User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Well, I agree with Marm, that working things through is the mature thing to do. In absense of physical and/or emotional abuse...

I don't get the boyfriend? I mean where are his balls? Where are his brains?

Where is his own self-respect?

What about the girlfriend? Sounds like it's been a long time. Has she talked with and/or confronted him about how she feels? Or is she afraid to?

Why is that even a question.

There's a big difference between reasonably working something through. And spotting an unreasonable amount of dysfunction...

If I were the boyfriend? The situation wouldn't even exist. My girlfriend wouldn't be left to ask strangers how to handle such a scenario. Because it'd already been addressed.

The way I see it...the problem isn't with the ex- it's not with the sister, it's not with the family. It's with the boyfriend.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    i'd have to agree with you on this.
    Yeah, well don't forget that part of working through things does not include taking shit from your man's ex. You were not put on this Earth to put up with her shit. If you can summon a little courage, and get up in her face and call her out as to what a complete d-bag bee-yatch she is next time she "acts up" I guarantee two things will happen: (1) She will be totally shocked and STFU, and (2) She will respect you and most likely your future encounters with her will be alot more dealable, and less frequent, as she will move on. Trust me, there is but one way to deal with conflict, and that is head on. If you are in the right, which it appears you are, then you can engage with all weapons blasting and mow over her with almost zero chance for repercussions by your man, or others close to you. And if they don't like it? Read rule #1 "You are not here to take shit." Go kick some ass, sister! If you need any help writing a "riot act" speech let me know, I've had to dish them out a time or two and they are second nature to me at this point.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

A window to the soul

^I'm kinda agreeing with Halla's bold "all up in her face" approach... That's if I was hellbent on sticking around, then I'd have to tell her where she stands. Some women are manipulative, selfish, control freaks, that have absolutely no class and seem to feed off this type of drama BS.

EDIT: BTW, don't be shocked when Drama Queen suddenly plays the victim or claims she's innocent.

All of that does feel like something out of Jerry Springer. I have to clarify again, that I would never stick around for this type of fun and games in a relationship ever...

Let's look at this in the proper perspective. You should have no problems ditching this guy (no matter how wonderful he 'seems') for the very reason sLiPpY mentioned. The boyfriend clearly has no stones. Why hasn't he stepped up to the plate and put an end to the madness? After all, this is his ex! Ugh, run and don't look back!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    EDIT: BTW, don't be shocked when Drama Queen suddenly plays the victim or claims she's innocent.
    Yeah, my mom does that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Personally, when an invitation was given, I'd have to ask if the ex was going to be there and if she was, I'd just pass. I'd rather be at home reading a book or maybe removing my kidney with a spork than deal with that kind of crap.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Read rule #1 "You are not here to take shit." Go kick some ass, sister! If you need any help writing a "riot act" speech let me know, I've had to dish them out a time or two and they are second nature to me at this point.
    I'm going to have to try being confrontational if she starts any BS... it's not my nature, but apparently what I'm doing isn't working. One thing that is interesting to me is that she does most of this drama behind my back. When I'm around her, she's really weird and quiet and just stares at me. Then usually leaves a little while later b/c "she can't handle seeing us together." (That's something we find out later from the SIL.) But man does she talk shit to everyone else.

Another example: My bf and I were picking up the dogs recently and I was waiting in the car. When they came down the stairs, she was crying (trying to get sympathy from my bf about how the dogs no longer remember her)... well, as soon as she saw me, she dropped the stuff she was carrying and said, "I can't handle this." and ran back to her house. Apparently she didn't think I was there. My bf just laughed it off and didn't even think twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I don't get the boyfriend? I mean where are his balls? Where are his brains?

Where is his own self-respect?

What about the girlfriend? Sounds like it's been a long time. Has she talked with and/or confronted him about how she feels? Or is she afraid to?

The way I see it...the problem isn't with the ex- it's not with the sister, it's not with the family. It's with the boyfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Let's look at this in the proper perspective. You should have no problems ditching this guy (no matter how wonderful he 'seems') for the very reason sLiPpY mentioned. The boyfriend clearly has no stones. Why hasn't he stepped up to the plate and put an end to the madness? After all, this is his ex! Ugh, run and don't look back!
    We have discussed this a few times and I'm clear about how I feel regarding her bullshit. He told me when we got together that he knew b/c of the relationship his ex has with some of his family that she would be around for a while, so he learned to accept that and try to just get along. And quite honestly, he's oblivious to the "madness" b/c he just doesn't care. All he wants to do is keep the peace and I honestly don't think he sees how it annoys the shit out of me sometimes... typical intj.

And for the record, it's not just her that walks all over him... his whole family does. I've talked to him about it, but he won't budge on the issue. Him being the go-to guy is part of why i love him, but he doesn't realize that it causes more problems in the long run. He's a big boy... he'll figure it out on his own.

I hate drama so this is really stupid to me, but I'd leave if I felt threatened... and I don't.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Sounds like you've been very honest with yourself, no rose colored glasses there. Even without the ex- the family will continue to be an issue.

Reading your description, I suspect the ex- is a garden variety sociopath. Noticing the type of behavior that is just so ding dang weird. One almost wants to pinch themself...

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Sounds like you've been very honest with yourself, no rose colored glasses there. Even without the ex- the family will continue to be an issue.

Reading your description, I suspect the ex- is a garden variety sociopath. Noticing the type of behavior that is just so ding dang weird. One almost wants to pinch themself...
    tell me about it. :crazy:

and thank you for the input... it's so nice to discuss this stuff and get different perspectives.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    I'm going to have to try being confrontational if she starts any BS... it's not my nature, but apparently what I'm doing isn't working. One thing that is interesting to me is that she does most of this drama behind my back. When I'm around her, she's really weird and quiet and just stares at me. Then usually leaves a little while later b/c "she can't handle seeing us together." (That's something we find out later from the SIL.) But man does she talk shit to everyone else.
    Hmm, I didn't know that part. She seems to perceive you as being emotionally threatening and wielding a lot of power over her. If you come at her from out of nowhere, it might be too much, considering that she's hurting already.

If you've never approached her about this problem before, maybe you could try being tactful with her about it. If that doesn't work after awhile, then use more direct means.

I know all of this has been unfair and you've been through a lot already, but that's probably the mature thing to do.

Glycerine

Limiting contact w/ the SIL sounds like the best approach.