Thread: Ni in SPs

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Exactly how a function manifests itself can vary from one person to another. In SPs, Ni isn't terribly well developed. When it get used, it is often just as a tendancy to reserve opinion on something, leaving the conclusion open until the person has had chance to use the prefered Se function to go and have look for themselves.

Or to put it another way: "I'll believe it when I see it."
    You are right on the ball with this comment!!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Would it be different for ISxPs than for ESxPs, though, since theoretically it is Ti/Fi, Se, Ni, Fe/Te versus Se, Ti/Fi, Fe/Te, Ni?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Would it be different for ISxPs than for ESxPs, though, since theoretically it is Ti/Fi, Se, Ni, Fe/Te versus Se, Ti/Fi, Fe/Te, Ni?
    Not really. That just means we all kinda suck at it.

haha- just kidding. Yea, it probably will be different.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I often don't get caught up in the flow of Se, I think.. I think Ni stops me in terms of.. small artistic choices. Not that I want to say I'm a particularly serious musician, but I might get some realization on the direction something could go when I'm strumming a guitar for awhile, and suddenly see that I can incorporate some element of a two year old riff I never did anything with, or just getting some impression of a motif or scene, and making something new from the different ideas and elements. Rinse, repeat. A lot of this could very well apply to..uh.. just about anything. Playing with legos, for example. Synthesizing comes from Ni, I think.
    "ISFP - Composer Producer
    Theme is composing, using whatever is at hand to get a harmonious, aesthetic result. Talents lie in combining, varying, and improvising, frequently in the arts but also in business and elsewhere. With their senses keenly tuned in they become totally absorbed in the action of the moment, finding just what fits the situation or the composition. Thrive on having the freedom to vary what they do until they get just the right effect. Take action to help others and demonstrate values. Kind and sensitive to the suffering of others."

Yes about Ni.

Do you have any recollection of which topic Tamske might have talked about Fi-Ni in?.
    I can't remember now.. :\ She's a storywriter if you recall. Kind of likes writing characters by using MBTI. ISFP's get a lot of the common goody hero representation in many stories though (ISTPs get the badass antihero). She called it Fi-Ni angst. And channeling it by being Performer types, I guess it makes for good reading

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Okay, I hereby give you a Convoluted Sentence Timeout.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

... so tell me, how do you understand/use Ni?
    Never trust a man in a suit. I am sure there is more than that, I'll think about it. I always thought Ni had some play in creativity for isfp as well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Never trust a man in a suit. I am sure there is more than that, I'll think about it. I always thought Ni had some play in creativity for isfp as well.
    Ni often takes the form of interest in the potentiality of something, what might happen what could be. I don't hink that functions automatically grant skills, such as painting or composing, but being able to look at a blank canvas and accept that it could become a master piece would be helpful in creativity.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Okay, I hereby give you a Convoluted Sentence Timeout.
    hahaha... I know I just didn't know how to type the function orders in a non-confusing way.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ni often takes the form of interest in the potentiality of something, what might happen what could be. I don't hink that functions automatically grant skills, such as painting or composing, but being able to look at a blank canvas and accept that it could become a master piece would be helpful in creativity.
    I generally don't conceptualize.. For you, it'd probably be different. I think I'm more creative in the process of things...getting the juices flowing in a way. When it works in tandem with Fi and Se. I don't look at blank canvases per se (literal ones or figurative)...I just get the urge to do something first, I guess?

Outside creativity (like general social life), I've read that Fi in IFPs is always evaulating when/where/how what's seen in Extraverted Perception is compatible, and the Tert contributes to this defensive process (personally I can get like this.. I don't value Se in an extremely flowing/receptive way all the time). Si might cause an INFP to pull away a bit (I'd like to hear their own words though).. Ni in ISFPs would cause them to embody some of their critique (how.. I dunno. In style maybe.. Or breaking into animal labs and freeing monkeys or something The sky's the limit).