User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

Default Isfp and infj dynamic

Hi to all isfp's. Im an infj. My experiences with isfp's has always been that they feel intimidated by me, can be very mean to me but need me for their insecurities so will be nice to me when they need me. I dont know why its like this. Can anybody shed some light on this? I want to understand it

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

I dunno!!! I don't think I could spot an infj if I knew one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

one of my besties is an INFJ. maybe you're just dealing with a particularly insecure ISFP?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Expanding View Post
    Hi to all isfp's. Im an infj. My experiences with isfp's has always been that they feel intimidated by me, can be very mean to me but need me for their insecurities so will be nice to me when they need me. I dont know why its like this. Can anybody shed some light on this? I want to understand it
    Could you give examples of "very mean" ? I have been badly hurt by ISFPs myself, even if they are supposed to be the kindest type. But they didn't mean to hurt me. Lots of misunderstanding, flakiness on their part, unreasonable expectations on my part? etc. In the end, it was difficult to say who was to blame.
    It's interesting, tell us more.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    one of my besties is an INFJ. maybe you're just dealing with a particularly insecure ISFP?
    same. I tend to get along generally well with INJs in general; this just sounds like an issue between you two.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

Default Reply

Thank you all for responding. Yes you are right she is an insecure isfp, enneagram 9. When i say that she can be "very mean" i mean as follows:
    she will observe me and comment on how im doing and will say "you are doing this for attention" or "you have issues" or "you're looking for problems" etc
    She sees things that is false and states them

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

She needs to work on being more tactful and not blurting out the first thing that comes into her head, especially if it's rude.
    I don't think that's a really common problem for isfps.

Thank you all for responding. Yes you are right she is an insecure isfp, enneagram 9. When i say that she can be "very mean" i mean as follows:
    she will observe me and comment on how im doing and will say "you are doing this for attention" or "you have issues" or "you're looking for problems" etc
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

yeah... i can be sharp with my tongue, but i pick and choose my battles. and only ever with people i'm really really really close to. and only if i feel like it's something that needs to be said for their own benefit.

if your friend is an ISFP, she's an incredibly hurt, jealous and insecure one... which you shouldn't base the rest of us ISFP's upon. or she may actually be of another type.

i have one incredibly close INFJ friend, and another friend that is also an INFJ. i like them both for their ability to empathize and their ability to express ideas and feelings so fluidly and creatively. i think most ISFP's and INFJ's would get along quite well.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram

I appreciate and value the isfp type and for this reason i have posted the original thread, ie: im taking the time and interest to understand what may be going on, as opposed to just ignoring it or responding negatively to her. I guess its clear that i need to be open with her and let her know what i think of her atitude sometimes

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

9w8? Might be her 8 wing acting out of control. Mine does that when I'm under stress.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)