User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Ni in SPs

Default Ni in SPs

If I understand the theory correctly, all the SPs use Ni to some extent... so tell me, how do you understand/use Ni?

I hope there isn't a thread about this already.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I blame it for being the function that occasionally catches me while I'm overstressed and runs a film of what horrible things could happen through my head... in which case I think it sucks and needs to die
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I blame it for being the function that occasionally catches me while I'm overstressed and runs a film of what horrible things could happen through my head... in which case I think it sucks and needs to die
    Think positive!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

that's why I score so low on Ni! (I actually score much higher on Ne )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I often don't get caught up in the flow of Se, I think.. I think Ni stops me in terms of.. small artistic choices. Not that I want to say I'm a particularly serious musician, but I might get some realization on the direction something could go when I'm strumming a guitar for awhile, and suddenly see that I can incorporate some element of a two year old riff I never did anything with, or just getting some impression of a motif or scene, and making something new from the different ideas and elements. Rinse, repeat. A lot of this could very well apply to..uh.. just about anything. Playing with legos, for example. Synthesizing comes from Ni, I think.

It might be there socially speaking, as well.. I think my eye moves towards the depth/meaning of experience, as I'm among people sometimes..what I do with it is an entirely different matter. If it's positive and light, it's probably in how I'll put a humorous spin on experiences (as long as it's not too odd.. happens sometimes). Insight might be negative too, in the form of social criticism..but more from the Fi angle (I think INFJs are.. looking more for the transcendent/consensus building angle in their criticism. While my goal isn't transcendence necessarily.. and I don't really care about marking my position or causes with words either. Fe is pretty good with that, I guess. Tamske talked about "Fi-Ni" angst once. I really liked her post on that).

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    If I understand the theory correctly, all the SPs use Ni to some extent... so tell me, how do you understand/use Ni?
    No. I think it's evil, and the cause of most problems in the world.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

That's because your ESFP. Te judgement strikes again!!! *Boo / hiss*

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I often don't get caught up in the flow of Se, I think.. I think Ni stops me in terms of.. small artistic choices. Not that I want to say I'm a particularly serious musician, but I might get some realization on the direction something could go when I'm strumming a guitar for awhile, and suddenly see that I can incorporate some element of a two year old riff I never did anything with, or just getting some impression of a motif or scene, and making something new from the different ideas and elements. Rinse, repeat. A lot of this could very well apply to..uh.. just about anything. Playing with legos, for example. Synthesizing comes from Ni, I think.

It might be there socially speaking, as well.. I think my eye moves towards the depth/meaning of experience, as I'm among people sometimes..what I do with it is an entirely different matter. If it's positive and light, it's probably in how I'll put a humorous spin on experiences (as long as it's not too odd.. happens sometimes). Insight might be negative too, in the form of social criticism..but more from the Fi angle (I think INFJs are.. looking more for the transcendent/consensus building angle in their criticism. While my goal isn't transcendence necessarily.. and I don't really care about marking my position or causes with words either. Fe is pretty good with that, I guess. Tamske talked about "Fi-Ni" angst once. I really liked her post on that).
    I think you and I were talking about that first paragraph on our wall-to-wall at one point. The sort of 'aha' moments when you're doing something creative. I can relate to that. Do you have any recollection of which topic Tamske might have talked about Fi-Ni in?

Hm... I have no idea if this is Ni or Ne or something else, but I will usually have some problem or issue I am 'working on' in the back of my mind, something I'm trying to figure out, like what is causing me (or someone else) to always react a certain way in a particular situation, or more philosophically, like what is the nature of 'mindfulness' or something...

At the same time I am scanning my environment for information or clues that can help me to see the picture differently/better/more thoroughly.

Every once in awhile I come across something - maybe something someone says, or part of a book or a movie, or some little poem or snippet of a sentence - and it will just 'fit' or resonate with all of the other information I have already collected on the subject. Somehow I know that it belongs with the other stuff, and I will keep collecting information. Other times it will be like the missing piece that finally helps the puzzle make sense, or connects two ideas that hadn't been connected before, or it will be like when you are singing in the shower and there's the one note that's the resonant frequency of the space and suddenly it is echoing all around you.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Exactly how a function manifests itself can vary from one person to another. In SPs, Ni isn't terribly well developed. When it get used, it is often just as a tendancy to reserve opinion on something, leaving the conclusion open until the person has had chance to use the prefered Se function to go and have look for themselves.

Or to put it another way: "I'll believe it when I see it."
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Ni is what makes me somewhat insightful into situations with little information. I don't rely on it that much. If I get an Ni "hunch" than I tend to try to gather more facts to back up my hunch. Often I find that my Ni hunches are a little off.

Ni "misfires" sometimes when I tell myself a story about a situation that is exaggerated and probably untrue. Ni can be helpful, but since mine is not strong, I try to take it with a grain of salt. Need my facts.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.