User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like fantasy and science fiction?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an ISFP and yes!

8 25.81%
  • I'm an ISFP and no!

0 0%
  • I'm an ESFP and yes!

1 3.23%
  • I'm an ESFP and no!

2 6.45%
  • I'm an ISTP and yes!

15 48.39%
  • I'm an ISTP and no!

2 6.45%
  • I'm an ESTP and yes!

3 9.68%
  • I'm an ESTP and no!

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i like science fiction, it is great! i haven't read any sci-fi in a while. i really like Ray Bradbury's books a lot.
    i can get pretty nerdy about Star Wars sometimes, it is awesome.
    The 5th Element is the best sci-fi movie though.

i am not really into fantasy. my wife reads lots and lots of fantasy books. she loves her some fantasy. she is an ISFP.

What is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    What is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
    omg! one of my favorites! sci fi. so quotable. so much to mull over!
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

I think I like sci fi and but can be a bit iffy on fantasy. How should I vote I wonder... My wife likes fantasy and is isfp, maybe that can tip the scales. We could vote as a couple or something.

MBTI
    ISTP

i'm surprisingly into fantasy and sci-fi lol...just not as hardcore as those infp/intps tho lol

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think I like sci fi and but can be a bit iffy on fantasy. How should I vote I wonder... My wife likes fantasy and is isfp, maybe that can tip the scales. We could vote as a couple or something.
    hahaha! a flawed poll, i suppose.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I said yes, but it really depends on the quality of the product regardless of its label. Just cause it takes place in another world with magic or advanced tech or alternate history doesn't make the human journey less realistic.

Hell, I've read/watched "realistic" stuff that was way more fantastic than "fantasy".

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I said yes, but it really depends on the quality of the product regardless of its label. Just cause it takes place in another world with magic or advanced tech or alternate history doesn't make the human journey less realistic.

Hell, I've read/watched "realistic" stuff that was way more fantastic than "fantasy".
    well, of course quality matters. i can't think of anything off the top of my head, but i'm positive that there have been a number of fantasy/sci fi stuff that i just couldn't take.
    -John Green

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Sci-Fi, yes a lot. Fantasy, not really. A few Sci-Fi/Fantasy mix can be good though, but I usually dislike pure fantasy. The only one fantasy novel I have read is LOTR, wich is boring for the most part, and it's less boring than the average fantasy novel. But I liked the movie very much. I've also read Bilbo the hobbit wich is quite nice and try to read The Silmarillon, but too much boring. In tohers hand, I love Sci-Fi and Fantasy series made by Joss Whedon. I'am also a Star Wars geek and Expanded Universe aficionados, but I've never considered Star Wars like Sci-Fi, but more as a pure Space-Opera with some fantasy element (not in an abusive way). I've disliked most part of Sci-Fi blockbuster (like Alien, Avatar or Matrix for example) and I've never seen anything of Star Trek, I've never been interested with. What I can't bear is all theses metal band who are inspired by fantasy/scandinavian universes , that's totally ridiculous and disgusting. Plus it's horrible music.

Actually, I'am a Buffyverse, Star Wars Universe and Dune Universe aficionados, so I guess I'am quite Sci-Fi/Fantasy geeky actually. There was a Star Wars Convention in Paris in 2007 and I regret to not have been here. I want to go to the 2017 Star Wars convention and I'm often wandering about what could be my disguise, lol.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I'm curious how us realistic, practical types feel about fantasy and science fiction.
    News of my practicality is greatly exaggerated. Probably an I"s"FP like you. Or maybe Quin is on to something.. like it's a "Fi-Ni" thing. Because what I'm mainly attracted to is heroism/idealism. Be it historical/realistic/ or fantasy. If they are stories based on someone real (like Joan of Arc or Robin Hood), then they are much more cool and personally inspiring.. but.. I'll take fantasy and sci-fi too.

Haven't read much though, outside of Dune and Conan books. I've tried Lord of the Rings and Song of Ice and Fire, but couldn't keep up with them - but I liked the LOTR movies. Also like games or anime on that angle. Lastly, I used to read (and draw) comics when I was a kid.. kind of got out of it by my teens, but most of the comic movies made nowadays are cool.