• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Question for sensors?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
After reading this thread I feel like throwing up my dinner

Oh and to the original question... I don't feel its worth answering. Seems to imply that there is a problem with sensors which is then confirmed by SolitaryWalker that "coming up with visions and becoming longer-sighted is something that many sensors struggle with"

Hold the phone

Just a few posts back you were asking if it was a problem, now it is a problem and you're suddenly an expert.

Yeah, that's why I just answered the original post instead of focusing on SW's agenda. ;)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
2vshtsj.jpg

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Now that I read the whole topic, I have to say that Zhash's posts were the best. Too bad this person is not around anymore to provide brilliant insights such as "the person with the S in their type is a Sensor"! :D

Skyline

It makes my life easier.
If I wouldn't live in the moment I'd probably question my past and future all the time. Why do that? It makes me feel nostalgic and uncertain. I only like to think of it when it's positive and fulfilling.
Improvization is the key...and knowing what you want..
and I guess I frequently like to check up on myself to notice where I'm standing and where I'd like to be/get at..
this provides growth to me.. if I suddenly realize I am not where I want to be I look for ways to change my ways and fulfill myself.

and for the ones who experience this (Jeffster reference): "How did I end up here?"
I have a possible little 'solution'/answer/... : someone once told me a smart person knows how to keep himself from trouble, and a clever person knows how to get himself out of it. so let's all get clever, eh? :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow... SW being stereotypical as usual here. Move along sensor types. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Every see a problem with your tendency to live only within the present moment?

SPs especially

No. The past is decided. The present is relevant to the here and now and is also the gateway to the future, that which is yet to come.

Having steadfast presence in the present is not a hindrance.

Long range planning (e.g. retirement, health care accomodations, etc.) are separate and distinct from being alive in the here and now.

I have no problems being an ESTP sensor; I am quite happy with my life, and thankful for the perspective I have, realizing at the same time it is not complete without the counsel of my true friends, who are different than me.

wolfy

awsm
Now that I read the whole topic, I have to say that Zhash's posts were the best. Too bad this person is not around anymore to provide brilliant insights such as "the person with the S in their type is a Sensor"! :D

Made me look. What a SW fanboy. Too bad they are gone. Oh well...time moves on and you can't grasp it no matter how hard you try.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do you deal with us intuives?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I personally like to keep my needs simple. Its when you go and complicate things alot that the future matters. If you keep everything simple and open then what happens in the future doesnt really matter because you have the capacity to handle it.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
was that supposed to be how do you deal?

Attention class! Professor Erinavery will now deliver lessons on the proper use of grammar. Beware of her swagger stick... :doh:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
No. The past is decided. The present is relevant to the here and now and is also the gateway to the future, that which is yet to come.

Having steadfast presence in the present is not a hindrance.

Long range planning (e.g. retirement, health care accomodations, etc.) are separate and distinct from being alive in the here and now.

Agreed, with the exception of your final point -- in practice, there can be no distinction between present and future goals. Their connection is symbiotic, as they invariably cooperate to distinguish the overall quality of life one enjoys.

Generally, I find that many who ceaselessly plan for the "future" end up living their lives in spite of the present.

Planning ahead is a good idea. It enhances clarity on potential load-bearing obstacles that might otherwise hinder effective resource management (money; family planning; job outlook, etc...). Makes it easier to navigate the complexities of life, while preparing for moments of vulnerability later on.

The paradox is that too much focus can hamper one's enjoyment of simple pleasures -- things like family; money management and career opportunities. Sacrificing this peripheral analysis can easily pollute one's ability to develop a reliable framework for future events.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Attention class! Professor Erinavery will now deliver lessons on the proper use of grammar. Beware of her swagger stick... :doh:

shush. i was trying to make sure i understood what he was asking! :devil: :smile:

Skyline

I enjoyed your post, Night.

//

For me, I think it's good to look a few steps forward, in order to prepare on the possible (most predictable, perhaps) changes and be able to check up on your necessities if that's really needed... and it's also good to know yourself (also gives some kind of preparation)... but other than that, and especially when I feel in place, I just like to enjoy the very moment :)

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed, with the exception of your final point -- in practice, there can be no distinction between present and future goals. Their connection is symbiotic, as they invariably cooperate to distinguish the overall quality of life one enjoys.

Generally, I find that many who ceaselessly plan for the "future" end up living their lives in spite of the present.

Planning ahead is a good idea. It enhances clarity on potential load-bearing obstacles that might otherwise hinder effective resource management (money; family planning; job outlook, etc...). Makes it easier to navigate the complexities of life, while preparing for moments of vulnerability later on.

The paradox is that too much focus can hamper one's enjoyment of simple pleasures -- things like family; money management and career opportunities. Sacrificing this peripheral analysis can easily pollute one's ability to develop a reliable framework for future events.
I liked this post too.