User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Oh I am going to stay mad FOREVER!
    I know where to punch skillfully and neatly to inflict the most pain.
    you love us.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    This sounds quite terrifying... especially with the hug at the end.
    Steph, that's how they inflict the most pain.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Oh I am going to stay mad FOREVER!
    I know where to punch skillfully and neatly to inflict the most pain.
    hug = "lol wtf are you doing"
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Steph, that's how they inflict the most pain.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    IsTP

This may be more INTP-ish (which I sometimes test as..) but this describes what I feel pretty well, I remember getting goosebumps when I read the quote..

"I think the lonely world that I live in was perhaps self imposed at the beginning but has now become the invisible prison that I can never escape. When all we yearn for is a single soul to understand our own, the greatest fear is realizing it may never be. There is no one around me that I can feel that connected to, or share my heart with and in the absence of that emotional warmth, I only have the cold expanse of the Internet to document my human condition." --Anonymous
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

No offense, Willfrey, but what a wanker.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by foolish heart View Post
    I'll admit it, I'm really terrible at this. I'm so terrible at it that i dont even really know what "this" is, except maybe to explain it as the habit of expressing the type of affections that make someone feel loved. I always seem to forget that this is something a lot of people need whether or not I relate to that need much. My needs tend to be more physical... food, adequately comfortable clothing, sleep/shelter, etc. and I'm good. I think I tend to project these same needs onto other people and assume as long as they have their practical needs met (with additions like feeling comfortably safe and cared for) that they are happy. I feel like I'm on a completely different wavelength where it doesn't occur to me to do this. Just to clarify, it's not actually liking or loving someone, but the active expression of it so that they feel it (seems to be different for everyone). I guess you could call it Fe.

Anyone else experience this?
    Hmmmm.... the bolded part, it's not that simple but in my experience ISTP's tend to see things that way, through the practicality of things. It doesn't work with emotional types (assuming that things are ok as long as practical needs are met) and I guess it works even less with intuitive emotional types. I know that by my own experience in life, I've been living with ISTP for over 15 years now....

But I guess, when different kind of people work together/live together, things have to work both ways. There has to be understanding both ways. So, for example, I know that ISTP's dont validate too much other people's emotions, then I don't expect them to do so. It is too much for me to expect them to do so, to notice even the smallest changes in the emotional athmosphere or emotions of some other person. So, I don't take it for granted that they wuold understand my emotions or even see what I'm feeling currently. But on the other hand I expect ISTP's to try to see the emotional side of the life, at least a little bit. And when dealing with ISTP's and emotions of other people, it'll alwasy help to tell them straight that now I'm feeling this and this and you should know that and respect me feeling this way now.

I've noticed that ISTP's don't even recognize their own emotional resposes, so they can be helped in dealing with their own emotions too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    This may be more INTP-ish (which I sometimes test as..) but this describes what I feel pretty well, I remember getting goosebumps when I read the quote..

"I think the lonely world that I live in was perhaps self imposed at the beginning but has now become the invisible prison that I can never escape. When all we yearn for is a single soul to understand our own, the greatest fear is realizing it may never be. There is no one around me that I can feel that connected to, or share my heart with and in the absence of that emotional warmth, I only have the cold expanse of the Internet to document my human condition." --Anonymous
    That's INTP. ISTPs are alone and lonely but they like their sex, their drugs, their violent video games; they don't care to document the human condition.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post

I've noticed that ISTP's don't even recognize their own emotional resposes, so they can be helped in dealing with their own emotions too.
    This is true I have trouble understanding how I feel sometimes, If i feel a certain way I sometimes won't follow through unless I have a good reason to. This is where the emotional outburst come from, the ITP's inability to understand and respect their own emotions. It becomes so intense that they suddenly blow up and become an emotional wreck.