User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 146

  1. #81
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    What you say is funny because the first time I took MBTI test, I got EsTP. But ESTP are describe as constant go-getter, wich is not really me.
    At the same time, constant action is what what make me the most feel alive... But there's tons of peoples who try to control me (including my parents) and that disperses my energy a lot. In other case, it would probably be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I need to move to feel alive... and to taste things and touch things and experience things... but yeah, I'm not really much of a go getter

    fortunatly, nobody really tries to control me, I'm just not fully convinced that I'm particularly suited for modern society in a way
    I see the similarities between ESTJ and ESTP but ESTJ agrees with a lot of society conventions (moreso than ESTP) and that makes ESTJ question the conventions less and just do it. I think you're more likely to see an ESTP rebel than an ESTJ rebel.

    Actually, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. That just sounded really good. lol

    Hey! I am noticing more and more SPs who sometimes enjoy traditions. It's nice to see.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I do find it interesting that ESTPs seem to be less hated than ESFPs.
    Me too. Hmmm....

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    There's no straight answer since ISFjs have Fi and Se, while ISFp has Fe and Si.. and Fi/Fe, Si/Se are defined slightly different (same could be said for other functions). One thing tho is there is a lot more take-charge/less chill nature with Se types (ISFj, ISTj), and a more laid back nature/comfort oriented nature with Si (ISFp, ISTp). Nobody knows how to relax (and encourage others to) like an ISTP or ISFP -even when they're doing something. Lots of awareness for physical states, stuff like that.

    Another thing is just looking at duals and semi duals. ISxp's think ENxps are awesome in the same way INxp thinks ESxp is. ISxj has ENxj as duals/semi-duals.
    So confusing...lol

  2. #82
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I see the similarities between ESTJ and ESTP but ESTJ agrees with a lot of society conventions (moreso than ESTP) and that makes ESTJ question the conventions less and just do it. I think you're more likely to see an ESTP rebel than an ESTJ rebel.

    Actually, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. That just sounded really good. lol

    Hey! I am noticing more and more SPs who sometimes enjoy traditions. It's nice to see.
    Funny... my best friend is an ESTJ and we have quite a few things in common (same sort of family relations, same sort of pragmatism on things and the same morbid sense of humor) but she's definitley more driven than I am and is a lot better at playing by society's rules than I am

    And then we have other ESTPs on the site who always want the best of everything and aspire to get that.

    Somehow I occasionally wonder if I'm the disfunctional model who needs shipped back to the shop because I have simple tastes, tend to be happy with what I have, as long as those simple tastes are satisfied (good sex? nice bed? somewhere to play outside? tasty food? ability to get from point A to point B? I'm happy! )... If The Man (note the caps!) would just leave me alone I'd be as happy as a pig in the mud! I just feel a bit cramped by the demands of society, the legal system and the way that everything is so structured and I feel more NATURAL fighting it than playing with it

    Not to say that I don't have my own sense of values (loyalty, freedom, fun...) that I stick to, I just feel like things are overstructured in a way anymore and I want to run away
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    What?. Socionics is mainly different on introverts not extroverts. The reason being Socionics is much more in depth about character than the behavior of a person. MBTI focuses on behaviour thus it is much more easy to figure out your type through the tests. Socionics has a different idea of the functions. The primary is more of a "who you are" function and creative is a "what you do" function. For example the ISTP ego function is Si and strong function Te. Te in socionics is about utilizing your environment through maximum efficiency, performing and collecting on the fly, like Magiver. In MBTI Te is about organizing stored data and this can also be looked at utilizing resources through maximum efficiency!. This is where the problem lies between the two, both have different perspectives on the definitions.
    In socionics Te is more related to Se and living in the moment. Te in MBTI is more related to Si and past concrete detail.

    You hit it dead on with MBTI being about behaviour and Socionics about character which means it has focus...the same thing can mean something else simply because the path is different. The end goal of character or behaviour defines the path and everything along the path. It shows what the people who developed MBTI or socionics actually sees, what they care about, what matters to them. Behaviour only partially matters to me so I only pull so much out of MBTI. People on here "look" different not concretely but Se wise. They give off a different impression and some of it is socionics, some of it is MBTI dfferences, some of it is enneagram type stackings. All these different things combined makes up what I see. Other people are blind to it because they dismiss whats wrong...they dismiss half the picture. This is what stand out the most in regard to the Sx/Sp stacking. But this doesnt seem to follow the standard MBTI behaviour definition. All these things arent tools to me, but methods to use to understand different things that I noticed the but couldnt seperate it on my own into all these different systems because in my head its all one big system that is a combination of all of these.

