• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Question again for ISTP's

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I added a thread here about the personality types of the show American Chopper and about the personality types of Paul Jr and Paul Sr.

I think Paul Jr might be ISTP. What do you ISTP's think?

Another question: Do you ISTP's see yourself as pedantic?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I have thought about whether one or the other were ISTP. I think that Paul Sr. may be, however I would say that Paul Jr. is most likely INTP/J and Paul Sr. ISFJ. Paul Jr. thrives on creativity, which could make him ISTP, however bringing abstract thoughts to realization could be INTJ. Paul Sr. seems very community oriented. He could be ESTP or ISTP, but I would not overlook ESJ or ISJ.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I have thought about whether one or the other were ISTP. I think that Paul Sr. may be, however I would say that Paul Jr. is most likely INTP/J and Paul Sr. ISFJ. Paul Jr. thrives on creativity, which could make him ISTP, however bringing abstract thoughts to realization could be INTJ. Paul Sr. seems very community oriented. He could be ESTP or ISTP, but I would not overlook ESJ or ISJ.

I thought Paul Jr as ISTP becaus of the his cool reserveness, creativity and he is really artisan. He could be INTP too but not INTJ. He is messy and I think he is very physical so I would think more ISTP. I would say he is definitely P.

Paul Sr would be definite J because of his need to organize the place all of the time. I don't see any F in him and ESTJ's can be very community oriented too. The younger brother is (Mike?) is definitely F.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Who cares what type they are, just watch the show.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Two problems I see is the same I have read for years. J/P does not define cleanliness and feeling types can appear just as gruff as thinking types. Paul Sr. takes the human factor into play in almost anything that he does. He also enjoys giving back to the community.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
paul sr: esxj not sure on t/f ... could just be a mix. i had a male esfj boss who was almost exactly like paul sr except the esfj smiled more.

paul jr: istp w/o a doubt.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Funny how everybody sees F in Paul Sr. I don't still see it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
F can be a "latent" trait, even when dominant. I've met some pretty flinty INFJs who masquerade as Ts in their manner and speech, but underneath you see intense flickers of heat, like the volcano has a cap on it. Conversely, my INTJ best friend is cool-headed and does not express the same F-fire, even when impassioned about something. I frequently sound like a T when I talk, but when you set me next to my INTJ or ENTJ best friends, it becomes very clear where I draw my energy from (and it's not objective logic at all).

I took Sr. to be an ESTJ/P. Jr. is a little more puzzling, as he's always feinting and dodging his father. An ISxx, at any rate.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
It seems that the entire disbelief that Paul Sr. is or could be a feeling type seems to be based on more of the same stereotypes by readers that F types are all warm and fuzzy and T types are cold and hard. I would say that Fe dominant types would trump Ne dominant types as appearing hard because Fe is a rational function and Ne perceiving.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An astute observation, "?". Fe can very frequently appear hard.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I added a thread here about the personality types of the show American Chopper and about the personality types of Paul Jr and Paul Sr.

Also, keep in mind that there is some limited understanding that because ISTPs are good with tools they must refer to conventional. However the dictionary defines a tool as, "Something regarded as necessary to the carrying out of one's occupation or profession: Words are the tools of our trade."

Again I have no mechanical inclinations, however people tell me that I am very good at writing.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP

pedantic is only how intuition types experience thier own sensing.