• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP's-INTP's

jixmixfix

Permabanned
[YOUTUBE="5zey8567bcg"]Typical ISTP Lumberjack Canadian[/YOUTUBE]

:D

hahahah I would never reach that level of enthusiasm unless they payed me killer to cut down trees. Even then cutting trees must suck. LOL.

B

brainheart

the INTP went to college, rebelled against the system and became a small farmer because he was tired of having to be a part of the system... then he got mad at the agribusiness industry and turned the farm into a nature preserve :rofl1:

An aside: this sounds exactly like something I would do. Actually, no: I would turn it into a nature preserve from the very beginning.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so...if someone wasn't quite sure if they were istp or intp but they were very introverted...very shy...would you guess intp?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so...if someone wasn't quite sure if they were istp or intp but they were very introverted...very shy...would you guess intp?
don't listen to these jokers, I'm very quiet and annoyingly shy and I am istp.

though, I'm not a completely withdrawn robot like a few people I've seen..

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
That INTP seemed quite a bit more introverted than I am.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

nope. it could go either way.

don't listen to these jokers, I'm very quiet and annoyingly shy and I am istp.

though, I'm not a completely withdrawn robot like a few people I've seen..

case in point.

heh i've seen that vid. didn't realize it was bamboo

And those skateboarders were probably a couple of moody isfps fyi :cool:

haha they were just moody teenagers.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
BTW, for what it's worth I was given the paper version of the EPQ-R and measured just about 50% Intro-Extro. Some other test pegged me more introverted.

KDude

I'd come off with the same kind of halfway E/I vibe as you did - except you can at least communicate. I mumble a bit and communicate indirectly through coolness cuteness.. mostly because I can't think of shit to say to cameras. :doh:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="_6Ur43QQACA"]Nother INTP example[/YOUTUBE]

One thing that stand out to me, with both INTP examples. Their eyes are a little "glassy" and not as intently focused on the immediate environment.

Where an ISTP gaze seems more intense. ???????

KDude

That guy above seems like a good contrast to bamboo, i think (whatever that means.. same energy.. or something. you just get a comparison on interests there... energy..lol, wtf am i talkin about)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dug out an old photo, one closer to the sample groups age.

To demonstrate the intensity of an ISTP "stare" in contrast.

1996q.jpg

KDude

That's you? Somehow, I've pictured you bearded with an orange fro. :cool: I think it because of that test where you scored a "Satyr" on something.

I think have an ISTP friend, but I always get his sardonic side.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Satyr? aka Goat boy?

[YOUTUBE="2qNtvYujWfo"]Satyr[/YOUTUBE]

:cool:

KDude

Michael Jordan has the stare. Heh (guy's mentally intense... and on a sidenote, if anyone wants to compare an isfp - look at kobe).

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Michael Jordan has the stare. Heh (guy's mentally intense... and on a sidenote, if anyone wants to compare an isfp - look at kobe).

That's a good example...sfp seems different from the INTP too.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I have noticed that Istp's in general use picture/videos to describe. Is this true away from the forum. Are you guys pretty good story tellers (imagery and such)?