• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] An open letter to all SPs from a hard-core INFP

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hello SP types!

I was just reading the Do any other SPs get pissed the hell off on this forum? thread, and since I couldn't post there, I figured I'd post here.

I know you may get mad at the forum, but please don't leave! Most of my reading happens in here, and I love it all. IMO, you guys are the best! Smart, practical, fun (a BLAST at parties), in the "now" (envious of that), realistic, but also very open-minded, interesting, and... funny! :D

A few of my faves on here: Halla74, ayoitsStepho, BlackCat, shortnsweet, PettyCure, DieselElephant, wolfy, Jeffster, Quinlan, MDP2525, whatever, Walking Tourist, and a bunch I'm sure I left out. You guys crack me up AND make me think. Nice. :wubbie:

Don't let the other Ns (especailly the NFs) get you down. A lot of them feel like victims (not me), and feel persecuted IRL (not me again), but they have it coming to them... all weepy and shoe-gazing. Sheesh. Me? I love my surreal dream world, but I take it all in stride, and I'm open to all types and demeanors.

This particular INFP has many friends IRL of the SP type (most, in fact), and I know they appreciate me. They're the best. They're open to my whimsical flights of fancy, and they're not afraid to tell me to "wake up and join the real world." And I appreciate it when they do. And as often as not, they're laughing with me, and not "at" me. Love it, and love them.

I think I'll keep all of you. :)

That's it. Just wanted to chime in with some warm and sincere thoughts from this INFP perspective. :headphne:

Now the SJs on the other hand... I like them fine, but I know they get impatient with me and my "type." :whistling:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:cheese: Cool!

...But what to say? :thinking:

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You don't have to say anything! Not looking for compliments or validation. Just wanted to put that out there. :)

Edit: But all comments welcome of course -- I'm terribly interested in y'all's perspective. (Re: Y'all... you can take the boy out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the boy.)

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
just chiming in to agree :yes:

i actually just posted some mental rambling in my NF blog about how gay i am for you guys :D no seriously, you guys inspire me.

yay SPs! :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How are we inspiring? :p

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
How are we inspiring? :p

You seem to have imaginative and fun ideas, and you follow through with them, and often to great success.

Also, an "in the now" attitude that is inspiring to a dreamer like me. It can instantly pull me out of some tired old funk I've been funkifying over for a long time.

And... the ability to take things in stride. A perfect way to lead by example.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
for me it's primarily the "living in the now" part...it might sound silly but being able to do so naturally is actually very foreign to me :doh:

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
primarily the "living in the now" part...it might sound silly but being able to do so naturally is actually very foreign to me :doh:

Agreed, but they present it gracefully - and grace is so important to me. Again, leading by example.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Those people are some of my favourites too!

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ You see? Funny, but graceful and light about it.

In general, the SPs seem to be gifted at social graces. Me? Sometimes I'm a hit, but other times I get looked at like: :shock: and :doh:

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
^^^ Where things you're thinking about or ideas you come up with seem brilliant and obvious in your mind, but then when you verbalize them, folks think you're just crazy?

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
^ You see? Funny, but graceful and light about it.

In general, the SPs seem to be gifted at social graces. Me? Sometimes I'm a hit, but other times I get looked at like: :shock: and :doh:

I do, but i think i meant the same thing as you :alttongue: i often get the same, because it's not natural and therefore comes out very..not graceful.

wolfy

awsm
i'm not sure if i'm socially graceful :\

I am much more now than when I was younger. You have to play that fine line between ... something or other and the other thing. Socially awkward and socially graceful, mix them. I think, it is hard to explain but I have got better at that stuff.

wolfy

awsm
^^^ Where things you're thinking about or ideas you come up with seem brilliant and obvious in your mind, but then when you verbalize them, folks think you're just crazy?

I really never had that problem. My version of social gracelessness was saying nothing.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
I'm socially graceful like swan :)

In real life people think I'm normal, and anything weird they just pass off as artistic.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:yay: someone not saying that we're dumb or obnoxious or breaking their hearts for once!!! awesomeness! :thumbup:

I have no troubles in social situations for some reason, despite the fact that I'm generally labeled as "quirky" :doh: