• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who is a good partner for the female ISTP ???

Have at it...

• Total voters

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP guy, ESTJ guy, or an IFJ of some sort?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm still waiting to hear what IndyAnnaJoan meant by all girls wanting to feel like a princess.

Who knows? But I'm guessing 55% respected, 20% adored, 10% worshipped, and 5% feared.:devil:

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think ENFP and ISTP are really good matches I'm not sure about perfect though. I tend to like ESFPs, ENTPs and INFJ's as well. I don't really like ESTPS, and INTJs and ESFJ's as much though. I find INTJs the most boring and arrogant, maybe even ENTJS too. I could never ever see myself with an ESFJ either, way too controlling for me and ESTP's are too in my face I need my space.

:shock: You and I are very different ISTPs!! Also, ESFPs piss me off. ENFPs are pretty cool tho. INTJs are fun for awhile, but the one I'm friends with bows down to his stupid girlfriend. And he knows she's being stupid. Oh well!

I love ESTPs... :wubbie: They're usually my BFFs. Um, I don't think I'd want to marry one. Excellent friends tho. :D

ISTJs end up annoying me 'cause they're either completely boring or they aren't adventurous enough. They have a time and a place, imo. Nothing unconditional tho. They're too moody and awkward. A bit selfish too.

I really love ESTJs too. Again, as friends. They're dense in the same areas that I'm dense in. It's funny in a way to see an ESTJ and ISTJ interact. Funny to me, incredibly frustrating to them. They're never on the same page...at least the 2 I know never are. She (istj) will say something and he (estj) will respond in a manner that he sees as appropriate...and she has no idea what it means. And he has no idea why she's confused. And it's a big argument every time they talk. I have to be their translator of sorts. :smile: Only thing that sucks about being their translator is that she usually ends up getting mad at me for "taking his side"...when I'm not taking either side. I'm just explaining what he means and how he processed the stuff she said. I've talked to him about particular conversations later and what she'd say to me, what he'd say to her and how I'd explain his view on it...and I'm almost always right with my explanation. She's retarded sometimes.

Ahem.

I like me some ENTJ. Confidence goes a long way. Ime, ESTJs value family and religion too much for me to create a romantic relationship with them. I value the folks and all, but my life doesn't center around family reunions or anything...and I'm certainly not religious. The ENTJ I'm with isn't religious either...nor is he particularly close to his family.

ENFPs and INFPs are definitely my favorite of the feeling types.

ESTP, ESTJ and ENTJ. Last is ENTP. I definitely like ENTPs, but their sense of humor is fundamentally different from mine. They're super handy to have around, but in the long run, I just don't *get* it with them.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wouldn't rule out a fellow ISTP or ESTP but it's really difficult for the emotional dynamic to not end up with this sort of outcome:

[YOUTUBE="Un9Ek6IM_Kw"]xSTP + xSTP[/YOUTUBE]

I really think fellow xSTP relationships can only work if the Enneagram types differ in a compatible way.

This made me spit my drink out. :yim_rolling_on_the_

Sunny Ghost

What is this feeling like a princess thing?

sorry, MDP answered it earlier, so i just left it at that.

even the strongest, most independent, intelligent woman, wants to be treated right and wants a man that can make them feel like a woman. but for a male to be able to have this ability on a female, he has to be able to match her in strength, independence and intelligence, and be cordial and a gentleman, and treat her with respect. the strong female may not admit that tapping into her more feminine side is what she wants, but it's what we all want. just as men want to feel like men, and not some pansy. :yes:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
:shock: You and I are very different ISTPs!! Also, ESFPs piss me off. ENFPs are pretty cool tho. INTJs are fun for awhile, but the one I'm friends with bows down to his stupid girlfriend. And he knows she's being stupid. Oh well!

I love ESTPs... :wubbie: They're usually my BFFs. Um, I don't think I'd want to marry one. Excellent friends tho. :D

ISTJs end up annoying me 'cause they're either completely boring or they aren't adventurous enough. They have a time and a place, imo. Nothing unconditional tho. They're too moody and awkward. A bit selfish too.

I really love ESTJs too. Again, as friends. They're dense in the same areas that I'm dense in. It's funny in a way to see an ESTJ and ISTJ interact. Funny to me, incredibly frustrating to them. They're never on the same page...at least the 2 I know never are. She (istj) will say something and he (estj) will respond in a manner that he sees as appropriate...and she has no idea what it means. And he has no idea why she's confused. And it's a big argument every time they talk. I have to be their translator of sorts. :smile: Only thing that sucks about being their translator is that she usually ends up getting mad at me for "taking his side"...when I'm not taking either side. I'm just explaining what he means and how he processed the stuff she said. I've talked to him about particular conversations later and what she'd say to me, what he'd say to her and how I'd explain his view on it...and I'm almost always right with my explanation. She's retarded sometimes.

Ahem.

I like me some ENTJ. Confidence goes a long way. Ime, ESTJs value family and religion too much for me to create a romantic relationship with them. I value the folks and all, but my life doesn't center around family reunions or anything...and I'm certainly not religious. The ENTJ I'm with isn't religious either...nor is he particularly close to his family.

ENFPs and INFPs are definitely my favorite of the feeling types.

ESTP, ESTJ and ENTJ. Last is ENTP. I definitely like ENTPs, but their sense of humor is fundamentally different from mine. They're super handy to have around, but in the long run, I just don't *get* it with them.

Yeah well in terms of preference we are pretty different I'd say or we might just have different experiences with certain types. I do like ESTJS I get along with them but I can't be around them too much. I actually feel the same way you described the ISTJ ESTJ relationship with ESTPS, in that we are never on the same page!. They are usually way too up and ago for me and get into sticky situations I feel can be avoided easy. ESFPS on the other hand are more sensible than ESTPS for me ESFPS tend to react more to how I feel and I have alot of respect towards them, they are in my opinion very caring and handy people. Maybe it's my dose of "N" that makes me more of a sensitive person to how an ESTP reacts. I honestly really don't understand INFPS, it's not that I don't get along with them it's that I find them far too wishy washy for my taste, I really don't take INFPS seriously lol. I find I have to initiate everything with an INFP, and as an introvert myself that makes me feel uncomfortable. I tend to get along with ENTPs very well almost if not the same than better than ENFPs. I also get along with INTPS although I hardly know any in real life. I'd say out of all of them an unhealthy ESFJ is the absolute worst to be around, I can't stand unhealthy ESFJS for the life of me.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah well in terms of preference we are pretty different I'd say. I do like ESTJS too i get along with them but I can't be around them too much. I actually feel the same way you described the ISTJ ESTJ relationship with ESTPS, in that we are never on the same page!. They are usually way too up and ago for me and get into sticky situations I feel can be avoided easy. ESFPS on the other hand are more sensible than ESTPS for me I don't know maybe it's my dose of "N" that makes me more of a sensitive person to how an ESTP reacts. I honestly really don't understand INFPS either, it's not that I don't get along with them it's that I find them far too wishy washy for my taste. I find I have to initiate everything with an INFP, and as an introvert myself that makes me feel uncomfortable. I tend to get along with ENTPs very well almost if not the same than better than ENFPs. I also get along with INTPS although I hardly know any in real life.

That's funny. Our %s must be different. Hm. Maybe it's a male/female thing. The confirmed ESFP I know is pretty much the stereotype annoying ESFP. She *can* be alright at times, but around most people... :rolli: I'm not sure if she can say it, but holy crap, what an attention whore. There's another girl that I suspect is ESfP and she's pretty cool, altho a bit draining on me after a long period of time 'cause it's non stop talking.

An ESTP and the same ESTJ I know...it's funny. The ESTJ likes the ESTP, but the ESTP can't STAND how the ESTJ is (likes to plan, presents his opinions almost as fact...). The ESTJ doesn't really have a clue. Poor guy. But the ESTP doesn't live here anymore, so it's really no big deal.

One of my BFFs is an INFP. I don't feel socially exhausted around her tho. She seems to understand me pretty well. She can always pick a gift I'd like, think of something I'd like to do, etc. Y'know, idk that I understand her as much as she understands me... A lot of the time we can bum around in silence... She's good at keeping me company while I do chores. :)

I got along pretty well with an IxTP for awhile in college until he started dating a burned out druggie and started doing all kinds of drugs himself. No thanks. He and the group we were friends with....they definitely stood me up when I was in town one time. We'd made dinner plans and when I called them up right before dinner to figure out where we were meeting, no one answered their phones. A couple of minutes later I got a text that said "sorry could not wait." What a bunch of freaking fags. (No offense to the gay community.)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
That's funny. Our %s must be different. Hm. Maybe it's a male/female thing. The confirmed ESFP I know is pretty much the stereotype annoying ESFP. She *can* be alright at times, but around most people... :rolli: I'm not sure if she can say it, but holy crap, what an attention whore. There's another girl that I suspect is ESfP and she's pretty cool, altho a bit draining on me after a long period of time 'cause it's non stop talking.

