First 123 Last

Thread: ISTP and Pets

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

My bank-robber ISTP friend who went through a life of becoming "hard" in and out of various institutions seemed to do a complete character shift when he would tend and observe feral rabbits in his neighborhood.

It was hard not to laugh at him on how serious and focused he was about his rabbits. My best friend and I found the apparent hard gangster/soft husbandry contrast hilarious but we kept the joke secret because tending these rabbits seemed like such a high value with the ISTP and showing us the rabbits was him demonstrating trust to us.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

^heh that reminds me of Mike Tyson...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubIlBKZFHsI].[/youtube]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^Haha exactly!!! Totally hit the nail on the head.

I could sympathize with Uncle Frank of being a bit uncomfortable at first and eventually getting into the grove of the "ISTP animal kinship/husbandry" experience.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by foolish heart View Post
    the cat where i live drooled on my the other day.
    You, sir, have an admirer. That sounds like love.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    ^heh that reminds me of Mike Tyson...

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubIlBKZFHsI].[/youtube]
    Uncle Frank was scared as hell of Mike. LOL

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I like the idea of cats better, but in reality, all animals (except fish) shed and poop too much. I hate having fur all over the place, having a room dedicated to a litter box, having pee pads... I had 2 bettas in college, but they died a few years ago and I never replaced them. I had a tiny cheap tank for each of them and I had to change the water out too often. If I got a pet again, I'd probably go for fish and get a nicer tank with a pump/filter. I know there's maintenance there too, but it would be less than once a week for changing the water.

I grew up with dogs my whole life. I didn't realize how much I'm not a dog person until I went to college and didn't have to deal with them. I honestly can't stand living with dogs anymore. I hate it at my parents house 'cause the dogs are everywhere. And dogs are fucking needy. And they make everything reek of dog. Nothing smells like it should. Nothing is hair-free. And they're a chore and a big old drain on the bank account.

If I never have a dog again, I think I'll be pretty happy. It's a little unfortunate that my man wants a dog someday.
    I share a similar view... The smells are what get me. There are people out there who become accustomed to the dog smell and it doesn't bother them, but I cannot stand being in a house that smells like wet, unwashed dog. Cats are just the same except worse, either you smell the litter box or you smell their spray, which incidentally they *love* to spray their nasty-ass smell all over garages and tool sets, not to mention urine can cause substansial rust.

Screw pets, if I wanted to clean up after something and feed it all the time I'd rather just have a kid. At least they can learn to clean up their own filth.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

if we're talking about Socionics ISTps here, I adore animals, if I had a say in it we'd have several dogs running around in the house... the man is allergic to dogs however, and I'm allergic to cats

I still want another dog though, dammit :steam:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I share a similar view... The smells are what get me. There are people out there who become accustomed to the dog smell and it doesn't bother them, but I cannot stand being in a house that smells like wet, unwashed dog. Cats are just the same except worse, either you smell the litter box or you smell their spray, which incidentally they *love* to spray their nasty-ass smell all over garages and tool sets, not to mention urine can cause substansial rust.

Screw pets, if I wanted to clean up after something and feed it all the time I'd rather just have a kid. At least they can learn to clean up their own filth.
    Yep.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I like dogs because of their heightened outward responsiveness to interaction with humans. That said, they are a huge chore to take care of, and they pretty much destroy your living area if you keep them indoors. Additionally, they are (as others have mentioned) extremely needy.

I prefer cats because they are less work. They have their own daily agendas that they go about without needing or wanting your attention. They do need to be neutered/spayed, though, or else they will spray all over the fucking place.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Yep.
    bitter bitter.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I don't know my cat though is like a dog, he follows me around he comes to me when I call him. One time I was even play fighting with a friend and my cat started to attack my friends leg and bite him, so me and him are close yo.
    that is adorable!!
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green