User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like fantasy and science fiction?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an ISFP and yes!

8 25.81%
  • I'm an ISFP and no!

0 0%
  • I'm an ESFP and yes!

1 3.23%
  • I'm an ESFP and no!

2 6.45%
  • I'm an ISTP and yes!

15 48.39%
  • I'm an ISTP and no!

2 6.45%
  • I'm an ESTP and yes!

3 9.68%
  • I'm an ESTP and no!

0 0%
First 45678 Last

It is interesting how Quinlan mentioned idealism in fantasy. I had never thought of that, I think that is part of what puts me off. I am not into technobabble either. Interesting ideas interest me. Like the old HG Wells story of the guy the could listen to trees and found they were screaming when cut. Or all the weird ideas in Hitchhiker's. I also need adventure, action and comedy.

Why does it put you off? Fi is ideal oriented. Be it in art or ethics.. It's more about that anything else at least. That Lenore Thomson book you were reading had a pretty cool description of Fi on these terms. It's kind of what throws me off on being NF at times (I just don't have the "Ne" thought process, and probably shouldn't retype myself just yet ).

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Why does it put you off? Fi is ideal oriented. Be it in art or ethics.. It's more about that anything else at least. That Lenore Thomson book you were reading had a pretty cool description of Fi on these terms. It's kind of what throws me off on being NF at times (I just don't have the "Ne" thought process, and probably shouldn't retype myself just yet ).
    I don't know why. I'd like to get to the bottom of it though.

I feel fantasy is idealistic in the more global sense of the word. I think that Se pushes isfp to be more idealistic about whatever it is they are into. I am that kind of idealistic, I can see that pretty clearly, but the other more global kind of idealism I don't see in myself so strongly.

I am kind of stoked I figured that out.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

i am an ESFP and HELL no. never been interested in anything remotely unrealisitic: harry potter, lord o fthe rings, starwars, twilight, video games...

oh HELLLLL no.
    bring on the nonfiction, the drama flix, documentaries..
    - From your fun-loving ESFP.
    Se/Fi/Te/Ni, 44% E / 88% S / 62% F / 67% P

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/18/182571.png

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ ...and on the other hand, I have a (VERY) ESFP friend who likes sci-fi. It's not her ideal genre, but she loves the original Star Trek, and anything by Stanley Kubrick (and he did a lot of sci-fi). But most of the sci-fi she likes is sci-fi with a real-world connotation - i.e. you can analyze it to see how it relates to the time it was made, as an artistic expression of the opinions of the time. Or as a reflection of some meaningful thing. I dunno - she's much more deep than I am.

Random observation: Doesn't seem to be a correlation. Unless it's based on how high the person scores on S. Maybe.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned

I refuse to read or watch anything harry potter related. I mean what's so inciting about a wizard with a stick? He defiantly needs a chainsaw, a sword or some kind oh cool looking machine gun. P.S district 9 was a great movie!.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

It takes a lot of "C'mon you gotta see this" from friends before I watch something in that genre. Usually they introduce me to stuff I wouldn't normally watch and then I end up liking it. My ENFP friend introduced me to True Blood and now I'm hooked but generally I am not attracted to the genre.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

True Blood is a very nice show too.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I've always loved the fantasy genre. Couldn't even count how many fantasy books I've read. They were definitely my favorite growing up... When my parents couldn't find me, it was because I climbed a tree to read a fantasy book. A good place not to be interrupted by annoying siblings.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.