12 Last

Thread: Convenience

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Question Convenience

Is this a strong value for you guys?

I've just noticed this theme among my SJ relatives & friends......to me, it's a bonus, whereas it seems like a pervasive value in helping people on their terms in a practical fashion, & just day-to-day living, everything must be convenient to their schedule.

erm - Well it can be a factor in decision making. For me it kind of depends what mood I'm in at the time.

If I'm calm, I don't really mind whether something is convenient. If I'm wound up and stressed I will hit the roof if someone wants me to do something that is inconvenient for me at that pont in time.

Not sure if that helps.....

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

What was I thinking? The SJs are all completing projects, being productive, they're not lurking on an internet forum! So others may contribute.......so my thread doesn't die......

I've just noticed improved relations with my SJ friends & relatives when I defer to them on a social activity or a project, by showing my willingness to flex, by asking them, "what would be easier for you?"

MBTI
    ENFJ

absolutely. I automatically defer to them by saying..."whatever would be easiest for you". When I have not been flexible because I'm tired of doing it...I get..."what's wrong with you?" or "why are you being so grumpy?" So I suppose if I didn't always say..."ok whatever" I would have relations that needed to be improved. I guess doing it in advance nips it in the bud.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    ... everything must be convenient to their schedule.
    Yes, I tend to be like that. I like predictable things.

Quote Originally Posted by chatoyer View Post
    whereas it seems like a pervasive value in helping people on their terms in a practical fashion, & just day-to-day living, everything must be convenient to their schedule.
    Yup. You can't be sure that you can do what you have promised if it doesn't fit into schedule.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I like convenience when it comes to mundane stuff. When it comes to people, I will pretty much drop everything for a friend of loved one. In one way it's good, but it can lead to letting the people I have regular obligations to down on occasion.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INXP

People know I dont follow a schedule, and dont care about convenience or timing. My parents will typically expect me about an hour after they schedule me for something.

Yes, that's another NP answer (sorry).

-Geoff

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    People know I dont follow a schedule, and dont care about convenience or timing. My parents will typically expect me about an hour after they schedule me for something.

Yes, that's another NP answer (sorry).

-Geoff
    If you were my brother, this would be me:

Do you find yourself showing up an hour late for things that are just beginning? If so, your family members are telling you they start an hour before they actually do so you'll be there on time. Been there, done that.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    If you were my brother, this would be me:

Do you find yourself showing up an hour late for things that are just beginning? If so, your family members are telling you they start an hour before they actually do so you'll be there on time. Been there, done that.
    Yes, my sister is always there first and looks disapproving when I saunter in late. She's ESFP, so she isn't exactly Little Miss Timetable, either.

My parents have learned to schedule anythign time critical (like the serving of food) for about 2 hours after they tell me to arrive

Also, I know this, so it becomes a slight double bluff thingie. Been there, done that.

-Geoff