An ESTP and the same ESTJ I know...it's funny. The ESTJ likes the ESTP, but the ESTP can't STAND how the ESTJ is (likes to plan, presents his opinions almost as fact...). The ESTJ doesn't really have a clue. Poor guy. But the ESTP doesn't live here anymore, so it's really no big deal.

One of my BFFs is an INFP. I don't feel socially exhausted around her tho. She seems to understand me pretty well. She can always pick a gift I'd like, think of something I'd like to do, etc. Y'know, idk that I understand her as much as she understands me... A lot of the time we can bum around in silence... She's good at keeping me company while I do chores. :)

I really think it is a male/female thing, mainly because more males tend to be introverts than females, also females get really catty of other females. haha

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really think it is a male/female thing, mainly because more males tend to be introverts than females, also females get really catty of other females. haha

I'm not so sure it is a male/female thing. Probably has to do more with experiences and strength of preferences. I agree ESTPs would probably not be the best match for me (romantically, at least... I have several ESTP friends). As I said before, I would imagine the best matches for me would be an ENFP, ENTP or possibly an ESTJ (although I'm not 100% sure about that one... I already mentioned the last one didn't work so well). I get along great with IXTPs, but I think a relationship would be a little boring with someone too similar. I think I at least need an extrovert and/or a perceiver.

I think we should get a poll on this thing :p

I had one more thought, but I already forget what it was, and I'm too lazy to spend any more time thinking about it (for now). :)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm not so sure it is a male/female thing. Probably has to do more with experiences and strength of preferences. I agree ESTPs would probably not be the best match for me (romantically, at least... I have several ESTP friends). As I said before, I would imagine the best matches for me would be an ENFP, ENTP or possibly an ESTJ (although I'm not 100% sure about that one... I already mentioned the last one didn't work so well). I get along great with IXTPs, but I think a relationship would be a little boring with someone too similar. I think I at least need an extrovert and/or a perceiver.

I think we should get a poll on this thing :p

I had one more thought, but I already forget what it was, and I'm too lazy to spend any more time thinking about it (for now). :)

I think anyone can get along with anyone really. I mean I have an ISTJ friend and I have a blast when we go out, and ISTJs are supposed to be considered boring, I also get along with those types you mentioined but I will never fully say I get along with ESTJS because the unhealthy ones can really get on my nerves.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think anyone can get along with anyone really. I mean I have an ISTJ friend and I have a blast when we go out, and ISTJs are supposed to be considered boring, I also get along with those types you mentioined but I will never fully say I get along with ESTJS because the unhealthy ones can really get on my nerves.

Yes... I definitely agree. :mellow:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What, cause women want to feel like pansies? 'Cause men want to feel disrespected?

I think you draw the line between what men and women want too strongly IndyAnnaJoan.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
No, women don't want to be pansies or treated like pansies but we want men to see through our tough exterior and see that at the core, we also want to be pampered a little and treated like a lady, in the old fashioned sense. There is too little and then, there is too much.

For example: Yes, it'd be nice if men lifts heavy boxes for me because I am a woman and sort of tiny. That's cool and sweet. But I want them to know that I could lift those boxes by myself if I had to. Does that make sense? I am not incapable of it. And sometimes, I want to lift them myself.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: the man knows that I'm better at building fires, quick fixes for things that go wrong in the house and weilding a hammer than he is (he's actually handed over carpentry duties to me before because I'm much more efficient :laugh:) but he never mixes up the fact that I'm a woman and not one of his buddies... I'm to be treated different from his best male friend- take me out for sushi instead of going to the time trials for the race and seeing how much free beer you can score :)

I think that's the basic difference that we're talking about here- recognize that your lady isn't just one of the guys, even if she IS good at traditionally masculine skills :yes:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so