User Tag List

12 Last

Default ESTPs & a self-fulfilling prophecy

Dear ESTPs and others, sorry this is a weirdly vague thread, but have you ever had the experience of a self fulfilling prophecy? What I mean is, has a perception of reality (that perhaps was incorrect) ever influenced your behavior so much that it ended up coming true? Have you ever known an ESTP that has had this sort of thing happen? The experiences can be positive or negative. I just would like to hear your stories. Please describe how you viewed/handled the situation as an ESTP.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

did you see my whining in the Random Thoughts Thread that nobody ever starts a thread on ESTPs?!

I'll have to think on that for a minute while I make some iced tea
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Yes, but also I recently observed something like this in an ESTP, so you motivated me to ask the forum.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I generally don't bother with the prophecy part, act like a dumbass and have something bad befall me... not thinking before acting is a bad thing

however, on many occasions I've been in a situation where I got to choose between the nice steady guy and the more "interesting" guy... only to be disappointed when the loose cannon behaved badly

or choosing to go into law enforcement so that I could chase down bad guys, only to chase down the guy who stole my purse in real life, break my kneecap in the process, and get kicked out of the law enforcement hiring process seriously, how fair is THAT?!

My IxxJ people tend to predict any possible outcome and prepare for it so that it won't be as horrible when it happens... I tend to giggle at them for taking time out from having fun to stress things, but then envy them when they're prepared when I'm not... ant and grasshopper syndrome....
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Dear ESTPs and others, sorry this is a weirdly vague thread, but have you ever had the experience of a self fulfilling prophecy? What I mean is, has a perception of reality (that perhaps was incorrect) ever influenced your behavior so much that it ended up coming true? Have you ever known an ESTP that has had this sort of thing happen? The experiences can be positive or negative. I just would like to hear your stories. Please describe how you viewed/handled the situation as an ESTP.
    Honestly, this is the default mode of my existence.

Outside of common everyday tasks, I am a being driven by vision.

My mind is constantly scheming, coming up with ideas, opportunities, projects, etc. for ideas as to "what I want to do."

Once I mull over something enough and decide I wish to achieve it, my mind shifts to a mode of "how do I make this happen?"

Then I mull it all over again, figure out what seems like a reasonable way to achieve my objective, and then do it.

I forge my reality in the short term, mid-range, and long term perspectives.

If external tasks or circumstances are introduced into my life, I figure out how to resolve them as quickly as possible in order to get on with my agenda again ASAP.

I dream and solve problems everyday, and that is the essence of my reality...

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

oh, but Halla! "Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    oh, but Halla! "Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon
    That is correct!

But who says that the "other plans" do not inevitably end up to your liking?

NO ONE!!!

As a matter of fact, the virtual shit storm that gets thrown your way could very well have put you on a new trajectory that is 10 times more bad ass and fulfilling than the one you were just on.

BUT - you will NEVER know, so either SEIZE THE DAY or hobble off and be BUTTHURT over it all. Right? :yim_rolling_on_the_
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

planning is something that happens to other people

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    planning is something that happens to other people
    I plan in real time as I'm moving around and doing stuff most of the time.

The lag between my brain plans and them coming to fruition is usually less than 2.764 nanoseconds.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:

Quotes:

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

lol... I usually act first and THEN think... it's not the most sensible approach