    I have no enemies...it doesnt mean people dont like me...but I have no enemies. I have never created a category called enemies nor filled it with people.
    Im out, its been fun

  4. #84
    Cat Wench ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Best to be grateful for good people of any type! And yeah, I think good ESTPs and ESFPs are fun and helpful to have around! Mind you, I do think ESFPs have an exceptional amount of potential to be annoying. But there are worse things than "annoying".

    ESFPs, ESFJs and ESTJs seem to get the worst rap on this forum, I'd say.
    I've known a couple super unhealthy esfps.

    I believe that biases my viewpoint. I haven't met a healthy ESFP to my knowledge YET.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    hmm...wonder if the differences you're noticing whatever, can be explored by comparing ennegram

    i.e. I'm a 9w8 ISTP, and have been able to account for differences in the STP spectrum by comparing ennegram with others.

    My own taste in life are very simple. Don't want a lot. But want for what I do have to be as nice as it can be. Where I know other ISTP's who are more geared toward material accumulation. With themselves it's with regard to their toys and maintenance of those toys, or providing for a family vs. being truly materialistic. In some ways it's almost a lament, even though they're very good at providing and accumulating.

  6. #86
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    We xSTPs are happy, artistic, inventive, and resourceful people with a natural tenacity to overcome significant obstacles with nerves of steel, while still adhering to our own understanding of the greater good.

    Don't try to restrict our freedom, that's one issue with us.

    But that is a small price to pay for all the good we do.

    The bringers of joy, the life of the party, the "idea person" that saves the day when all else have given up. These are roles we play well, and are very hard to hate.

    And if anyone does hate us, then guess what?

    "Sour grapes much, BeeYatch?"

    Hail to the xSTPs!!!

    The reason why the day needs to be saved is often because some STP is robbing some poor old lady or hitting some kid for his lunch money.

    I'm mostly kidding, but you make STPs sound like heroes compared to the pussies that are other types.

  7. #87
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    hmm...wonder if the differences you're noticing whatever, can be explored by comparing ennegram

    i.e. I'm a 9w8 ISTP, and have been able to account for differences in the STP spectrum by comparing ennegram with others.

    My own taste in life are very simple. Don't want a lot. But want for what I do have to be as nice as it can be. Where I know other ISTP's who are more geared toward material accumulation. With themselves it's with regard to their toys and maintenance of those toys, or providing for a family vs. being truly materialistic. In some ways it's almost a lament, even though they're very good at providing and accumulating.
    yeah, I'm starting to wonder if I'm aging from a 7w8 to an 9w8 instead, because the older and more settled I get, the more content with what I have I become, and the less I want to party
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #88
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    My own taste in life are very simple. Don't want a lot. .
    Actual proof that I'm not a 9!

    I'm completely a "I want everything" person.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #89
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    What?. Socionics is mainly different on introverts not extroverts. The reason being Socionics is much more in depth about character than the behavior of a person. MBTI focuses on behaviour thus it is much more easy to figure out your type through the tests. Socionics has a different idea of the functions. The primary is more of a "who you are" function and creative is a "what you do" function. For example the ISTP ego function is Si and strong function Te. Te in socionics is about utilizing your environment through maximum efficiency, performing and collecting on the fly, like Magiver. In MBTI Te is about organizing stored data and this can also be looked at utilizing resources through maximum efficiency!. This is where the problem lies between the two, both have different perspectives on the definitions.
    Exactly -- They define everything in a different way, therefore the types themselves are different. I'm not making this shit up by the way, a lot of types are unlikely to match for Socionics and MBTI. Exhibit A:



    ESTP is the most mismatched type between systems. ESTPs are actually more likely to score ENFp or ENFj, than actually score ESTp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Exactly -- They define everything in a different way, therefore the types themselves are different. I'm not making this shit up by the way, a lot of types are unlikely to match for Socionics and MBTI. Exhibit A:



    ESTP is the most mismatched type between systems. ESTPs are actually more likely to score ENFp or ENFj, than actually score ESTp.
    My ENFJ wife is a mentor to everyone, but she is going back to school to be a phsycologist. The 2 go hand in hand really. The ENFPs I know IRL more learn phsycology things from life and would go to school to learn things that they can mentor about. Coincidence? Its funny how perception can play out.
    Im out, its been fun

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] The Official Nobody Hates ISFPs Thread
    By Jeffster in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 12:51 PM
  2. The official "Victor needs to post more" thread.
    By nozflubber in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 07:27 AM
  3. [MBTItm] The Official: If You Were An NF For A Day........
    By Lasting_Pain in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 11:34 PM
  4. The official 'What you got for Christmas' thread
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 11:54 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Analysis: The "Hate an NF" threads
    By proteanmix in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO