User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    I think that Fi is stronger than Fe, as analogously Ti than Te and Ni than Si and so on.

But this was not why Thompson would lead us to believe the INTP is more sensitive than the INTJ, has nothing to do with them having Fe rather than Fi. Its because she claims that Fi and Se are right-brained functions along with Ti and Ne, and therefore they actually go ahead of the Si and Fe that are left-brained.

So it is

Ti
    Ne
    Fi

and in affect the INTP has a stronger Fi than an INTJ. I don't think thats the case, there is no Fi behind the Ne, this is just the shadow of Ti working on issues that Fi is normally concerned with.
    I understand. I was always under the assumption that left-handed people are predominently right-brained. Would there be any correlation between cognitive processes and left-handedness/right brain fuction?

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zhash View Post
    I understand. I was always under the assumption that left-handed people are predominently right-brained. Would there be any correlation between cognitive processes and left-handedness/right brain fuction?

Doubt it.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Supposedly, the right brain is Extraverted Perception functions (Se, Ne) and Introverted Judgment functions (Ti, Fi. The left brain is Introverted Perception (Si, Ni) and Extraverted Judgment (Te, Fe).

So the Judging/Perceiving functions are more related to right/left brain.

The right side of the brain thinks in pictures and based on experience and is more artistically inclined (either Se or Ne).

The left side of the brain is more analytical and learns through words and is likely to be more adept at reading and writing (either Si or Ni).

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Supposedly, the right brain is Extraverted Perception functions (Se, Ne) and Introverted Judgment functions (Ti, Fi. The left brain is Introverted Perception (Si, Ni) and Extraverted Judgment (Te, Fe).

So the Judging/Perceiving functions are more related to right/left brain.

The right side of the brain thinks in pictures and based on experience and is more artistically inclined (either Se or Ne).

The left side of the brain is more analytical and learns through words and is likely to be more adept at reading and writing (either Si or Ni).

Leanor Thompson also claims that Ni and Si are left-brained and Ti/Fi right-brained...

But I dont get why Ni and Si are left brained since they are perceiving functions..

Perhaps it is Fe/Te that are adept at reading/writing...Ni and Si just support them in that case...

I am thinking Ti/Fi are actually left-brained functions and only appear to be right-brained because they access the external world through right-brained functions...Ne/Se... same goes for Ni/Si... they are also right-brained but appear left-brained because they access the external world through left-brained functions...Te/Fe
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Blue Wing, I like your theory better. In fact, this is letting me see a correlation with autism.

A few of the core symptoms of autism include poor comprehension and a lack of common sense.

I've been thinking that the understanding of the meaning of something, which is normally associated with the iNtuitive function, is more related to the Judgment functions.

I always thought that interpreting meaning was more in the realm of Feeling and Thinking processes rather than iNtuiting, and autistics generally have a problem with this, but not with cognitive abilities.

With autistics, they can have good rote memory (S) and/or often have active imaginations (N), but the developing of meaningful understanding of their perceptions (by way of T or F functions) is something that they generally struggle with.

I've noticed that a lot of highly creative and imaginative people also take things literally. (Take Emmett Brown from Back to the Future for example.)

Jung considered S and N irrational functions, which means we have no control over the data; we either see it as it is (S) or make connections based on it, which is using imagination (N). N function inspires us with new ideas, but doesn't necessarily interpret meaning.

T and F are the rational functions, which make us able to interpret things either based on analyzing (T) or personal values (F). Hence, as I said earlier, finding "meaning" in things seems more connected with these two functions.

I think it's underdeveloped T and F functions that are the source of a lack of common sense.

An example of this would be creating art. You create something from the imagination (N), but express for "shock value." It can't be the S process because N uses imagination and not observation. So therefore, I think shock value is due to underdeveloped judgment functions.

An artist who communicates something from the mind (N) but who also wants to add meaning to it would probably need the one of the Judgment functions, as well.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Zhash View Post
    Absolutely. Sensors are also the least likely to be introspective. They would rather just fire off based on their tunnel vision.
    What are you connoting as introspection? Anyone with the ability to internalize (either their thoughts or feelings) is introspecting. Besides, I know alot of INTs who claim to be 5w6, and Riso and Hudson's book "Wisdom of the Enneagram claims that that 5w6 types do not introspect that well. If anyone would be incapable or poor at introspection, it would be any type that must gain their energy from external stimulai.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    What are you connoting as introspection? Anyone with the ability to internalize (either their thoughts or feelings) is introspecting. Besides, I know alot of INTs who claim to be 5w6, and Riso and Hudson's book "Wisdom of the Enneagram claims that that 5w6 types do not introspect that well. If anyone would be incapable or poor at introspection, it would be any type that must gain their energy from external stimulai.
    It depends on what you mean by introspect.

The 5w6 is the more intellectual/academic of the 5 wings. So while they're analytical, but as observers, their perception function is directed in the outside world -- and yes, 5s tend to be INTx more than anything.

I think a 5w4 is actually more likely to be typed as an INTJ, really, because their dominant function, Introverted iNtuition has a focus on their inner conceptions. Like the 4w5, they are more fantasy oriented.

The 5w6 would more likely be an INTP, whose dominant function is Introverted Thinking, but has Extraverted iNtuition, these two functions combined tend to be more theory oriented; they analyze the world around them with their dominant function, but understand it through their auxiliary function, which still seeks to understand things conceptually.

An INTP can be very observant (introverts observe more than participate, anyway), but still understands observations conceptually, making use of their extraverted auxiliary function. So they analyze outer possibilities, much more consistent with the 5w6.

Riso and Hudson said that the 5w6 is the classic absent-minded professor type, which generally seems consistent with the INTP stereotype.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It depends on what you mean by introspect.
    That's easy, per dictionary.com:[quote]in

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Every see a problem with your tendency to live only within the present moment?

SPs especially
    Yes. I tend to find myself asking "how the hell did I end up here?" quite often.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

After reading this thread I feel like throwing up my dinner

Oh and to the original question... I don't feel its worth answering. Seems to imply that there is a problem with sensors which is then confirmed by SolitaryWalker that "coming up with visions and becoming longer-sighted is something that many sensors struggle with"

Hold the phone

Just a few posts back you were asking if it was a problem, now it is a problem and you're suddenly an expert.