• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP's-INTP's

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I want to hear from your perspectives the differences you notice between ISTP's and INTP's however slight.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my dad is an INTP and his brother is an ISTP... they're both in their 60s now and hang out all of the time :shock:

my dad is much more likely to actually sit down and read a scientific journal than my uncle, but both will read magazine articles on natural sciences quite happily and both are huge fans of NPR... my dad more for the news, my uncle more for car talk and wait wait don't tell me!

both enjoy working on cars, but my uncle is more likely to start in on it without looking at the auto manual and my dad is more likely to at least know where the manual IS :doh:

my uncle is a trivia junkie to the point of collecting books on random trivia... my dad is more likely to read an actual book... though he's the slowest reader on the planet because he tends to savor books.

my uncle's ideas of proper ways to entertain children included motorcycle rides, tubing behind his boat or a trip to the hands on science museum for kids... my dad was more likely to actually conduct scientific experiments with you, take you out at night with a telescope or take you to the adult museum...

the ISTP was an autoworker who never went to college, the INTP went to college, rebelled against the system and became a small farmer because he was tired of having to be a part of the system... then he got mad at the agribusiness industry and turned the farm into a nature preserve :rofl1:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[YOUTUBE="KjIXA2S0BeA"]INTP[/YOUTUBE]

vs.

[YOUTUBE="v216tHU7e5g"]ISTP - Bamboo![/YOUTUBE]

The difference is like day and night. :D

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
INTPs are more spacey and theoretical.
ISTPs are very sensual, very intense glaze and likes facts/details, not really elaborate explanations for something that could be simplified.

Se and Ne is like Night and Day.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

No reason to make a new thread for my next question. ESTP's versus ENTP's? Personal experiences perhaps, or empirical data?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The difference between INTP's/ISTP's, and also between ENTP's/ESTP's, IME, can *largely* (not completely) be reduced to the differences in Ne and Se. Compare and contrast Ne with Se, and you'll start seeing the differences between these types more easily when you interact with them.

I'm sure someone will blow up my theory and say it's something totally different than this but, again, this is just based on my own experience.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
for ESTP v ENTP... compare yourself to this :cheese:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Ai6ZG3kJc"]whatever talks about stupid stuff![/YOUTUBE]

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
here's another intp video just for contrast.
[youtube=mNsX2HfuNbA] . [/youtube]

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
for ESTP v ENTP... compare yourself to this :cheese:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Ai6ZG3kJc"]whatever talks about stupid stuff![/YOUTUBE]

SP's are just so funny, and so much fun :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think I'll ever seem sufficiently threatening and sinister to ANYONE who's seen that video... or to anyone in real life :sadbanana:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I'll ever seem sufficiently threatening and sinister to ANYONE who's seen that video... or to anyone in real life :sadbanana:

I think you should do a video in the midst of a "classic SP rage."

That'll show em! :devil:

*hides under table*

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
getting an STP angry isn't usually something that can easily be captured on video... unless you're filming them anyways... from my experience it involves getting angry quite quickly and getting over it just as quickly :laugh:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
*my youtube video*

The difference is like day and night. :D

I've apparently already made my appearance in this thread!?

Neat.

INTPs are a bit more cerebral. We are both driven to understand things and how they work. That said, the ISTP is more limited in this desire to things they encounter, or would like to encounter, while the INTP has a more universal approach.