User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 16 of 16

  1. #11
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    I've been thinking about this dynamic alot. How I don't really trust my "feelings". I can feel a certain way but understand rationally I may have no real reason to feel that way. Like perceiving a slight were none was intended just because it felt that way or I think someone "should" act in XYZ manner.

    Conversely I am wary of letting a feeling lead to engendering a thought that may or may not be true, but I feel that way so I act that way and make it true i.e. Othello when Iago played on his jealousy, or King Lear deciding his estate.

    Yet if I think something I find valid, I can feel a way about the idea. If that makes any sense. I can be passionate about defending a good idea. I believe any notion that can't withstand scrutiny isn't worth holding.

    Thoughts?
    You sound like a perfectly normal logical thinker. The older I get the more I don't try to ignore feeling things like I used too. However, a feeling is still filtered through logic before I decide to or how react to it. I no longer use that filter to deem a feeling valid for consideration. If I'm feeling it - it's considered. That might sound like a small discrepancy but it was a big lesson for me to learn.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  2. #12
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    You sound like a perfectly normal logical thinker. The older I get the more I don't try to ignore feeling things like I used too. However, a feeling is still filtered through logic before I decide to or how react to it. I no longer use that filter to deem a feeling valid for consideration. If I'm feeling it - it's considered. That might sound like a small discrepancy but it was a big lesson for me to learn.
    Haven't quite reached that point. I'm still @ "I'm feeling it. Why?! It makes no sense!"
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  3. #13
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,537

    Default

    It might help to think of feelings as what they are - nonsensical. There's a bit of freedom in that line of thinking because you can let it ride. I mean, things are what they are, you know? Can't change the nature of it so it's easier to accept it.

    I still don't react to most of what I feel. Most of it simply is passing emotions. I can let a lot of things go but sometimes I get this "enough is enough" mode and let someone have it but at that point I figure something along these lines: "I've been very patient with your BS - have already warned you about it - now you're gonna get my :steam: without any remorse from me." I don't know if you're like that or not but I think that's why a lot of IxTP's can "blow up" suddenly. Er...or it just looks 'suddenly'.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  4. #14
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    I waver between keeping controlled and completely cracking occasionally

    When I was younger I had complete control over any reaction that I had to anything... and could play it perfectly. I don't think that aging suits me well
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  5. #15
    Senior Member countrygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    It might help to think of feelings as what they are - nonsensical. There's a bit of freedom in that line of thinking because you can let it ride. I mean, things are what they are, you know? Can't change the nature of it so it's easier to accept it.....
    Wise words indeed. Same goes for our thoughts as well.

  6. #16
    Senior Member countrygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Haven't quite reached that point. I'm still @ "I'm feeling it. Why?! It makes no sense!"
    Because there is some sort of payoff for you to believe what you feel or think.

Similar Threads

  1. High T and emotions of other people.
    By Virtual ghost in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 08:12 PM
  2. [NF] NFs(maybe SFs too?) and "emotional absorption"
    By Dwigie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 10:25 PM
  3. [MBTItm] About Intuitive-Feeling and Prediction
    By Nadir in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 02:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO