User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrated ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by arghh View Post
    Early in my career I was a data analyst who helped clients in crisis situations, I was a junior staff who was in love with what he did. As I progressed further in my career, the role developed into being a team leader and eventual project/program manager. In what seems like the blink of an eye, I became an IT Director leading a team of 20 individuals, making good money. BUT I have realized I am miserable doing what I do today. WHY? Because the thrill of the crisis and challenge is not there, I now have to manage teams, develop strategic plans and budget/forecast constantly... I guess could have stayed as a data analyst making 1/4 of what I do now...

I am sure I am not the only ESTP who has experienced the pain of sitting behind a desk from 8-6.. And I know that it is slowly killing me... But I am stuck and frustrated as I have no idea how I can find something that fits my personality and passions. Looking up careers for ESTP's gives me options such as stockbroker / emt / etc but in reality, as I am in my late 30's, starting from scratch is out of the question as I could not suffer the pay cut as I am the breadwinner in my family.

I am sure I am not alone, and I just needed to see if anyone else was in this same rut and managed a way out.

btw, I love this line I saw in a post in this forums for SP

That's why we are artisans not artists, acquaintances not friends, jack of all trades not masters of one, one-line comics not novelists.

So so so true, but what can we do with that...
    I can relate so much to that its not funny...I dont like others knowing what I know because then I get pulled in certain directions and things can end up as work instead of fun.

I miss my previous job where I was title project support. I basically created one-off programs for all these different groups within the company. They were mostly tracking/flow management software customized to handle the needs of that area. Very fast paced which made it a very agile style of rolling out upgrades to functionality the second they were finished.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    ok, what is it with SP's and three... ?

Do other types do that as much in writing? "..."
    No, I'm notorious for that ... it must be a P thing.

To the OP, you gotta get outta there. Sitting will kill you!

You sitting down? Experts say it’ll kill you - Health - Fitness -

And until then, get a treadmill desk. All the fatties in the world have yielded such amazing inventions!

Trust me, I sympathize. I majored in ACCOUNTING for P's sake. It's like the Unforgiveable Sin that will banish me to Chair Hell.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    Lawful Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    ... Dentist.
    WTF!? Seriously?

Wait, the draw isn't the fact that it has the highest suicide rate, is it?

Being an entrepreneur I can understand, particularly since there seemed to be a sort of boom in the tech industry. Pitching angel investors is so ESTPland.
    Check out my blog:

I thought Psychologists had the highest suicide rate.

Dentists are HAPPY