• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who is a good partner for the female ISTP ???

Have at it...

• Total voters

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
best friend (ENFP) is with an (ISTP). They have a baby and everything. Seems to work pretty good

except their apartment always looked like shit. Really a hazard if the baby was crawling around at that point. >_>

A

A window to the soul

best friend (ENFP) is with an (ISTP). They have a baby and everything. Seems to work pretty good

except their apartment always looked like shit. Really a hazard if the baby was crawling around at that point. >_>

I think ENFP too. ENTP would prolly make the ISTP snap "to hell with it all"... eventually.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think female ENFP's are good for male ISTP's. I can see that dynamic working.

With almost every ENFP I know, we eventually end up resenting or annoying each other. Even my best friend (ENFP) would drive me nuts in a relationship. Great friends tho :)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm attracted to female ESTJ's but i'm a guy, despite the popular belief I think ESTJs make a great match as well.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
It doesn't appear ENFP and ISTP have much in common at first glance. However, they're suppose to connect with their third function. ENFP dislike when things aren't Te. ENFP's like ISTP's Ni for the same reason they are attractive to INTJ's or INFJ's.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm an ESTP and I prefer an an ExxP partner, preferably an ENFP, despite the ESTP/ISTJ theory. According to that formula that would make INFP the best match for an ISTP that had the same kind of interests I did.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I know there are famous scientist that paired up with their that paired up with their Superego such as ISFJ's and INTJ's. Any couple is possible. However, ISTP's matches should be ESTJ's and ENTJ's because their introverted thinking lines up with their extroverted thinking.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
With the stereotypical Male vs Female it creates issues for a female ST. Its stupid we have this stereotype, but it does exist. Kinda like a male NF. Its one of those times where we could get around a lot of interpersonal issues if people just ditched anything that groups people together and stereotypes as if "majority" is somehow equal to "all" I have heard of fuzzy logic and use it, but I know its fuzzy. Not everyone who uses "fuzzy" knows its fuzzy.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an ESTP and I prefer an an ExxP partner, preferably an ENFP, despite the ESTP/ISTJ theory. According to that formula that would make INFP the best match for an ISTP that had the same kind of interests I did.

I enjoy INFP, but I cant keep up with them when it comes to what seems like to me as bouncing off of walls. I do enjoy watching and reading it though, I just cant really jump in and join much.

I do enjoy the E types who pull me out of my introvertedness even though its hard and out of my comfort level, ones who do that and then tell me I am not doing things right I cant handle, but those who do and just let me be me and kinda guide or steer I have no issues with. It really depends on how unselfish the E type is, do they guide me towards working on my E or do they kick me down because my E is weak. I can see E types being both ways. I can also see them as lets help him, ooohhhh...party...disappears and leaves I standing by themselves. Really depends on person, not necessarily all Es are evil and will screw you over and kick you down.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
What would you say would be the best match for you based on type? (try not to think of your wife, think if you had to remarry, which type would you remarry, although if your wife happens to be the type that you click with most then that's fine)
I enjoy INFP, but I cant keep up with them when it comes to what seems like to me as bouncing off of walls. I do enjoy watching and reading it though, I just cant really jump in and join much.

I do enjoy the E types who pull me out of my introvertedness even though its hard and out of my comfort level, ones who do that and then tell me I am not doing things right I cant handle, but those who do and just let me be me and kinda guide or steer I have no issues with. It really depends on how unselfish the E type is, do they guide me towards working on my E or do they kick me down because my E is weak. I can see E types being both ways. I can also see them as lets help him, ooohhhh...party...disappears and leaves I standing by themselves. Really depends on person, not necessarily all Es are evil and will screw you over and kick you down.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What would you say would be the best match for you based on type? (try not to think of your wife, think if you had to remarry, which type would you remarry, although if your wife happens to be the type that you click with most then that's fine)

