First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I really think it is a male/female thing, mainly because more males tend to be introverts than females, also females get really catty of other females. haha
    I'm not so sure it is a male/female thing. Probably has to do more with experiences and strength of preferences. I agree ESTPs would probably not be the best match for me (romantically, at least... I have several ESTP friends). As I said before, I would imagine the best matches for me would be an ENFP, ENTP or possibly an ESTJ (although I'm not 100% sure about that one... I already mentioned the last one didn't work so well). I get along great with IXTPs, but I think a relationship would be a little boring with someone too similar. I think I at least need an extrovert and/or a perceiver.

I think we should get a poll on this thing :P

I had one more thought, but I already forget what it was, and I'm too lazy to spend any more time thinking about it (for now).
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I'm not so sure it is a male/female thing. Probably has to do more with experiences and strength of preferences. I agree ESTPs would probably not be the best match for me (romantically, at least... I have several ESTP friends). As I said before, I would imagine the best matches for me would be an ENFP, ENTP or possibly an ESTJ (although I'm not 100% sure about that one... I already mentioned the last one didn't work so well). I get along great with IXTPs, but I think a relationship would be a little boring with someone too similar. I think I at least need an extrovert and/or a perceiver.

I had one more thought, but I already forget what it was, and I'm too lazy to spend any more time thinking about it (for now).
    I think anyone can get along with anyone really. I mean I have an ISTJ friend and I have a blast when we go out, and ISTJs are supposed to be considered boring, I also get along with those types you mentioined but I will never fully say I get along with ESTJS because the unhealthy ones can really get on my nerves.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I think anyone can get along with anyone really. I mean I have an ISTJ friend and I have a blast when we go out, and ISTJs are supposed to be considered boring, I also get along with those types you mentioined but I will never fully say I get along with ESTJS because the unhealthy ones can really get on my nerves.
    Yes... I definitely agree.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    the strong female may not admit that tapping into her more feminine side is what she wants, but it's what we all want. just as men want to feel like men, and not some pansy.
    What a great way to say that.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

What, cause women want to feel like pansies? 'Cause men want to feel disrespected?

I think you draw the line between what men and women want too strongly IndyAnnaJoan.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I'll ask.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

No, women don't want to be pansies or treated like pansies but we want men to see through our tough exterior and see that at the core, we also want to be pampered a little and treated like a lady, in the old fashioned sense. There is too little and then, there is too much.

For example: Yes, it'd be nice if men lifts heavy boxes for me because I am a woman and sort of tiny. That's cool and sweet. But I want them to know that I could lift those boxes by myself if I had to. Does that make sense? I am not incapable of it. And sometimes, I want to lift them myself.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

the man knows that I'm better at building fires, quick fixes for things that go wrong in the house and weilding a hammer than he is (he's actually handed over carpentry duties to me before because I'm much more efficient ) but he never mixes up the fact that I'm a woman and not one of his buddies... I'm to be treated different from his best male friend- take me out for sushi instead of going to the time trials for the race and seeing how much free beer you can score

I think that's the basic difference that we're talking about here- recognize that your lady isn't just one of the guys, even if she IS good at traditionally masculine skills
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Mmm sushi

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Mmm sushi