First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    ^ What's confusing is that the functions may be different but the descriptions would be the same as Myers...mostly.
    Not really. The ILE description looks more like some burnt-out INTP or ENTP, rather than a healthy example of either; and the EIE description looks way too damn histrionic and flaky for ENFJ. ESTp looks more like an ENTJ with a lot of Se (or even an ESFP 8w7) rather than ESTP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I hear a lot of TJs suggested... I can only speak for myself, but I've only ever been attracted to an ESTJ. Te is difficult for me to tolerate sometimes (Occasionally brings out my Te, my "opposing" (5th) function), but I usually really respect Te- users. And while I can see an ESTJ + ISTP working, it's not my preference. But that may just be because my relationship with ESTJ didn't end as pleasantly as I would have liked, and it's still fairly recent.

My best guy friend is an ENTJ, and I frequently want to punch him in the face.

I have an INTJ brother, too, and I frequently want to punch him in the face as well. My boss is an INTJ, and while we get along well... his personality is a bit too much for me sometimes.

I get along with ISTJs but the dynamic is boring. I need more differences.

If I had to guess the best matches for an ISTP, I'd say ENTP, ENFP, or ESTJ. I personally prefer extroverts and perceivers. ESTP is too much alike, and ESFPs may be -too- outgoing for me. I'm currently dating an ENTP, and I love our dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Because we don't actively look for one. I would like to get married but I wouldn't be unhappy with my life if I wasn't. Maybe that's a problem for us. We are a little too content with our day to day lives? I don't know.

*We are a lot softer with people we like than anyone else - even friends.
    Ah.. so true.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I am talking about the introverts when P and J is supposedly supposed to change, not the extroverts.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Because we don't actively look for one. I would like to get married but I wouldn't be unhappy with my life if I wasn't. Maybe that's a problem for us. We are a little too content with our day to day lives? I don't know.
    I feel this might be an ISxP thing. We're just too dern independent.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I hear a lot of TJs suggested... I can only speak for myself, but I've only ever been attracted to an ESTJ. Te is difficult for me to tolerate sometimes (Occasionally brings out my Te, my "opposing" (5th) function), but I usually really respect Te- users. And while I can see an ESTJ + ISTP working, it's not my preference. But that may just be because my relationship with ESTJ didn't end as pleasantly as I would have liked, and it's still fairly recent.
    TJ's seem to work. ISTJ, ESTJ and ENFJ are the only ones to get relationship status from me. I understand the ISTJ thing. It gets way too comfortable. I really like J's though. They bring a stability I need in relationships but also it's fun to try to shake theirs up. I enjoy that very much. Other P's we end up feeding off each other and it goes over the deep end. Which is great for friendships but I want someone to pull me back from my own wildness sometimes.

However, that was a long time ago. As I get older, I see myself more interested in ENFP (I met one that blew me away. I thought I could really fall for someone like him if he was physically attractive ) and ESTJ (It's just so damn easy). I wouldn't rule out a fellow ISTP or ESTP but it's really difficult for the emotional dynamic to not end up with this sort of outcome:

[YOUTUBE="Un9Ek6IM_Kw"]xSTP + xSTP[/YOUTUBE]

I really think fellow xSTP relationships can only work if the Enneagram types differ in a compatible way.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

TJ's seem to work. ISTJ, ESTJ and ENFJ are the only ones to get relationship status from me. I understand the ISTJ thing. It gets way too comfortable. I really like J's though. They bring a stability I need in relationships but also it's fun to try to shake theirs up. I enjoy that very much. Other P's we end up feeding off each other and it goes over the deep end...which is great for friendships but I want someone to pull me back from my own wildness sometimes.

However, that was a long time ago. As I get older, I see myself more interested in ENFP (I met one that blew me away. I thought I could really fall for someone like him if he was physically attractive ) and ESTJ (It's just so damn easy). I wouldn't rule out a fellow ISTP or ESTP but it's really difficult for the emotional dynamic to not end up with this sort of outcome:

I really think fellow xSTP relationships can only work if the Enneagram types differ in a compatible way.
    ah ha ha ha ha! great video.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Yeah, blucie, I know a lot of people say they want ____. But you know there's a difference between idly thinking theoretically that someday I might want something and like, wanting something enough to actually building an action plan around wanting it or having it or even actively seeking it. I'd tread carefully before making any move to help "problem-solve".

I know a lot of single women- it seems society really puts a big emphasis on how much women want a man. I'm not so sure this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    My best guy friend is an ENTJ, and I frequently want to punch him in the face.
    A lot of mentions of TJs! I'm with Steph on this one though. While a little antagonism is fine in friendships, I prefer more... comfortable romantic relationships. *shrug* I don't think I've formed very set dating criteria at any rate, but I probably want an E just because being with *my* introverted self is exhausting enough.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I wouldn't rule out a fellow ISTP or ESTP but it's really difficult for the emotional dynamic to not end up with this sort of outcome:

Lol, yes!

[youtube=DmEIDXDweqs]xSTPs Chick & Husband[/youtube]
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I know a lot of single women- it seems society really puts a big emphasis on how much women want a man. I'm not so sure this is true.
    It's the same as with men. Some are skirt chasers and others aren't. Some can't seem to talk about anything or do anything besides trying to find that perfect someone for them, while others would prefer to do their own thing and have their own interests, and if they bump into someone along the way, then yay! the merrier.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    *Launch a bomb on Aleksei & Slippy*

ME!

I think all of you have missed the message.

She said there were three ISTP women who were single.

There's enough for everyone