User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    which is perhaps why i like the idea of something new rooted out of something old.
    yeah, i would say that.

off topic, but lenore thomson would say esfp is a little different in how it scans the new (estps as well), since they lead with Se. i would probably explain it badly, but basically.. they kind of gravitate towards more popular expressions of "new", and reflect trends in a way. Fi is a little more personalized.. i don't think she went into Ni, but i suppose, that's where a lot of personalization may come from too. there's another site that says if isfps don't get out enough and exercise Se, they could be straight up weird.

Wow... this thread certainly is illuminating for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    This is what I meant. I can see what I wanted to say in all your post, I think you did a good job of expressing it.

I have often felt that people are cramping me, moving in on my space. And destroying my space to work. I think that when I use the word peace I am saying free from unease and I mean free from mental unease. But I see that in my physical space, the space I am in reflects me and affects me. I like what you said about discovery, the description if you are interested in something can always find something new in it resonates with me. Like in flow, the concept of flow.

I might be confusing the matter by mixing too much of me in.
    I can relate to a lot of this actually! Almost word-for-word the main paragraph.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    This is what I meant. I can see what I wanted to say in all your post, I think you did a good job of expressing it.

I have often felt that people are cramping me, moving in on my space. And destroying my space to work. I think that when I use the word peace I am saying free from unease and I mean free from mental unease. But I see that in my physical space, the space I am in reflects me and affects me. I like what you said about discovery, the description if you are interested in something can always find something new in it resonates with me. Like in flow, the concept of flow.

I might be confusing the matter by mixing too much of me in.
    not confusing at all. i agree with both of you guys.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    yeah, i would say that.

off topic, but lenore thomson would say esfp is a little different in how it scans the new (estps as well), since they lead with Se. i would probably explain it badly, but basically.. they kind of gravitate towards more popular expressions of "new", and reflect trends in a way. Fi is a little more personalized.. i don't think she went into Ni, but i suppose, that's where a lot of personalization may come from too. there's another site that says if isfps don't get out enough and exercise Se, they could be straight up weird.
    hahaha. i'm a little weird... err...

do you think you could explain this a bit more or have a link?
    -John Green

^you should just get thomson's book. it's really good.

anyways, i was hestitant on posting this before, but.. i love petula clark's downtown. i don't care if it's old or even gay to some people. she's badass. anyways, it's a good example of someone finding a little peace and inspiration in any Se..even urban, not just nature. i mean, what else is this? she's certainly not singing like an N. she sees simple things in a beautiful way.. i think that's the general principle behind the love of nature - yet applies elsewhere.

anyways, i was hestitant on posting this before, but.. i love petula clark's downtown. i don't care if it's old or even gay to some people. she's badass. anyways, it's a good example of someone finding a little peace and inspiration in any Se..even urban, not just nature. i mean, what else is this? she's certainly not singing like an N. she sees simple things in a beautiful way.. i think that's the general principle behind the love of nature - yet applies elsewhere.
    HAHA... I have always secretly liked that song too.

I like what you say about that general principle applying elsewhere. I think it's true.

I was doing a photo blog for awhile of all the funny and beautiful little things to see just walking around each day, like abandoned fruit, colorful pavement markings to demarcate underground utilities, funny graffiti, and the weird little nib-nobs I find on the ground and sort of hoard.

I just like to savor those little moments of joy throughout the day.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    HAHA... I have always secretly liked that song too.

I like what you say about that general principle applying elsewhere. I think it's true.

I was doing a photo blog for awhile of all the funny and beautiful little things to see just walking around each day, like abandoned fruit, colorful pavement markings to demarcate underground utilities, funny graffiti, and the weird little nib-nobs I find on the ground and sort of hoard.

I just like to savor those little moments of joy throughout the day.
    i actually have a habit of picking up random items i come across and bringing them home with me. shells, broken pottery pieces, stones, playing cards, a perfectly preserved butterfly or dragonfly, little toys lost, broken key chains. haha.

^you should just get thomson's book. it's really good.

i'll look it up!

and i agree with the bolded.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i think you are on the right track, but not quite there...
    ESFPs are not attracted to popular things necessarily -
    i think that leading with Fi causes ISFPs to be led very very strongly by their internal and personal ideas,
    whereas ESFPs become very excited and personally interested in ideas and things that other people are doing. so sometimes that means becoming interested in popular things, but really it just means becoming interested in what the people close to you are doing.

my wife is ISFP - she stays very true to her own personal ideas and wants, whereas i tend to take up things that other people are doing and become very excited about those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    i think you are on the right track, but not quite there...
    ESFPs are not attracted to popular things necessarily -
    i think that leading with Fi causes ISFPs to be led very very strongly by their internal and personal ideas,
    whereas ESFPs become very excited and personally interested in ideas and things that other people are doing. so sometimes that means becoming interested in popular things, but really it just means becoming interested in what the people close to you are doing.

my wife is ISFP - she stays very true to her own personal ideas and wants, whereas i tend to take up things that other people are doing and become very excited about those things.
    That is an interesting way of putting it. Ties it to things in your environment and what you value as important well.

There is the theory of interaction styles. Where the esfp style is get things going. Here is the wikipidea article on it. In the thread A Quick Guide To Double-Checking Your Type there is a description of how to work down to your style.

* Directing communications have a time and task orientation with an implication of urgency to get the task done. "Have your report to me by close of business today."

or

* Informing communications are designed to enroll the other in the process by providing motivation with relevant information. "Your report is an essential part of our project."

* Initiating types are more comfortable with making the first contact and establishing role relationships. They like to engage others in interaction and conversation and are more fast paced.

or

* Responding types are more comfortable letting others initiate contact and accepting the roles established by others. They are more slow paced and are comfortable with silence.

Get-Things-Going (Informing and Initiating). With a focus on interaction, they act as a catalyst using information, enthusiasm, energy and excitement to persuade and involve others. (ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP, ESFP)

I think the word popular here is more used in the sense that it is prominent in the immediate environment and people are into it. Not necessarily popular in the sense of public popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i actually have a habit of picking up random items i come across and bringing them home with me. shells, broken pottery pieces, stones, playing cards, a perfectly preserved butterfly or dragonfly, little toys lost, broken key chains. haha.

i'll look it up!

and i agree with the bolded.
    It is a good book, I found it really interesting too. That is a cool habit, I like collecting too and so does my wife.