I am not married and think my ex wife is the worst type for me and I for her(ENFJ). She is to "people based" and I am to "independent based". The types that intrigue me the most are ENFP/INFP/INFJ/ESTP, not in any particular order. Types that intrigue me are usually ones I would be able to get along with as I don't want a life where I end up in a love/hate relationship. I want someone I actually get along with and enjoy in real life, not "theory" based. Based on real life these are the types I get along with the best.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cool! For me its all of the ExxP types, NFJ's, and any type that pushes boundries instead of following them(which can be any N or P type)
I am not married and think my ex wife is the worst type for me and I for her(ENFJ). She is to "people based" and I am to "independent based". The types that intrigue me the most are ENFP/INFP/INFJ/ESTP, not in any particular order. Types that intrigue me are usually ones I would be able to get along with as I don't want a life where I end up in a love/hate relationship. I want someone I actually get along with and enjoy in real life, not "theory" based. Based on real life these are the types I get along with the best.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think female ENFP's are good for male ISTP's. I can see that dynamic working.

With almost every ENFP I know, we eventually end up resenting or annoying each other. Even my best friend (ENFP) would drive me nuts in a relationship. Great friends tho :)

Haha. This is my old post. I've been with an ENFP for 2.5 years. Im not sure we will be together very much longer due to some personal issues he is having. Needless to say, if he didn't have those issues (or he fixes them) I think this could work. Regardless, we would remain on good terms. It's that type of connection. Sometimes things work and sometimes it doesn't. So many factors outside type.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

Interesting. What other things did you find to be wrong with the ISTP-ENFJ pairing? What was it that drew you to each other in the first place and led to marriage?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. What other things did you find to be wrong with the ISTP-ENFJ pairing? What was it that drew you to each other in the first place and led to marriage?

She is a planner. While i like that since i am a P type. It was to much control for me. it was lets fill all this fun into such a tight time frame we are all stessEd out.

She would get mad at me on my behalf because i didnt care about something . Which was annoying as hell

She hated who i was because everyone loved me and stood up for me against her bitchyness

She is anal and i am go with the flow

Nothing i did was right because i am not anal which lead to me being lazy

She has some screwed up perception of me that somehow matches the typical guy, yet i am far from typical.

Always ended up in i am damned if i do and damned if i dont do to my weakness in planning and my lack of anal

she truly thought i would come crawling back because i am incompetent and cant do anything for myself. I didnt do it because i was tired of getting bitched at for what i did do

Our parenting styles differ. I make my words gold, she yells with alot of empty threats

I felt empty inside, she knew "people" so she didnt know what i wanted. When i told her it was stupid or wrong And then said i never bring anything up because when i did it was dismissed.

Basically she couldnt see reality for what it was, just some vision in her head and her controlling take over nature was driven by that.

she is an awesome "people" person, but on a one-on-one scale she sucked because she controlled by trying to put the person with the typical

She still to this day tells me what i should have done to fix my issues that i dont have issues with, but typical guy would.

Called me every name in book and truly believes i fit them, yet no one else thinks so.

the good.

I am a busy body and helpec alot, she always had plans

Both have huge hearts and do anything for anyone

Firts girlfriend

always late to everything because of sex.

Always out and about

Always moving forward to reach goals

Lots of fun at first before she got all stressed and bitchy

We got engaged in college, i was stil seeing if she provided what i needed. I ws stupid and said yes when she asked me to marry her during sex. Then by next day everyone knew we were engaged and i was like...shit. wasnt bad enough to call it off. So i just continued to try and pull what was missung out of her. Never found it and then she got srresed and between missing stuff which left me empty and all hell breaking loose it just spiraled down hill.

She needs typical guy and someone who is less independent. no one really understands me so they cant really help her with me and being a people person thats what she relies on.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And to top it off, i am mentaly unstable, have major anger issues and need mental therapy and jts all my parents fault for the way i am. Yet the last 2 people i dated loved the way my parents raised me because i treat women right, am extremely stable, and have a good head on my shoilders. Go figure.

