I've played stupid on purpose, in fact I used to do it fairly constantly as a kid, but I realized it has its drawbacks. I mean, people will let you get by with stuff or start talking about somewhat confidential matters in your presence if they've come to think that you're unaware or not bright enough to understand, but then again, they also think you're a retard and never give you the benefit of the doubt...

Of course, that's when you look for just the right opportunity to come right back at 'em and shock them all with your mad smarts. Now that requires some skill.

Scott and I have been having some very serious financial problems. Last month, I had no way to pay my rent. My landlord waited as long as he could and he tried to work with me, but it was the end of the month and he had to do what he had to do and I was 24 hours away from having an eviction notice posted on my door and I had literally no way to stop it -- not enough funds, resources were tapped, friends couldn't spare anything. I was hyperventilating, crying, pacing back and forth -- man, I was a mess. I think it was the shock of seeing my utter lack of composure that got my mom to grudgingly admit that she could do some clever banking and get me what I needed to keep my apartment. Once my rent was paid and I had a moment to relax I felt completely shredded. It was hot bath and beer time for me.
    Shooooot, that's why I only pay rent to roommies, hah. My current landlord IS my roommie. I haven't had trouble paying rent, though. Maybe a couple days late every once in awhile, but yeah.

In similar situations I definitely start freaking out. That's when I'd be digging through my closet for ebay-worthy items, hah. Ask my boss for a quick loan or at least an advance check. Buy alot of clothing on sale and return it all to a higher-end store. Y'know, something simple.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

ESTP: Do/act first, think then (maybe)
    ISTP: Think first and then (maybe) do/act

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I notice the acting part for me becomes alot easier as a grow older. Not sure if the thinking part for ESTPs become more apparent as well.

Permabanned

you guys are gonna laugh at this one....ISTP vs ESTP. Guess which one is which.
    YouTube - UFC 84 Tito vs. Lyoto Weigh Ins

MBTI
    STP

ESTP:
    Now I may not be the worst or the best but you gotta respect my honesty.
    And I may break your heart, but I don't really think there's anybody's as bomb as me
    So you can take this chance, in the end everybody's gonna be wondering how ya deal
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Oh I don't know about that. I always think before I act. My thought process cycles through very quickly, though (I can read a situation, digest the information and come to a snap decision in the blink of an eye), so I guess I may have the appearance of impulsiveness.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Oh I don't know about that. I always think before I act. My thought process cycles through very quickly, though (I can read a situation, digest the information and come to a snap decision in the blink of an eye), so I guess I may have the appearance of impulsiveness.
    Stop. Reading. My. Mind. AGAIN.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Stop. Reading. My. Mind. AGAIN.
    *Jedi mind powers* You will make me a sandwich.