Thread: ISFP favorites

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Default ISFP favorites

I couldn't find a thread on this, but I'm sure someone will probably redirect me... anywho, I was curious of possible commonalities we as ISFP's may have in music or movies & the like. What are you attracted to in the movie or story or when listening to a piece? Or even extend it to books, poetry and artists. Since we process information in similar ways, would we have similar tastes? Or be in to different things, but still enjoy them for similar reasons. (Make sense?)
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I couldn't find a thread on this, but I'm sure someone will probably redirect me... anywho, I was curious of possible commonalities we as ISFP's may have in music or movies & the like. What are you attracted to in the movie or story or when listening to a piece? Or even extend it to books, poetry and artists. Since we process information in similar ways, would we have similar tastes? Or be in to different things, but still enjoy them for similar reasons. (Make sense?)
    I enjoy country and folk music: Alison Krauss (her voice is just beautiful), Don Williams, Dierks Bentley, Enya, Loreena McKennitt. I enjoy Billy Jacob (painter) and have several of his prints hanging on my wall. As for books, my all time favourite author is Tanith Lee (gothic writer) especially her flat earth series.

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

I like movies with great soundtracks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Movies:

Lord of the Rings
    Gladiator
    Braveheart
    Snatch
    Lock stock and two smoking barrels
    The original Starwars trilogy
    Star Treks
    Batman Begins and the Dark Knight
    The first Matrix
    American History X
    Predator
    Back to the Future trilogy
    The first Jurassic Park
    The Green Mile
    Jaws
    District 9
    The Castle
    Sunshine
    Silly Will Farrell/Seth Rogen type comedies

and more!

Music:

Rancid
    Floggin Molly
    The Clash
    Dropkick Murphys
    Pearl Jam
    Movie scores on youtube

and more!

Books:

Don't read much (though I'd like to) mostly nonfiction, historical stuff.

When it comes to why I like what I like, for movies I like stuff that is stirring, when an underdog overcomes great odds, those kind of themes and soundtrack is immensely important. It's the whole package, star wars/LOTR/jaws etc. wouldn't be half the movies they are without their epic soundtracks. I definitely lean towards aesthetics and emotion rather than plot (plot holes etc. don't frustrate me nearly as much as they do some people) or deeper meaning.

With music it's much the same I go for things that stirs up emotions and that sound good. I am less concerned about lyrics or symbolism/allegory etc.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

In movies/tv/stories, I'm attracted to comedy, hot women, mystery and suspense, random humor, satire, well-created characters.

I'm definitely a rhythm guy, so I notice the rhythm of music before anything else. But I also like good melodies, and I especially like many musical changes within a song, rather than the same constant structure throughout. Not that I can't enjoy the constants, but they're just not as compelling. Songs like "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" and "Band on the Run" by Paul McCartney are a couple of examples. I like lyrics that aren't too repetitive too. I go through phases though as to what music I find most compelling, sometimes it's completely different. Basically, I just like stuff that sounds cool.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Movies:

I like action. Revenge themes, existential themes, vigilante themes and feel good family movies on Sunday.

Music:

I like rock, metal and blues. Bass heavy, blues rock for the most part. I also like the children's band The Wiggles.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Movies:
    Star Trek
    Old silent movies, especially the ones with Charlie Chaplin
    The Secret of Roan Inish
    A Time for Drunken Horses
    Whale Rider
    Winged Migration
    Microcosmos
    Black Orpheus
    The Umbrellas of Cherbourgh
    The Bicycle Thief

Music:
    Loreena McKennitt
    Celtic Woman
    anything medieval
    anything with flutes and oboes
    classical guitars
    operas by Puccini and Menotti
    marimba bands
    jazz
    ragtime
    Shoenberg and atonal 20th century music
    Native American flutes

Books:
    folk tales
    novels, especially those by Isabel Allende, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, and Gunter Grass...
    I really love magic realism
    nonfiction, especially biography and memoir
    anything with lots of pictures and a lively "I can feel it right now" writing style
    poetry (especially Edgar Allen Poe, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, etc.)

Art:
    I like most art, from caveman art to current abstractions. I especially like impressionism and surrealism, especially the art of Monet, Manet, and Salvador Dali. I'm not as crazy about photo realism, though, because I don't really care for a painting to look like a photograph. I like to see the brush strokes and to know that the painting is not a representation of the world, but an interpretation.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Seems like good soundtracks are a commonality. I'm definitely the same, and tend to always look up the music or download a soundtrack to a good movie. And I too feel that a movie just isn't the same without the soundtrack to back it up. I'm a fan of good epic movies like LOTR and will only watch the extended versions, though no one else I know can stand to watch it with me. I love, love, love Harry Potter. Matrix is another favorite, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Amelie, American Beauty, Fight Club and one of my favorite guilty pleasures is 10 Things I Hate About You. I'm with Quinlin, I enjoy movies that can make the hair on my arm stand or that choke me up a bit. Ha. I love great acting, and emotional depth, and some sort of meaning that I can feel resonate deep inside of me. Other great movie examples of what I mean are Adaptation and The Fountain. I always value great aesthetics in a film, also.

With music, my taste are a bit everywhere. However, I'd say I'm mostly a fan of indie rock, prog rock, freak folk and trip hop. Lately, I listen to a lot of Animal Collective, Telepopmusik, icelandic band mum, sigur ros, mogwai, akron/family, andrew bird, cat power, and newly discovered Sleigh Bells. I like music that either moves me or makes me move. I like music that is either beautiful and melodic or a bit radical, different and interesting.

I don't know literature enough to say what I like or don't like. I pretty much enjoy everything I read, and each new book in my hands is my new favorite. Ha! I suppose I enjoy books, fictional or nonfictional, as I feel it always has the ability of broadening my mind.

Oh, and I'm the same as you walking tourist, when it comes to art. I absolutely adore artwork where the brushstrokes are visible. Other things that captivate me are lines in drawings, shadows, textures or particular color choices. Subject matter itself isn't always of great importance in artwork, it's more in how the art was created. Although, I do appreciate surrealism and symbolic artwork, but less as a piece of art and more for the meaning behind.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green