She has even talked to my current girlfriend about my weaknesses and my girlfriend just roles her eyes because my ex doesnt really see what i do, just that its not what she wants me to do....basicaly..i need to skin a cat this one way or its wrong.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually think that INTP and ISTP could make a great pair. There would definitely be a comfortable understanding in communication with both being Ti-doms, but the INTP can benefit from having a partner with more sensory awareness. I've known work partners who were INTP and ISTP and that pairing was really smooth and practical. For some reason I think it would work especially well when its the woman who is ISTP.

As a general rule my impression is that F and T are a difficult pairing, so it's easier if both partners are either F or both are T. It can vary with individuals who can span a wider range of communication styles and relationship assumptions, but it does help to have an easy relationship, rather than "opposites attract".

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually think that INTP and ISTP could make a great pair. There would definitely be a comfortable understanding in communication with both being Ti-doms, but the INTP can benefit from having a partner with more sensory awareness. I've known work partners who were INTP and ISTP and that pairing was really smooth and practical. For some reason I think it would work especially well when its the woman who is ISTP.

As a general rule my impression is that F and T are a difficult pairing, so it's easier if both partners are either F or both are T. It can vary with individuals who can span a wider range of communication styles and relationship assumptions, but it does help to have an easy relationship, rather than "opposites attract".

opposites attract for certain things. I really believe that J vs P plays a huge role in opposites due to nature of it. Perceptives have a common way of looking at world that allows them to get past, Judgers have a way as well that allow them to get along better in areas where they are oposite.

I really dont think that its a S vs N or T vs Fissues, but heavily dependent on the location of the F/T or S/N due to the different ways we rely as well as the E or I of that function. kinda like how socionics have split it all up. Its alot more complicated then just F vs T or S vs N

if you look at instant click then N vs S or T vs F may apply, but longer term then instant i believe does not follow the same rules.

aanule

MBTI Type
ENFP
She is a planner. While i like that since i am a P type. It was to much control for me. it was lets fill all this fun into such a tight time frame we are all stessEd out.

She would get mad at me on my behalf because i didnt care about something . Which was annoying as hell

She hated who i was because everyone loved me and stood up for me against her bitchyness

She is anal and i am go with the flow

Nothing i did was right because i am not anal which lead to me being lazy

She has some screwed up perception of me that somehow matches the typical guy, yet i am far from typical.

Always ended up in i am damned if i do and damned if i dont do to my weakness in planning and my lack of anal

she truly thought i would come crawling back because i am incompetent and cant do anything for myself. I didnt do it because i was tired of getting bitched at for what i did do

Our parenting styles differ. I make my words gold, she yells with alot of empty threats

I felt empty inside, she knew "people" so she didnt know what i wanted. When i told her it was stupid or wrong And then said i never bring anything up because when i did it was dismissed.

Basically she couldnt see reality for what it was, just some vision in her head and her controlling take over nature was driven by that.

she is an awesome "people" person, but on a one-on-one scale she sucked because she controlled by trying to put the person with the typical

She still to this day tells me what i should have done to fix my issues that i dont have issues with, but typical guy would.

Called me every name in book and truly believes i fit them, yet no one else thinks so.

the good.

I am a busy body and helpec alot, she always had plans

Both have huge hearts and do anything for anyone

Firts girlfriend

always late to everything because of sex.

Always out and about

Always moving forward to reach goals

Lots of fun at first before she got all stressed and bitchy

We got engaged in college, i was stil seeing if she provided what i needed. I ws stupid and said yes when she asked me to marry her during sex. Then by next day everyone knew we were engaged and i was like...shit. wasnt bad enough to call it off. So i just continued to try and pull what was missung out of her. Never found it and then she got srresed and between missing stuff which left me empty and all hell breaking loose it just spiraled down hill.

She needs typical guy and someone who is less independent. no one really understands me so they cant really help her with me and being a people person thats what she relies on.

All of the underlined is true with my ex ENTJ. Just had to point it out because I saw so many similarities. :)