User Tag List

First 678910 Last

In the socionics sense, they both have a scene chewing, enterprising behavior about them, and are not all that different. ESTp is a bit more of an asskicker, and ESFp is a player.

MBTI esfps get an insanely bad rap though. It's like the placeholder type for anyone stupid. Bad mistake. I'll be honest in saying probably most of the people I've ever fought were one or the other, the bad ones screw with mine and everyone else's fun.. but I'd never call ESFp stupid per se. I'm also grateful for the good ones (ESTP or ESFP).

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    In the socionics sense, they both have a scene chewing, enterprising behavior about them, and are not all that different. ESTp is a bit more of an asskicker, and ESFp is a player.

MBTI esfps get an insanely bad rap though. It's like the placeholder type for anyone stupid. Bad mistake. I'll be honest in saying probably the only people I've ever fought were one or the other, the bad ones screw with mine and everyone else's fun.. but I'd never call ESFp stupid per se. I'm also grateful for the good ones (ESTP or ESFP).
    Best to be grateful for good people of any type! And yeah, I think good ESTPs and ESFPs are fun and helpful to have around! Mind you, I do think ESFPs have an exceptional amount of potential to be annoying. But there are worse things than "annoying".

ESFPs, ESFJs and ESTJs seem to get the worst rap on this forum, I'd say.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I like ESFPs... but then again, I like almost everyone

the weird thing is that I know that I'm Se dom with Ti auxillary, but I'm not particularly driven, nor do I find enterprising to be particularly interesting... I just want a simple life and plenty of free time to enjoy really... which is apparently bad ESTP behavior according to all the descriptions and such

of course kicking deserving ass is fun as well... but that doesn't fall into the work category... that's recreation
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Best to be grateful for good people of any type! And yeah, I think good ESTPs and ESFPs are fun and helpful to have around! Mind you, I do think ESFPs have an exceptional amount of potential to be annoying. But there are worse things than "annoying".

ESFPs, ESFJs and ESTJs seem to get the worst rap on this forum, I'd say.
    Because there's almost no one here! And ESFJs and ESTJs are the ones with the baddest reputation because of the INxP mainstream.

the weird thing is that I know that I'm Se dom with Ti auxillary, but I'm not particularly driven, nor do I find enterprising to be particularly interesting... I just want a simple life and plenty of free time to enjoy really... which is apparently bad ESTP behavior according to all the descriptions and such
    What you say is funny because the first time I took MBTI test, I got EsTP. But ESTP are describe as constant go-getter, wich is not really me.
    At the same time, constant action is what what make me the most feel alive... But there's tons of peoples who try to control me (including my parents) and that disperses my energy a lot. In other case, it would probably be different.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I need to move to feel alive... and to taste things and touch things and experience things... but yeah, I'm not really much of a go getter

fortunatly, nobody really tries to control me, I'm just not fully convinced that I'm particularly suited for modern society in a way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Be careful with that. Socionics is a very different system from MBTI, and the equivalence isn't really very exact. Socionics ESTp is the most common type for MBTI ENTJs and INTJs, and very uncommon for actual ESTPs (those tend to be ESFp -- shockingly enough ESTPs are more likely to be ENFp or ENFj, than ESTp).
    What?. Socionics is mainly different on introverts not extroverts. The reason being Socionics is much more in depth about character than the behavior of a person. MBTI focuses on behaviour thus it is much more easy to figure out your type through the tests. Socionics has a different idea of the functions. The primary is more of a "who you are" function and creative is a "what you do" function. For example the ISTP ego function is Si and strong function Te. Te in socionics is about utilizing your environment through maximum efficiency, performing and collecting on the fly, like Magiver. In MBTI Te is about organizing stored data and this can also be looked at utilizing resources through maximum efficiency!. This is where the problem lies between the two, both have different perspectives on the definitions.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    What?. Socionics is mainly different on introverts not extroverts. The reason being Socionics is much more in depth about character than the behavior of a person. MBTI focuses on behaviour thus it is much more easy to figure out your type through the tests. Socionics has a different idea of the functions. The primary is more of a "who you are" function and creative is a "what you do" function. For example the ISTP ego function is Si and strong function Te. Te in socionics is about utilizing your environment through maximum efficiency, performing and collecting on the fly, like Magiver. In MBTI Te is about organizing stored data and this can also be looked at utilizing resources through maximum efficiency!. This is where the problem lies between the two, both have different perspectives on the definitions.
    Check out the TP on that dude.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Check out the TP on that dude.
    ? lol

P.S at least Slovakia didn't go very far

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Because there's almost no one here! And ESFJs and ESTJs are the ones with the baddest reputation because of the INxP mainstream.
    True! Except it's INxP AND INxJ.

Slight digression, but the biggest minorities of all on this site seem to be any type of ExxJ. Not really surprising, I guess...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    ? lol

P.S at least Slovakia didn't go very far
    yeah, I've been waiting to hear that for a whole damn week.