• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Seriously

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I feel like a lot of these judgment's of someones worth are superficial. Perhaps this is my ISFP quality... but I've never had problems befriending people of all types. Every person has their worth, and I feel as though having learned about MBTI has only further impressed that upon me. I don't think someone has to have traveled physically all over the world in order to become interesting, or do some extreme activity for me to feel they are worthy of my time. Simple people are just as amazing. People with their own values or conformist are interesting. People who've grown in one town their entire life and know of no other lifestyle are caricatures of what being a local is about... I find all people fascinating for each individually unique quirk they contain.

honestly, i totally agree with all this. for me i guess it's like the word "lame" is a hyperbole. Of course all people have value and worth, and there really is something special about all kinds of people..but all people have the ability to be lame sometimes, too. it doesn't necessarily keep me from befriending lots of different types of people, it's just that i really can't help that sometimes certain superficial things make me think that people are lame.

Perhaps this is also because I sometimes look at the world of humans through the lens of an anthropologist, each town it's own case study. I'm also just very good in general at entertaining myself, making myself laugh, and never really needing outside human stimulation. I find each new situation as something new and interesting that I may learn from.
Honestly i relate to this right here; it's why I try my best to not let it affect my interactions with individuals. but when my encounters with lameness happen with people in a superficial way (ex. work or parties, where I can encounter a lot of people in a comparatively short amount of time), it's kinda hard for me to not think, "lame" sometimes.

It's when i see lameness in people in whom I have had the opportunity to see the wonderful that i find it worth it to overcome such superficial judgments because i know it's not a proper measure of their worth. doesn't mean I don't :rolleyes2: during the process sometimes, i just do my best to really not let it get in my way and focus on the :cool:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
i'm curious... what makes someone a lame duck?

Oh boy I don't know where to start...like I've had friends not call me back over trivial matters and disputes = lame. Ummm situations where I would be joking or having fun and others would take things too seriously and get angry = lame. Umm generally being around people who constantly talk about themselves and aren't willing to listen and understand other people = lame. People would think they are superior to one another because of how they look, what they wear and how much money they make. :emot-emo: :thelook:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have nothing against women, but yeah I do have more trouble encountering interesting women than I do men, and yes I do share Jix's problem. Everyone IS boring/lame.

Lark

Yes, Srly.

Sorry, just had to, every time I see the thread heading.

KDude

i have more fun talkin to women i know.. i mean, not in like the player sense.. just about random stuff, entertainment/art/or something. lots of guys i know just rambling about their latest plumbling or sales job or something. weeeee! quite a few are watching too much sean hannity as well.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
i have more fun talkin to women i know.. i mean, not in like the player sense.. just about random stuff, entertainment/art/or something. lots of guys i know just rambling about their latest plumbling or sales job or something. weeeee! quite a few are watch too much sean hannity as well.

I talk to lots of women, but I don't get any intrigue from them other than their looks.

KDude

I talk to lots of women, but I don't get any intrigue from them other than their looks.

Well, I hate to point out the obvious, but people have all kinds of things to offer besides their looks. I'm sure you might have an excuse to tune out on some of them, but you just need to find some that you don't. If that's not even possible, then I don't know what to say. This is coming from someone who doesn't easily connect either.

Sunny Ghost

Oh boy I don't know where to start...like I've had friends not call me back over trivial matters and disputes = lame. Ummm situations where I would be joking or having fun and others would take things too seriously and get angry = lame. Umm generally being around people who constantly talk about themselves and aren't willing to listen and understand other people = lame. People would think they are superior to one another because of how they look, what they wear and how much money they make. :emot-emo: :thelook:

maybe it's just because i'm always trying to figure people out, i keep myself interested regardless of the conversation at hand. such as, why is this person so sensitive, or why is this person so concerned with appearance, or why does this person have a hard time cutting loose and taking things lightly, or even why does this person have a hard time looking past these shallow conversations and tapping into something deeper? maybe you could work on your delivery/presentation on jokes or tap more into your intuitive side to see past the conversation at hand.

i'm just trying to help, not give you a hard time. promise. :smile:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
maybe it's just because i'm always trying to figure people out, i keep myself interested regardless of the conversation at hand. such as, why is this person so sensitive, or why is this person so concerned with appearance, or why does this person have a hard time cutting loose and taking things lightly, or even why does this person have a hard time looking past these shallow conversations and tapping into something deeper? maybe you could work on your delivery/presentation on jokes or tap more into your intuitive side to see past the conversation at hand.

i'm just trying to help, not give you a hard time. promise. :smile:

LOL I'm not having a hard time it's just my opinion really. I don't need to analyze peoples emotions and feelings that's what "F's" are for. ;)

Sunny Ghost

LOL I'm not having a hard time it's just my opinion really. I don't need to analyze peoples emotions and feelings that's what "F's" are for. ;)

i wasn't saying you're having a hard time. just clearing up that i don't mean for it to come off that way if it does. :smile:

it could broaden your experience with people if you attempted to open up that side of you more... don't you think? :cheese:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Without being too hard on themselves, everyone should strive to be a XXXX.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
i wasn't saying you're having a hard time. just clearing up that i don't mean for it to come off that way if it does. :smile:

it could broaden your experience with people if you attempted to open up that side of you more... don't you think? :cheese:

:rofl1:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I went back and re-read what I said, but I still fail to find anything attacking in my send. It wasn't my intentions. So, if you're reading it wrong. Stop doing that.

All I said was. I don't understand how women got the especially in the equation. Asked for clarification on that and details on what specifically he meant was lame, if anything specific at all. I'm not attacking someone's OP about what a woman-hater they may or may not be.

Stop making my posts out to be anything more than what they are.