• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] An open letter to all SPs from a hard-core INFP

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem to have imaginative and fun ideas, and you follow through with them, and often to great success.

It's either a great success or an epic fail... like this shortcut here-

Drives_down_cliff.gif

Sunny Ghost

I am much more now than when I was younger. You have to play that fine line between ... something or other and the other thing. Socially awkward and socially graceful, mix them. I think, it is hard to explain but I have got better at that stuff.

i know exactly what you mean! i've finally given in to the fact that i'm just an awkward person and decided to just be honest about it when i meet people. strangely enough, people seem to welcome me more now that i've just accepted it and gone with it. :blush::smile: embrace your awkwardness kdude!

Sunny Ghost

Ooh, I also wanted to add, NF's are my favorites, with NT's coming in behind them. :D I love the creativity thrown in at completely sporadic times. N's always make me laugh or think, and I enjoy that.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooh, I also wanted to add, NF's are my favorites, with NT's coming in behind them. :D I love the creativity thrown in at completely sporadic times. N's always make me laugh or think, and I enjoy that.

Yes I also really enjoy N's as well, the only N's who can get on my nerves are the ENJs who are particularly preachy and flaky ENPs. But I really enjoy the healthy N types, NTs and NFs are both pretty awesome for their own reasons. :)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ You see? Funny, but graceful and light about it.

In general, the SPs seem to be gifted at social graces. Me? Sometimes I'm a hit, but other times I get looked at like: :shock: and :doh:
*choke* Perhaps the extroverted ones.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nice! But at least the effort was made. As a video guy INFP, I woulda just filmed it and told wondrous stories later. :)

I would have stayed safe too. :p

But I find that all of my ideas about doing stuff are a bit reckless, and can yield really good or really bad results. I've seen both; and I've had both happen too!

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I really never had that problem. My version of social gracelessness was saying nothing.

ha, i have the exact opposite problem!

That *does* sound silly. I'm not sure I can live otherwise, lol. :D

i am constantly living in the future and abstractions; to actually live in the moment and enjoy it distraction-free is really difficult. it's embarassing almost :blush: but the way i see some SPs express that on here is just...so nice^^

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, Abstract Thinker, what a cool as hell message to drop on the Artisan masses! :nice:

Hello SP types!
I was just reading the Do any other SPs get pissed the hell off on this forum? thread, and since I couldn't post there, I figured I'd post here.

I have glanced at that thread a few times. It probably doesn't phase me as much as it does some, but I think that any hatin' that folks do is at least in part spawned by envy, ignorance, and a lack of self worth. That's "real hatin'" though. :laugh: On an online forum such as this, most "hatin'" is in jest and should not be taken too seriously.

I think its funny that these type of stereotypes exist in the real world on many levels, and that somehow, given the opportunity, human beings will find even the most obscure reasosn to further segregate their kind from others for purposes of creating pointless animosity and misunderstanding. Stop it CHILDREN!!! :rolli: ;)

So, fellow Artisans, please don't get out of shape at things needlessly, it will only lessen your MoJo...

I know you may get mad at the forum, but please don't leave! Most of my reading happens in here, and I love it all. IMO, you guys are the best! Smart, practical, fun (a BLAST at parties), in the "now" (envious of that), realistic, but also very open-minded, interesting, and... funny! :D

Well that's about the nicest group comment I've read. Thanks, dude! :nice:

I have always been a lover of people, and before I knew jack shit about MBTI or any other (folk) typology, I had an eclectic group of friends. We've all enjoyed our uniqueness, quirks, and idiosynchrosies over the years. When I did learn a little bit about MBTI, I of course tested ALL of my friends and family. :thelook:

Somehow, the majority, and I am talking 75%+ of my friends are Idyllics and other Artisans. It is freaking wild. Somehow I have not come across too many rationals, other than my brother and best friend's sister. My Guardian parents are wonderful people, but...a little...Stoic...for...me...sometimes. :peepwall:

All three girls I've dated were Idyllics! How the hell did that happen?! :shock:

A few of my faves on here: Halla74, ayoitsStepho, BlackCat, shortnsweet, PettyCure, DieselElephant, wolfy, Jeffster, Quinlan, MDP2525, whatever, Walking Tourist, and a bunch I'm sure I left out. You guys crack me up AND make me think. Nice. :wubbie:

Thank you very much my Abstract Thinking brother! You get big'ups from me, and I'm sure everyone else on your list would pour one out for you! :cheers:

Don't let the other Ns (especailly the NFs) get you down. A lot of them feel like victims (not me), and feel persecuted IRL (not me again), but they have it coming to them... all weepy and shoe-gazing. Sheesh. Me? I love my surreal dream world, but I take it all in stride, and I'm open to all types and demeanors.

