User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Default Are all of you SPs good with your hands and have mechanical skills?

I don't mean "good with your hands" in THAT way... keep that mind of yours in PG for now.

Anyway, this is the only reason I know I'm an ENTP and not ESTP. (Of course, I know Ns that kick ass at building/fixing things, and Ss that suck ass at it. But let's generalize for the sake of simplicity.)

I'm completely USELESS with my hands. I don't know any of the different components and parts/functions/arrangements of car engines. I've never built a model airplane. I even suck on those IQ test things where you have to fill in the pattern diagrams. :steam:

It's not necessarily just because I'm female. My ISTP chick friend can fly a plane. My INFP male friend, however, is worse than I am. He barely knows what to do with a set of Legos. Have him screw a lightbulb, and he just sits there gawking at the lightbulb like he wants to cry. My INFP father is the same way.

I didn't grow up with anyone who was good at that kind of thing. Were you SPs taught about mechanical things, or were you just BORN knowing how to change a tire?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I'm Ok with my hands in the sense that I can draw more than just stick figures and can cast a fishing rod well but not in a mechanical repairing and maintaining things sense. I have never been interested in how machines work, only what they can do.

My mind doesn't work in that systematic kind of way, I definitely think its a Ti thing.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    My mind doesn't work in that systematic kind of way, I definitely think its a Ti thing.
    +1!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I'm pretty sucky at mechanical, hands-on kind of stuff. Maybe slightly better than average, but definitely don't excel at it. I'm more technical, problem-solving oriented. This definitely varies between the ISTPs I've met, at least. I've never met any mechanical-type ESTPs or SFPs in person, but I've heard about a few from others
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

I'm good with my hands. I value being good with my hands really highly. I think that is interesting, sometimes people will say they aren't good at something because they value it so highly.

I do enjoy how machines work. I do have good mechanical skills in areas I am knowledgeable. I don't know if I am mechanically minded, I can be. I like how things work, I kind of build from that. But I think that is an alternative approach for my mind. To stop and build a framework of how something works in my mind.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I hear you. I figure out what I need to, and am very happy when I am able to pull it off, but I do not live and die by mechanical competency.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

My ISTP husband is mechanically inclined that it is his passion in life. It's his hobby and his job. However, it's the emergency problem-solving (fix it right there and now) that he enjoys the most.

When it comes to fixing/renovating the house, that's another story! :steam:

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I had some ISTP friends when I was younger and they seem naturally gifted in this area, one guy in particular had absolutely zero common sense but he was incredible when it came to mechanics.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm not good with my hands directly, not really interested in mechanical things so I never taught myself how to fix cars or whatnot, and was never taught. I tend to be better at the mental aspects of practical things.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I've never done much with machinery.
    But I'm good with my hands.
    I can draw and paint and crochet and do embroidery.
    My dad, who is hopeless with fixing or adjusting any kind of little machinery, always hands the stuff to me. He gives me the watches to adjust when we start or end daylight savings time. I adjust them. He says, "How did you do that?" I tell him. He has a blank look on his face after I tell him.
    I like taking stuff apart to see how it works. Now if only I could remember how to put it back together...
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.