User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 69

Thread: Seriously

  1. #31
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    You're right. I apologize for saying that.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I tend to always one up people in terms of efficiency, I feel like I'm always one step ahead of the game while others take a while to understand, it could be Se mixed with Ni i guess? I'll be the first one to predict a bad idea, then when people don't listen they end up getting caught in a net. Or i'll be the first one to notice a bad seed in a crowed. While others are focusing on themselves I tend to focus on others and the environment around me.
    Yup, the magician in my head works differently as you're describing. My reflexes automatically respond where other's smack the tree.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Just don't drop that.

    lil' STP situational humor there. srry, couldn't resist


  4. #34
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    +1.

    My inability to see the correlation between gender and the amount of excitement in life aside, there's a saying that goes: Boring people are bored.

    What's so lame? People? Life? The people in your life in particular? Family? Friends? Work? Which parts are lame? The drudge of daily life? There isn't much information at all to go by.
    I've always agreed with that saying... if you're bored, you're boring. You can't/shouldn't depend on other's to keep you sparked and entertained. If someone talks on a topic that doesn't spark you... can you not find something about it enlightening to you? Can you not find something to at least learn from the experience? Can you not find the slightest bit of humor? "Be the change you wish to see in the world." This can be slanted towards, make the changes necessary for you to find enjoyment in the world.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  5. #35
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    I find that to be true where I am. A lot of people are just dull and have nothing going on in their lives. Women too. They're just content to do effectively nothing. But even guys too. Go out and live your life. Go play a sport. Go to a concert. Try something new. Go travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I'm an INTP and I can relate to people around me being out of step with the things that interest me, mostly because it is of an esoteric nature. Just the subject matter that interests me they have no clue about, like I was hearing some of my classmates talk about string theory ........... it did not sound like they knew what they were talking about. I'm just very bored most of the time, besides talking to the interesting people on this forum.

    Then I'm generally misunderstood by most people, there are ALOT of close-minded people around me, they judge me because I don't conform to the cultural norms, like I'm supposed to listen to crappy dirty south rap music, sag my pants, talk claptrap slang, all that mess, they really couldn't care for my intellectual nonsense. I probably just need to find a more stimulating environment, their not going to change just because of me.
    I feel like a lot of these judgment's of someones worth are superficial. Perhaps this is my ISFP quality... but I've never had problems befriending people of all types. Every person has their worth, and I feel as though having learned about MBTI has only further impressed that upon me. I don't think someone has to have traveled physically all over the world in order to become interesting, or do some extreme activity for me to feel they are worthy of my time. Simple people are just as amazing. People with their own values or conformist are interesting. People who've grown in one town their entire life and know of no other lifestyle are caricatures of what being a local is about... I find all people fascinating for each individually unique quirk they contain. Perhaps this is also because I sometimes look at the world of humans through the lens of an anthropologist, each town it's own case study. I'm also just very good in general at entertaining myself, making myself laugh, and never really needing outside human stimulation. I find each new situation as something new and interesting that I may learn from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    I think it's best to not really expect anything from the people you meet. Putting expectations on them can only let you down. If you have no expectations in the first place they can only become more interesting.
    Exactly! No expectations! They only let you down.

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Yeah, dirty south is lame.
    I'm from the dirty south.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  6. #36
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I've always agreed with that saying... if you're bored, you're boring. You can't/shouldn't depend on other's to keep you sparked and entertained. If someone talks on a topic that doesn't spark you... can you not find something about it enlightening to you? Can you not find something to at least learn from the experience? Can you not find the slightest bit of humor? "Be the change you wish to see in the world." This can be slanted towards, make the changes necessary for you to find enjoyment in the world.
    It's not really about being bored or boring, it's about the lameness of other people. I'm not usually bored and If I am I blame myself and not others, my post was more of a feeling an observation, I think most XSTP's would agree.

  7. #37
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Just don't drop that.

    lil' STP situational humor there. srry, couldn't resist

    I really do think STP's find others lame and wanting to get excitement from other things.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Robopop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I feel like a lot of these judgment's of someones worth are superficial. Perhaps this is my ISFP quality... but I've never had problems befriending people of all types. Every person has their worth, and I feel as though having learned about MBTI has only further impressed that upon me. I don't think someone has to have traveled physically all over the world in order to become interesting, or do some extreme activity for me to feel they are worthy of my time. Simple people are just as amazing. People with their own values or conformist are interesting. People who've grown in one town their entire life and know of no other lifestyle are caricatures of what being a local is about... I find all people fascinating for each individually unique quirk they contain. Perhaps this is also because I sometimes look at the world of humans through the lens of an anthropologist, each town it's own case study. I'm also just very good in general at entertaining myself, making myself laugh, and never really needing outside human stimulation. I find each new situation as something new and interesting that I may learn from.
    I don't really "hate" these people or try to judge their worth, but if a gang of them are pointing making fun and laughing at me and they don't even know me or try to understand me, I don't want to waste my time being around them. I try to have an open mind to everybody I encounter(I'm biased though), but if someone prejudges me first and doesn't care to act civil towards me, I will avoid them. I've just had alot of bad experiences when younger(especially with bullies). I know I have bad social skills so that factors in too, I am just malajusted. I like understanding people too but from a more detached, systems point of view. Many people naturally gravitate towards other people who have similar interests and share similar values as they do.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

    Johari Nohari

  9. #39
    One day and the next Rainne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix
    Seriously
    Never thought I would see this word in the SP forum.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

  10. #40
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    It's not really about being bored or boring, it's about the lameness of other people. I'm not usually bored and If I am I blame myself and not others, my post was more of a feeling an observation, I think most XSTP's would agree.
    i'm curious... what makes someone a lame duck?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Similar Threads

  1. Taking things seriously
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 08:22 PM
  2. How Seriously Do You Take the Rep System?
    By heart in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 10:53 AM
  3. Taking MBTT too seriously
    By snegledmaca in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 02:16 PM
  4. Serious health-related question
    By Langrenus in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 04:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO