User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 117

  1. #1
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default Question for sensors?

    Every see a problem with your tendency to live only within the present moment?

    SPs especially

  2. #2
    Senior Member Shimpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    ISFx
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I don't always live in the present. I think of my future too: SJs are planners, aren't they?

  3. #3
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    I don't always live in the present. I think of my future too: SJs are planners, aren't they?
    Yes, so SJs see into the future a little better because of their introverted perceiving function. Like NJs do better than NPs. But again they tend to struggle with coming up with visions and becoming longer-sighted is something that many sensors struggle with.
    How do you cope?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Shimpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    ISFx
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Yes, so SJs see into the future a little better because of their introverted perceiving function. Like NJs do better than NPs. But again they tend to struggle with coming up with visions and becoming longer-sighted is something that many sensors struggle with.
    How do you cope?
    I'm sorry that you pigeonhole me. That's all I can say.

    Wait, why do you think Ss are shorter-sighted than Ns? Just because they don't always come up with ideas? There is difference between unfeasible visions and planning of practical things. Ingenuity doesn't always mean feasibility.

  5. #5
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    I'm sorry that you pigeonhole me. That's all I can say.

    Wait, why do you think Ss are shorter-sighted than Ns? Just because they don't always come up with ideas? There is difference between unfeasible visions and planning of practical things. Ingenuity doesn't always mean feasibility.
    I am just saying that its a tendency... I am not saying that all sensors are like that... nonetheless that seems to be a potential problem to take note of..

  6. #6
    Junior Member dblhelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    I'm sorry that you pigeonhole me. That's all I can say.

    Wait, why do you think Ss are shorter-sighted than Ns? Just because they don't always come up with ideas? There is difference between unfeasible visions and planning of practical things. Ingenuity doesn't always mean feasibility.
    I have an ISTJ roommate who has some kind of aversion to imagination. All he ever talks about is how simple he can make his day. I would say he plans everything out, but everything he plans is, I guess, too practical. He always brags about how simple his day is. His favorite day consists of "taking a nap, eating a sandwich, and watching TV." I wouldn't say he can't plan, he just has so few ambitions so he ends up doing very little planning. When it comes down to actually doing something, like going out to dinner or something for everyone, he is very good at getting everyone together for it. I would say I'm better at planning for more distant things, while he is better at short term goals.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Shimpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    ISFx
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dblhelix View Post
    I have an ISTJ roommate who has some kind of aversion to imagination.
    I think it's more like aversion to change and to getting out of his shell (comfort zone). I admit that I sometimes cope with it too.

  8. #8
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    I think it's more like aversion to change and to getting out of his shell (comfort zone). I admit that I sometimes cope with it too.
    Get onto that Fe... it will connect you to the Ne.. like the INTPs connect to the Fe through the Ne...

    I can imagine ISTJs and ISFJs having an aversion to imagination as I have an aversion to feelings a lot of times..

  9. #9
    Senior Member Shimpei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    ISFx
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Get onto that Fe... it will connect you to the Ne.. like the INTPs connect to the Fe through the Ne...
    I don't know what you mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I can imagine ISTJs and ISFJs having an aversion to imagination as I have an aversion to feelings a lot of times..
    I don't have aversion to imagination. Again you try to explain to me what I'm (not) like though you don't know me at all.

  10. #10
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    I don't know what you mean.



    I don't have aversion to imagination. Again you try to explain to me what I'm (not) like though you don't know me at all.
    You can get in touch with your Ne by getting in touch with your Fe.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Question for the Extraverted Sensors here
    By tinker683 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 04:09 PM
  2. [INFP] Questions for INFPs about INFPs
    By marm in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 01:48 AM
  3. [NF] Question for NFs.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 01:24 AM
  4. A question for all
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO