User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does a depressed ISFP look like?

Away with the fairies Array Southern Kross's Avatar
    4w5 so/sp

My ISFP friend doesn't look like anything when depressed because she drops of the face of the planet. She just becomes so overwhelmed that she withdraws completely from non-essential activities. She can't cope with communication and avoids anything that might conceivably add any potential stress - she is a natural worrier but this just goes into overdrive with depression.

Its really awful too, not only because I can't help her, but also because I don't even know that something's wrong until afterwards.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte
    Likes ESFJ, Poki liked this post

Senior Member Array countrygirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I posted the thread because I think that is part of the reason I have had so much trouble deciding my type... during the winter I can find myself getting really introspective/depressed... almost like unhealthy NF (as opposed to healthy NF, of which there are many fine examples on the forums).

I mean... I am a generally introspective person, just that most of the year it is more focused on objectives, self improvement, attempting to understand why people behave as they do, etc. I am moving forward, growing... but then, in the wintertime, it is like I am spinning my wheels in the mud or something.
    Maybe you have seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

veteran attention whore Array Jeffster's Avatar
    7w6 sx
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    hmm maybe i'm a depressed ISFP I mean I've been depressed since I was about 10, that could screw up my type, right????
    I don't buy that. If you're "depressed" that long, then it's not depression, it's just how you are.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

9w8 so/sx

Sad, they look sad

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I don't buy that. If you're "depressed" that long, then it's not depression, it's just how you are.
    Unfortunately that's not the case: Dysthymia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    Yeah I suspect you're right. I probably do, at least mildly. I still function well enough in the wintertime, so I've never seen anyone about it formally. Except this year was particularly bad with some other life circumstances beside just winter adding up to make the contrast much stronger.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

"How are you?"
    "Good, just playing with the dog"

Hahaha... awwwww.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    6w7 sx/sp

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

4w5 sx/sp

I've gone through a few different periods of depression during my life. A lot of times during my depression periods I probably come off more like an INFP. I withdraw a lot, write a lot, reflect on the past a lot, and I get very stuck in my own head to the point it's completely difficult to focus on the present. During one phase of depression, however, I was much more like an ESFP. I was extremely outgoing and met a lot of people, drank and partied a whole bunch. However, I'd then go behind closed doors and often cry a lot. Bad times.

I had an exboyfriend who suffered from SAD. I'm unaffected in that way by the weather, so I always tried to show him the positives of the winter. I took him out on some hiking trips, all bundled up, and tried to show him the beauty of even a baron landscape. Try to get him excited about winter styles and hot cocoa and campfires and what not.
    It's probably difficult... but try to look towards the positive side of winter.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

my dad is xsfp and was depressed for about 4 years. I would say int hat case, there was a storng Te shadow: reclusive and mostly silent, but prone to snap and rant unpredicably. resentful and jealous of others, feeling inferior and inaquate.

but maybe he is esfp.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.