First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

ESTPs can have these inclinations too.

I'm all about being at happening places, but when it comes down to it, I don't want to live in the midst of an urban circus.

I like fresh air.
    I like trees and grass, and plants, and bodies of water.
    Ocean air is the schiznit.

Nature is beautiful. Period.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I adore nature... it's the best way to escape demands and enjoy doing things in the peace and quiet that there is!

I like living in the city with a quick escape route to nature... then I can get all of the things I want from BOTH lifestyles

and the commune thing sounds more like my INFP friend, who always wanted to start her own rural commune
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i don't know if it's just perhaps a phase i went through or what... but i can say that at one point in time, i had a strong desire for a more tribal/communal life. i didn't see myself actually doing this realistically... but as an ideal, rather. although i enjoy the pleasures of modern day and of the city... i think the politics/economics of life have all become far too complicated and would love to see the world taken back to basics. i suppose when i read that in the ISFP description, i took this as being a common ISFP phenomena of thought, no?
    That part of it is true, for sure. I hate paperwork. Insurance plans, taxes, bureaucracy, etc.. A lot of modern living is just.. not for me.

I seem to be more future oriented though. I like some of the past, but if I were to idealize something, it'd be... a space pirate. Something like that. Not a tribesman :P I mean, that's just one thing.. I want to do something new.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I like where I live, on one side is a sprawling city and on the other side is a sprawling forest. It's a nice mix.

This thread topic and first post has got to be one of the laziest ever, I'm kind of proud.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Another part of the ISFP descriptions I like is the pull towards new..

ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.

Similar to ESFP: New! ESFPs are attracted to new ideas, new fashions, new gadgets, new ______.

It could be nature. I could be something else. Sometimes I'm starving for that too though. Except hunting.. I have friends who hunt a lot, but I've never gone. Not my thing. I'd like to do something completely different, like hang gliding or white water rapids, but then.. can't really do either alone.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Your other post reminded me I haven't been camping in ages, I miss it. Best camping I had was near a beach in a regional park, wake up late, cook a big feed, have a rest, walk just half a minute over the dunes, surf all morning, cook a big lunch, have a rest, have another surf or snorkel all afternoon, then cook a big dinner and sit around a fire watching the stars and talking shit. Then repeat the next day.

*sigh*
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I like nature and I like to be outside... as much as possible. I have been spending the summer doing quite a bit of freelance gardening. It is a great type of work to do. I get to be outside. I can enjoy looking at the river. Plus I get to play in the dirt!
    Yesterday evening, I went to an interesting workshop on "wild edibles." The instructor is a certified naturalist. We walked along the road and then went into the woods. She showed us the plants that, normally, we don't pay any attention to. The sorrel, especially, was very tasty. It has a slightly tart flavor and is good in salads. That was just fantastic.
    As for the part about the animals... well, yes, I get along well with them. I occasionally work as a pet sitter. I enjoy all of the cats and dogs. When I was a kid, stray cats used to follow me to school! Now, when I take walks, people's dogs generally want to greet me and sniff me and kiss me and dance with me. They probably smell cat on me!!!
    About living communally... yes, that could be appealing as long as it's not too noisy and no one smokes!!!!!
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i like nature. my wife and i (she is ISFP) used to live out in the desert about a 45 minute drive from town. it was great, very peaceful.
    we also both love BIG cities. variety is the spice of life.

but we do plan to start a ranch eventually. a cattle ranch, i think. my wife grew up on ranches, and i just enjoy ranching.

What is it about nature? Animals and small children? Why are they in the description? Is it because they all afford a direct connection? The ability to express yourself through or with something while still maintaining a kind of detachment (detachment is maybe the wrong word but I can't think of any other word atm). Is it something like the istp tool orientation but with an animated twist?

I think it is something like that. They all are living things but are relatively agenda free. It is something to do with direct expression. It is, and you can do the same with adults, but it is tricky. The reason I like nature is because it affords me some kind of peace.

What do you get from nature?