User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Convenience

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have an extended family member who is consistently DAYS late for things. He was once 48 hours to pick up his SO at the airport. He has gradually just stopped going to stuff and stays at home gardening. Must be nice to just decide basic social niceties like picking up your SO at the airport just aren't your bag.

God, I sound like a stick-in-the-mud.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I have an extended family member who is consistently DAYS late for things. He was once 48 hours to pick up his SO at the airport. He has gradually just stopped going to stuff and stays at home gardening. Must be nice to just decide basic social niceties like picking up your SO at the airport just aren't your bag.

God, I sound like a stick-in-the-mud.
    Nah, it just sounds like you have different priorities and preferences in life. Your reaction is just as expected if you are ISFJ (INFJ maybe?). This stuff matters to you! I can also see exactly why, it should be annoying to most people.

I once turned up 3 days late on a Transatlantic flight. I managed to go from Nova Scotia to the UK via two other locations (Toronto and Paris). Felt like a good idea at the time and cost me nothing

Problem was, I hadn't told the friend who was picking me up at the airport, who dutifully turned up each day for 3 days at the time my flight was due to arrive.

-Geoff

RDF

I consider convenience a big factor in productivity. If I want to be productive on a project, I chuck out a lot of NF ways of handling things and people and take the convenient route.

FL

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I optimize, but convenience is sometimes required for optimization. I got a house closer to work for a shorter commute, which saves time and money, for instance.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yes, it is! I am so structured. I plan everything out.. my clothes that I'm going to wear, what route I'm taking to work depending on the time, etc. I hate having to change my schedule, but I will for my friends or family. I tend to get frusterated when things don't go according to plan, though.