User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

What do you get from nature?
    Just simple things, I guess.. I get fresh air, beauty, open space, but possibly the most fun activities to do are out of nature. Not necessarily peace however.

I even get some sense of peace from the bamboo outside this window. It relaxes me, my mind.

i strive for it everywhere though.

in nature.. hmm.. i guess. just depends on what i'm doing. i can easily go tubing or something, and be the guy that just floats off on his own, or at the lake, and just swim out by myself for awhile.

camping is not always good tho.. people raid my food, i might not be dating anyone, and all i hear is people having sex in their tents at night - and i'm in a tent with two of my friends girlfriends (babysitting!), who made me sleep vertically opposite of them, and kicking their feet in my face.. sigh. all kinds of things to go wrong in nature

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    i strive for it everywhere though.
    Sure, I was just thinking about how I can find nature in a pair of chopsticks. I got from bamboo to chopsticks in a few simple steps. I can smell food too.

I'm sure there is something I am missing here. Something that ties all of it together. Nature, living things and the need to express yourself through some kind of art, bricolage. There is something I can't work out that ties it all together to expression.

i think when push comes to shove though, i'm happiest in discovery.. maybe i don't strive for peace as much, per se. doesn't seem to be in the isfp/istp way at least. like i never quite get my fill of fun, and keep looking for things to be fascinated about. even a small thing (i'm not a adrenaline junky by any means). could just be a book or new band or just some cool subject someone's talking about, or getting caught up in the directions of what i could do in a project (for me, mostly artistic ones), or just meeting a cool person. hopefully that doesn't sound manic.. it's not that. i just don't want to withdraw in the same way, i guess. i need time away from people, but not in the same way. sometimes.. i could be alone, and find a new thing to enjoy on my own, and like having time away to explore it, away from anyone judging me or pouring water on my enthusiasm..that's how i feel introverted. perhaps i need to rethink what that means in terms of typology.

.. i could be alone, and find a new thing to enjoy on my own, and like having time away to explore it, away from anyone judging me or pouring water on my enthusiasm..that's how i feel introverted.
    This is what I meant. I can see what I wanted to say in all your post, I think you did a good job of expressing it.

I have often felt that people are cramping me, moving in on my space. And destroying my space to work. I think that when I use the word peace I am saying free from unease and I mean free from mental unease. But I see that in my physical space, the space I am in reflects me and affects me. I like what you said about discovery, the description if you are interested in something can always find something new in it resonates with me. Like in flow, the concept of flow.

I might be confusing the matter by mixing too much of me in.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

That part of it is true, for sure. I hate paperwork. Insurance plans, taxes, bureaucracy, etc.. A lot of modern living is just.. not for me.

I seem to be more future oriented though. I like some of the past, but if I were to idealize something, it'd be... a space pirate. Something like that. Not a tribesman :P I mean, that's just one thing.. I want to do something new.
    i love space pirates! it's why i love cowboy bebop and firefly! although... that's more like a space cowboy...
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

sweet, i didn't know you liked bebop too.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Another part of the ISFP descriptions I like is the pull towards new..

ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.

Similar to ESFP: New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______.

It could be nature. I could be something else. Sometimes I'm starving for that too though. Except hunting.. I have friends who hunt a lot, but I've never gone. Not my thing. I'd like to do something completely different, like hang gliding or white water rapids, but then.. can't really do either alone.
    which is perhaps why i like the idea of something new rooted out of something old.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    What is it about nature? Animals and small children? Why are they in the description? Is it because they all afford a direct connection? The ability to express yourself through or with something while still maintaining a kind of detachment (detachment is maybe the wrong word but I can't think of any other word atm). Is it something like the istp tool orientation but with an animated twist?

I think it is something like that. They all are living things but are relatively agenda free. It is something to do with direct expression. It is, and you can do the same with adults, but it is tricky. The reason I like nature is because it affords me some kind of peace.

What do you get from nature?
    With nature... it's Se. ISFP's are supposedly also the ones to truly appreciate the beauty of nature.

With animals and small children... it's Fi. We're sensitive and empathetic... and have a habit of tapping into our own inner child.
    -John Green