User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: SPs and Details

Default SPs and Details

Inspired from IZthe411's post...

So, I never thought I was that detail-oriented, and I often am not, but one way I have realized I notice/care about details is in an aesthetic sense. I notice things like how raindrops have collected on leaves after a storm, the shape and material of objects like dishes, the type of bottle that shampoo comes in, and things like that. In the right mood I can spend HOURS working intensely on the intricacies of something like animal fur on a drawing, going over it until I feel satisfied with the result.

In my engineering classes I’d sometimes get killed on tests for stuff like simple addition errors or forgetting to carry 2x to the next line or something. I have trouble remembering birthdays and special days like that, too… so I always thought I was bad with details, but now I’m realizing that this perception about myself maybe isn’t entirely true.

SPs (SFPs?) do you consider yourself detail-oriented? How so?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I am detail oriented about things that matter to me.

Part of this is due to me having a mild case of OCD.

It's easy to focus on details if I care about the end result of something, and so I'm able to "obsess" on it in somewhat of a healthy manner and get the job done well.

My ADHD on the other hand blows my capacity to focus on things I am not very entheusiastic about having to do out of the water. Ooopsy.

My P/J scores are 52/48 respectively, so I might be a little better at detail oriented things than folks that are significantly more P than J.

Finally, I am a business analyst and have specialized in developing information systems for the bulk of my 16 year career. You can't be sloppy when it comes to developing information systems. The devil is in the details, and if you don't want to create a million dollar piece of shit, you better think through all the nooks and crannies to make sure every conceivable odd event can be appropriately handled. If you're smart you build in a manual over ride so that in the event you do forget something and it manifests once you have launched into production, it does not become a show stopper, and you can patch it up in the next release, usually called the "enhancements phase."
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

I was at the zoo today, my kids needed pics for a drawing project for school. My daughter decided that she wanted a picture of the penguin swimming. I thought I'd take it with my phone, it has a good camera. The phone went flat because I had forgotten one important detail, to charge it. I grabbed the digital camera from my wife and held it steady for ten to fifteen minutes because I got it in my head a pic of the penguin diving in would be cool. All the while getting pressure from my son and wife that we were going to run out of time.

I got the pic. I think I am more stubborn than detail oriented.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I am only detail oriented when I have to be to get my way... otherwise I'm likely to walk into traffic while admiring the higher up details on tall buildings or fall into a creek while trying to catch a lovely butterfly
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I am detail orientated in the moment, part of why I like fishing is spotting subtle movements in the water or sensation on the line. I am poor at recalling details though.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I am very detail oriented. I am very focused on color, shape, form in nature. I've been spending a lot of time tending to people's gardens this summer. I pull weeds and I prune bushes. It's a good time to focus on detail because I need to recognize where the poison ivy is so that I don't touch it!
    As a reader, I appreciate a lot of detail and description in the books that I like.
    When I'm out walking, I love to look at all of those little details around me... the shapes of the leaves, the colors, the ripples in the water, the birds...
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I'm with all the SPs who've said that they're only good at certain types of details and have bad memories. hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    As a reader, I appreciate a lot of detail and description in the books that I like.
    Yeah, dude, I can't stand it when a book only halfway describes something that just confuses me. Hello, some of us don't have enough imagination to fill in the blanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    When I'm out walking, I love to look at all of those little details around me... the shapes of the leaves, the colors, the ripples in the water, the birds...
    Dude, I have the utmost reverence and awe of nature. She is beautiful, indeed...
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Dude, I have the utmost reverence and awe of nature. She is beautiful, indeed...
    I remember boobies with astonishing accuracy. Does that count?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I remember boobies with astonishing accuracy. Does that count?
    Yes. Yes it does.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Dude, there's this one pair of boobies with stars tattooed over the pierced nipples that's simply UNFORGETTABLE.

...I say this all tongue-in-cheek, of course, as I'm extremely faithful to my beloved.

But, DAMN.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]