123 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default SP, question about groceries.

Okay,
    This is going to be kinda of a weird question. Just roll with it.
    I have noticed in my SP female friends in particular, they stock up in food for years, but never actually seem to eat at home very much. It kinda cracks me up when they pull some thing out of their cupboard and it's two years out of date. You have oodles of food, but it just sits there? Why do you guys do that? It's sort of endearing in a way, but especially if you are single, you hardly ever eat at home, yet you have tons of food.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I am quite the opposite!

My wife and I both buy about 80-90% fresh, whole foods.

We eat very little that comes out of a box, jar, or that is frozen.

As a result of this we end up going to the store a few times more per week than most folks, but we buy less each time, so it really doesn't have a cost impact.

Plus, it is healthier to eat this way, and we are both fit people with long term health aspirations.

So, not all SPs shop that way, but then again, I'm often the black sheep of whatever bunch I'm classified with.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

idk i just buy what i need for the next couple of days

i never store food for long
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I do that, actually. I have a tiny, tiny apartment, but I could probably feed 10 people for a week with the dry goods I have put up. Dried beans and peas, couscous, quinoa, several kinds of rice, oatmeal, I forget what all I have. Not stuff that goes out of date, but I devote a lot of space considering I don't have any to begin with to emergency provisions. I have given people food or made food for them when they ran out of money before payday. You can do a lot with some dried chickpeas and a can of tomatoes...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

definitley not!

I buy almost all fresh foods and the other ingredients I have (like flour, sugar, olive oil and such) get used frequently enough that they're always getting replaced as well!

I hate food that comes out of a box or a can... it doesn't taste as good, and like Halla pointed out, it's not very healthy
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

the one thing i've observed about sps on this board is their actually pretty health conscious, and all about fresh food. and i understand fresh food tastes a lot better than not fresh. but sometimes i can't afford fresh so i'm stuck with frozen or canned. though i prefer frozen over canned veggies.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

frozen is MUCH better than canned! If I can't have fresh vegetables we eat frozen vegetables... the man doesn't mind canned food, but I forbid it in my presence... with the occasional exception of tuna and such
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I don't like canned vegetables except for tomatoes (in cooking), but I don't mind canned beans. I buy things like dried grains too - rice, quinoa, etc. I have a lot of that kind of thing stored up. Not two years' worth though.

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Okay,
    This is going to be kinda of a weird question. Just roll with it.
    I have noticed in my SP female friends in particular, they stock up in food for years, but never actually seem to eat at home very much. It kinda cracks me up when they pull some thing out of their cupboard and it's two years out of date. You have oodles of food, but it just sits there? Why do you guys do that? It's sort of endearing in a way, but especially if you are single, you hardly ever eat at home, yet you have tons of food.

It might have to do with feeling a particular way at the store and then not when you get home. I often feel like eating more than I feel like cooking... :rolleyes2:
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Yes, indeed! Or feel more like cooking than I feel like cleaning up, so I don't cook to begin with.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm a packrat, I buy things in bulk when they're on sale or when i can get to a discount grocery store. canned mushrooms, tomatoes and beans, rice and pasta mostly, but lots of other random stuff. lots of varieties of frozen veggies (and meat), too, until my freezer broke

not as much recently though since I've been trying to eat more fresh veggies. but I could still eat for a while on my remaining food, albeit unhappily.

but I too like the thought of eating a lot more than cooking. I always think i'll be up for cooking later and then I get lazy. so things sometimes go bad bad habit.
    -end of thread-