User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like fantasy and science fiction?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an ISFP and yes!

    8 25.81%
  • I'm an ISFP and no!

    0 0%
  • I'm an ESFP and yes!

    1 3.23%
  • I'm an ESFP and no!

    2 6.45%
  • I'm an ISTP and yes!

    15 48.39%
  • I'm an ISTP and no!

    2 6.45%
  • I'm an ESTP and yes!

    3 9.68%
  • I'm an ESTP and no!

    0 0%
First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 82

  1. #31
    Senior Member mcmartinez84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    719

    Default

    I'm on the fence, altho I voted yes. Some of my favorite books are sci fi or fantasy, but there's soooo much crappy sci fi out there, that I'm not really into the genre as a whole. And fantasy generally drives me nuts.

    Books I
    Harry Potter series (particularly books 4 and 5...I kinda hated the end and prologue)
    Ender's Game (I don't care for the rest in that series. They're not as focused on Ender as I would have liked)
    Ender's Shadow (Bean is awesome!)
    Brave New World
    1984
    Matilda by Roald Dahl


    I absolutely hated Avatar and it's stupid papyrus font and rip on everything cool in Sci Fi that was turned into crappy dialog, predictable bullshit romance and an overall terrible story with a worse execution.

    Ahem.

    Sci Fi tv I like...
    BSG (Reimagined series...I tried watching the original and it hurt my brain)
    SG-1 (terribly cheesy, but I <3 MacGyver)
    CSI (Vegas before Morpheus joined the cast and Grissom and Sarah started their weirdo relationship)

    I've never been into Star Trek...and I've never seen all of the Star Wars films.
    I liked the new ST movie with Sylar from Heroes in it. Um. I didn't like season 1 of Heroes. I'm too ADD for series that are always To Be Continued. And it had too many characters with too many story lines, imo. It didn't make it very easy to follow and I always felt like I *had* to watch the next one. I could never JUST watch one.

    Ok, my post is long. Done!
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

  2. #32
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Kurt Vonnegut:
    Romance novels:
    i concur! on both of those points.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  3. #33
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I'm on the fence, altho I voted yes. Some of my favorite books are sci fi or fantasy, but there's soooo much crappy sci fi out there, that I'm not really into the genre as a whole. And fantasy generally drives me nuts.

    Books I
    Harry Potter series (particularly books 4 and 5...I kinda hated the end and prologue)
    Ender's Game (I don't care for the rest in that series. They're not as focused on Ender as I would have liked)
    Ender's Shadow (Bean is awesome!)
    Brave New World
    1984
    Matilda by Roald Dahl


    I absolutely hated Avatar and it's stupid papyrus font and rip on everything cool in Sci Fi that was turned into crappy dialog, predictable bullshit romance and an overall terrible story with a worse execution.

    Ahem.

    Sci Fi tv I like...
    BSG (Reimagined series...I tried watching the original and it hurt my brain)
    SG-1 (terribly cheesy, but I <3 MacGyver)
    CSI (Vegas before Morpheus joined the cast and Grissom and Sarah started their weirdo relationship)

    I've never been into Star Trek...and I've never seen all of the Star Wars films.
    I liked the new ST movie with Sylar from Heroes in it. Um. I didn't like season 1 of Heroes. I'm too ADD for series that are always To Be Continued. And it had too many characters with too many story lines, imo. It didn't make it very easy to follow and I always felt like I *had* to watch the next one. I could never JUST watch one.

    Ok, my post is long. Done!
    I suppose having gone through my anthropology major phase, I found Avatar to be quite fascinating. I also felt it struck a chord with my inner Pocahontas.

    Heroes is definitely up there for favorite television shows for me! Season one was the best!!

    Longtime SG-1 fan!

    I s'pose my fantasy/sci fi hating ISTP roommate is just some strange fluke. There are far more SP's of the T variety that enjoy the genre than I thought would.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  4. #34
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I suppose having gone through my anthropology major phase, I found Avatar to be quite fascinating. I also felt it struck a chord with my inner Pocahontas.

    Heroes is definitely up there for favorite television shows for me! Season one was the best!!

    Longtime SG-1 fan!

    I s'pose my fantasy/sci fi hating ISTP roommate is just some strange fluke. There are far more SP's of the T variety that enjoy the genre than I thought would.
    That could of course be a side-effect of the fact the kind of SPs who hate sci-fi and the like stay away from sites like this. Food for thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  5. #35
    Senior Member mcmartinez84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    That could of course be a side-effect of the fact the kind of SPs who hate sci-fi and the like stay away from sites like this. Food for thought.
    Nonsense! All SPs ever are on this site! lololololololol.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

  6. #36
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    That could of course be a side-effect of the fact the kind of SPs who hate sci-fi and the like stay away from sites like this. Food for thought.
    hey, I have an SJ who's a total sci-fi geek but doesn't enjoy using the internet for communication purposes... he prefers it for playing the Star Trek online game and ordering books
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  7. #37
    Senior Member countrygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    That could of course be a side-effect of the fact the kind of SPs who hate sci-fi and the like stay away from sites like this. Food for thought.
    My husband would not be on a website like this. I do pass on the gossip intellectual conversations that I think he'll find interesting but he doesn't ask.

    If it wasn't for my INFP sister, who is totally into si-fi/fastasy, even on tv/movies, I wouldn't know half of the good stuff out there.

  8. #38
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Yes, I forgot Stargate SG-1.

    My favourite Sci-Fi/Fantasy writer is Robert Silverberg, by the way.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #39
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    hey, I have an SJ who's a total sci-fi geek but doesn't enjoy using the internet for communication purposes... he prefers it for playing the Star Trek online game and ordering books
    Relevance? I referenced to SPs who don't like sci-fi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  10. #40
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Relevance? I referenced to SPs who don't like sci-fi.
    you're the Ne dom... I shouldn't HAVE to be relevant
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Similar Threads

  1. Asynartetic, Brain, and Jack's Simply Smashing Sci-fi Symposium...
    By Gentleman Jack in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: Today, 06:33 PM
  2. SCi-Fi vs Fantasy: What is the point?
    By Magic Poriferan in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 03:52 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 04:32 PM
  4. [SP] SP's and Se.
    By Athenian200 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 08:56 PM
  5. I need a sci-fi fix
    By Mycroft in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 10:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO