User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your general reaction to specified behavior?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • It usually interests me.

12 60.00%
  • I usually don't care.

3 15.00%
  • I generally dislike it.

4 20.00%
  • I seem to have a general intense dislike towards it.

1 5.00%
First 12345 Last

sammy

I don't think my Ne is annoying to my SP. We often come up with tons of ideas that may seem a bit far-fetched and random to others, but they are totally implementable, and realistic if you work to make it happen (one day).

I love the motivational poster, Steph.

MBTI
    ENTP

Cool

I agree with that ENFP. Hasn't things that were previously considered impossible or illogical come to be? Do you think cavemen would think of cellphones and their use as logical? No. What we can imagine in our minds is a reflection of what could be. Our imagination is just a process of running through the possibilities. If i imagine walking through walls as a solution to getting out of jail. I know it is impractical, but impossible, i dare not say. Furthermore, i can take that idea and remove the bricks from the wall piece by piece. In that sense i would be walking through walls,,,,, only in a practically modified sense of the concept.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I told you why, but I'll elaborate. It's not conceptual or abstract, for one.
    How? It's an idea fo gawds' sake. A possibility to be specific. Theoretically, X = idea, Idea = abstract, x = abstract.

Abstract: existing only in the mind

It's very specific and considering a very concrete possibility, albeit an unlikely one. It's not imaginative - there's really nothing fanciful about it. It seems very action-oriented in what it is considering, very immediate. What would you do RIGHT NOW.
    Ne doesn't have to be fuggin' "imaginative"[it seems you've made it into a relative word]. Theories don't have to be about "red tailed ponies" or wacky Fred coming in to play in your "imaginative fantasy".

Basically, Ne does not simply equal "what if", especially not in the dom or aux position.

Ne entertains all "what ifs".

And Fug, Logical Fallacy. Having "superior" Dom Ne or Aux Ne" doesn't directly mean having free ticket to "good" "imagination".

Hierarchy defines preference not ability. Thus, it defines tendencies not actualities.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreezingFire View Post
    I agree with that ENFP. Hasn't things that were previously considered impossible or illogical come to be? Do you think cavemen would think of cellphones and their use as logical? No. What we can imagine in our minds is a reflection of what could be. Our imagination is just a process of running through the possibilities. If i imagine walking through walls as a solution to getting out of jail. I know it is impractical, but impossible, i dare not say. Furthermore, i can take that idea and remove the bricks from the wall piece by piece. In that sense i would be walking through walls,,,,, only in a practically modified sense of the concept.
    And Fug, you. That's why it's called "seemingly". This thread isn't for your rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    How about this as an example? It's not the most original but still in my opinion a fascinating little thought exercise.

What if the universe and all that was in it was created last Thursday? We were created our memories, hopes and dreams in place, and the light from stars a billion light years away in just the right place on its way here. The creator is probably a prankster who created us to amuse itself (for about a week, one supposes). Enjoy today... Wednesday... since it is the last day of the universe. A new universe will be created tomorrow.
    I'd say we should go out and do fight crime then! Like maybe get into a highspeeed car chase, beat up some random thugs. We'd have nothing to lose.

Or maybe just write a movie script about that..about someone with nothing to lose. And where Morgan Freeman once again reprises his role as God - except this won't be tied to the Bruce Almighty franchise (but maybe it could).

I tend to agree with Aramis here. I don't hate on the Ne'ers because I'm so GD balanced. Sometimes I feel like an Ne'er too. peter pan. hmm....
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Although in reality I find Ne and Se so extremely different, they can present with a similar kind of excitability and openness to alternatives/activity that makes some kind of connection easy, imo.

How about this as an example? It's not the most original but still in my opinion a fascinating little thought exercise.

What if the universe and all that was in it was created last Thursday? We were created our memories, hopes and dreams in place, and the light from stars a billion light years away in just the right place on its way here. The creator is probably a prankster who created us to amuse itself (for about a week, one supposes). Enjoy today... Wednesday... since it is the last day of the universe. A new universe will be created tomorrow.
    Those kind of questions are not as much fun because there is no obvious need for tactics. If you added more about the prankster, he had a weak left knee from playing soccer with planets as a young god then we could see a weakness, a loophole, a way out. Something we could do, like Bruce Willis in Armageddon we too could have our moment of glory.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Those kind of questions are not as much fun because there is no obvious need for tactics. If you added more about the prankster, he had a weak left knee from playing soccer with planets as a young god then we could see a weakness, a loophole, a way out. Something we could do, like Bruce Willis in Armageddon we too could have our moment of glory.
    I don't really understand what you mean here. Those details about the supposed creator seem largely irrelevant to me. The point of the exercise is mainly to propose a mode of existence that entails no logical contradictions or impossibilities chiefly for its own sake. I find it to be an interesting idea in and of itself and it provides a few minutes of diversion for me as I "play around" with the possibilities and logistics that would entail. You seem to be suggesting, however, that some sort of action be taken upon this information.

A "mode of existence" is what I propose: Nothing to lose. Which is a scary thought to most if I drove it home like that. And if I believed it to be true, it would be more than a few minutes of diversion for you.

Or, make a story out of it.. or hey, a concept album (I suck at those, but a Ne could inspire me).

I don't really understand what you mean here. Those details about the supposed creator seem largely irrelevant to me. The point of the exercise is mainly to propose a mode of existence that entails no logical contradictions or impossibilities mainly for its own sake. I find it to be an interesting idea in and of itself and it provides a few minutes of diversion for me as I "play around" with the possibilities and logistics that would entail. You seem to be suggesting, however, that some sort of action be taken upon this information.
    Exactly. My mind instantly thinks about what I would do, what I can do. Even if I just play with the idea it would typically be how to twist it for a laugh. My mind is just focused on twisting it for fun for me and the other person, looking for a reaction. Not the idea itself.

Always the need to build from it.