User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    Now that is interesting as I don't know one SJ in my life who isn't a planner for all things now and in the future (as it relates to practical, concrete things)
    Yeah, I know what you mean.. it actually depends on the situation. For example, I plan things like parties and meetings out in advance. I love planning that kind of stuff. But when it comes to things that concern my future (well off into it) that it kind of scares me and I tend to push it off.

Originally Posted by Shimpei
    I don't know what you mean.
    Your answer is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    You still haven't given me an example from real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    You might wait for a long time, Shimpei. I'm not sure SW has a real life as we know it.
    I tend to disagree. SW has a very rich inner life. Once again, Shimpei is demonstrating from the answer above that he/she has an inferior "Intuition".

As you can see, SW was able to demonstrate this inferiority by the questions he asked to get the response to indicate that Shimpei is a sensor. SW is genius.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zhash View Post
    I tend to disagree. SW has a very rich inner life. Once again, Shimpei is demonstrating from the answer above that he/she has an inferior "Intuition".

As you can see, SW was able to demonstrate this inferiority by the questions he asked to get the response to indicate that Shimpei is a sensor. SW is genius.
    We've established this already in her profile. Now what? Can you get beyond "she's a sensor" and try to use your knowledge of type differences to communicate?

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    We've established this already in her profile. Now what? Can you get beyond "she's a sensor" and try to use your knowledge of type differences to communicate?

Ivy,

I think you've overlooked one important aspect of her post, namely that its purport was theoretical and not practical. She seemingly held little interest in using typology to facilitate communication and instead use it to make an abstract observation which indeed was cogent: people with a strong S preference frequently are unable to understand an intuitor's comment that was otherwise well acceptable.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Ivy,

I think you've overlooked one important aspect of her post, namely that its purport was theoretical and not practical. She seemingly held little interest in using typology to facilitate communication and instead use it to get a glance at some abstract problem.
    What abstract problem? That Shimpei is a sensor? That's already been established, and I'm asking-- so what. I'm aware that Zhash didn't really care to try and communicate with Shimpei beyond labeling her as a sensor-- I was making my own rhetorical point there that apparently flew right by you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Her idea was this: An Intuitor can communicate an idea clearly that will not be understood by a sensor. (Hence the Intuitor in this case should not be held responsible for the sensor not understanding, as in other cases for instance he may be held responsible for not communicating clearly, but this was not one of those scenarios.)

Your point was seemingly...nevermind that theoretical mumbo-jumbo... lets focus on the more humane goals... on the more practical... namely using typology to make communication differences diminish...instead of pointing out that Shimpei does not understand because she is a sensor... why dont you take into account how sensors communicate and present it in a way she will be more likely to understand.

I think I understand your diverging perspectives now...I am not saying that she is right and you're wrong...in fact I think both of the claims are valid..yet also incommensurable because they deal with different matters... hers with the theoretical and yours with the practical..
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    TiSe

I am hoping that everyone is basing their responses on theory, and not limited in realizing that those preferring intuition can communicate concretely, and that those preferring sensing can communicate abstractly? Once again, depending on whose succession of functions you prescribe to, ISJs have a better use of Ni than NTPs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I am hoping that everyone is basing their responses on theory, and not limited in realizing that those preferring intuition can communicate concretely, and that those preferring sensing can communicate abstractly? Once again, depending on whose succession of functions you prescribe to, ISJs have a better use of Ni than NTPs.

Yes, I am thinking in terms of theory and not actual people you meet on the streets.

ISTP is one of the most intuitive sensors, so what I said concerning Shimpei need not apply to you.

It is not true that ISJs have a better use of Ni than NTPs.

This is the order that our functions tend to develop in..

Ti
    Ne
    Te
    Ni
    Si
    Se
    Fe
    Fi

Si
    Te
    Se
    Ti
    Fi
    Fe
    Ne
    Ni

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

omg, BW! *glee*
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Quote Originally Posted by Zhash View Post
    Your answer is the problem.
    Thanks. I'm just an inferior sensor after all.