I know I always appreciate the perspective of those whose wiring is different than my own. So long as their is acceptance and understanding between men and women, we all have great capacity to improve each other's lives. That is what matters above all things... :yes:

This particular INFP has many friends IRL of the SP type (most, in fact), and I know they appreciate me. They're the best. They're open to my whimsical flights of fancy, and they're not afraid to tell me to "wake up and join the real world." And I appreciate it when they do. And as often as not, they're laughing with me, and not "at" me. Love it, and love them.

I think I'll keep all of you. :)

Yay! We're not getting sold on eBAY!!! :woot: :party2: :moonwalk:

That's it. Just wanted to chime in with some warm and sincere thoughts from this INFP perspective. :headphne:

Now the SJs on the other hand... I like them fine, but I know they get impatient with me and my "type." :whistling:

You're the man, Bro. Thank you again, it goes both ways. I'm very glad to hear your take on things here, your perspective is always well informed and refreshing. Peace to you, Bro. :cool:

-Halla

Sunny Ghost

I know I always appreciate the perspective of those whose wiring is different than my own. So long as their is acceptance and understanding between men and women, we all have great capacity to improve each other's lives. That is what matters above all things... :yes:

-Halla

very nicely said. :thumbup:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dear Abstract Thinker,

In regards to your recent letter, I would like to say:

:wubbie: :cool:

Warmest regards,

Jeffster

Enclosure: :hug:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A few of my faves on here: Halla74, ayoitsStepho, BlackCat, shortnsweet, PettyCure, DieselElephant, wolfy, Jeffster, Quinlan, MDP2525, whatever, Walking Tourist, and a bunch I'm sure I left out. You guys crack me up AND make me think. Nice. :wubbie:

Awwww I'm a FAVORITE. :happy2: I luff you too, special INFP who isn't crazy and/or rabid! :hug:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
This particular INFP has many friends IRL of the SP type (most, in fact), and I know they appreciate me. They're the best. They're open to my whimsical flights of fancy, and they're not afraid to tell me to "wake up and join the real world." And I appreciate it when they do. And as often as not, they're laughing with me, and not "at" me. Love it, and love them.

My friends, as far as I have tried to type them, are probably fifty-fifty SP-NF, so I agree with SPs being awesome :yes::smile: Sometimes I am struck by a sense of admiration for their focus on reality that isn't depressed, like so many times with some other types. Even if they are pissed off about something, it is in some strange sort of way that makes me feel like it'll be ok the next time I see them (and often a LOT sooner), hah... SPs are the best...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hello SP types!

I was just reading the Do any other SPs get pissed the hell off on this forum? thread, and since I couldn't post there, I figured I'd post here.

I know you may get mad at the forum, but please don't leave! Most of my reading happens in here, and I love it all. IMO, you guys are the best! Smart, practical, fun (a BLAST at parties), in the "now" (envious of that), realistic, but also very open-minded, interesting, and... funny! :D

Don't let the other Ns (especailly the NFs) get you down. A lot of them feel like victims (not me), and feel persecuted IRL (not me again), but they have it coming to them... all weepy and shoe-gazing. Sheesh. Me? I love my surreal dream world, but I take it all in stride, and I'm open to all types and demeanors.

I think I'll keep all of you. :)

That's it. Just wanted to chime in with some warm and sincere thoughts from this INFP perspective. :headphne:

Now the SJs on the other hand... I like them fine, but I know they get impatient with me and my "type." :whistling:

Aww, thank- you for your post, that's so sweet :)

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nothin but love for all of you. :wubbie:

Feelin kinda manic tonight, so I can actually open up and say that.

Got a six-pack and a Klonnie to help smooth me out though. And hopefully the crash won't be too bad tomorrow. :huh:

Peace, good people. :headphne:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothin but love for all of you. :wubbie:

Feelin kinda manic tonight, so I can actually open up and say that.

Got a six-pack and a Klonnie to help smooth me out though. And hopefully the crash won't be too bad tomorrow. :huh:

Peace, good people. :headphne:

Aww feel better, that little alcohol/benzo cocktail you got goin' there should definitely mellow you out.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Love those benzos. :yes:

And your post is yet further proof of the awesomeness that is SP. :)

Short and sweet (no pun intended), and to the point. Nice.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Thank you for mentioning me in your post. That made me smile.
I like spending lots of time with N-types. I like it when they come up with creative concepts... I'm better at embellishing on things than I am at coming up with the original concepts... so I like that...