User Tag List

First 5678 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Woah... you live in Seattle dude?

EDIT: Yeah, should have seen your listed location earlier... Man I love that city! Lived there for about 3 years.

Oh, and INTJs are power-hungry little bastards.
    Yep. Just moved here in October. Made quite a ruckus about it here, too, when I said I didn't have a job or a for-sure place to stay. But I'm living in high hog heaven now, hahaha. I have a badass job and can pretty much pay for anything I want.

And yeah, Seattle fuckin' rules. This vibe kills, man, and everyone here has a creative sense of style. If you're not a freak then you're the freak.

And, just because INTJs need power (not as much as ENTJs, though) doesn't mean they need attention. They need to actually have that power in their control, regardless of whether they're noticed for it or not. The INTJ I knew was clearly unmotivated by the desire to prove anything, he just wanted people to know certain facts so that their lives would take a turn for the better/more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think it's true too.. But it's like I just want to limit presence to action/skills/etc.. I can't sustain presence in terms of words. There were times, especially when younger, when I've jumped on top of tables and just got in the faces of everyone around me . But I feel like.. beside myself when doing it...and guilty (for some good reasons, but whatever). Definitely doesn't come natural to me.
    Yeah, definitely wasn't talking about just words. There's a sense of presence a person has just by existing. Like the hot chick that walks in the room and turns heads, or the artistically dressed person who gets looks from everyone, or the tough guy who makes people shuffle a little bit to make sure he's given room. All SPs have their own personal flair.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Yep. Just moved here in October. Made quite a ruckus about it here, too, when I said I didn't have a job or a for-sure place to stay. But I'm living in high hog heaven now, hahaha. I have a badass job and can pretty much pay for anything I want.
    Awesome man. What do you do for a living?

And yeah, Seattle fuckin' rules. This vibe kills, man, and everyone here has a creative sense of style. If you're not a freak then you're the freak.
    Hell yeah.

And, just because INTJs need power (not as much as ENTJs, though) doesn't mean they need attention. They need to actually have that power in their control, regardless of whether they're noticed for it or not. The INTJ I knew was clearly unmotivated by the desire to prove anything, he just wanted people to know certain facts so that their lives would take a turn for the better/more efficient.
    Yeah I see what you mean. I do have a borderline-extroverted INTJ friend who actually craves recognition for his achievements and talents though, so that probably colors my perspective on INTJs. He's likely a 3, unlike most INTJs (who are usually 1s, 5s or 8s).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

My dad's from Seattle so I've been there a lot. Cool city, shitty weather. Funniest homeless people ever. Better than New Orleans even.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

The Seattle weather is one of my favorite things about the city. It's never, ever hot (and I do so loathe hot weather).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Explain something to me (coz I seriously suck at this)

How do you enjoy having somethign that doesn't work, while it's supposed to work, eat up your time, when you should be doing something else and this stupid doesn't wanna cooperate?

I mean...aphrodite said her ISTP especially loves the 'it has to work right now, right here'-thing. I absolutely hate that. It means I have to spend time on something that is supposed to work, that is now seriously delaying me and eating my precious time and that I have no clue how to fix. It takes me all in all 2 seconds to get completely pissed off and ready to toss whatever it is out the window :steam:

If however,I have time and someone draws my attention to 'look, this is how it works', AND, it's useful to know how it works, I love tinkering. I'm not exactly good at it, but it's fun. But that rarely is the case. Unfortunately, scenario 1 is way more likely to occur
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

I'm not sure exactly what part of the thread you're referring to,but some broken things spark an interest in me because they'd be awesome if I can get them up and running. I don't mind the process.

If it's something unexpected, yeah, that's an inconvenience. I guess with practice tho, you begin to fix most things fairly quickly. thus keeping most of that precious time you're talking about But it's definitely a pain in the ass if you turns out more of a problem than you realize

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

if you ever want to see me actually concentrate on something and keep my attention on it for more than 10 minutes give me a problem to fix... fixing things is one of my favorite things to do... the thought that "I KNOW that if I play with it enough I'm going to know how it works and then I'll know how to fix it properly" is a challenge that's hard to turn down
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Explain something to me (coz I seriously suck at this)

How do you enjoy having somethign that doesn't work, while it's supposed to work, eat up your time, when you should be doing something else and this stupid doesn't wanna cooperate?

I mean...aphrodite said her ISTP especially loves the 'it has to work right now, right here'-thing. I absolutely hate that. It means I have to spend time on something that is supposed to work, that is now seriously delaying me and eating my precious time and that I have no clue how to fix. It takes me all in all 2 seconds to get completely pissed off and ready to toss whatever it is out the window :steam:

If however,I have time and someone draws my attention to 'look, this is how it works', AND, it's useful to know how it works, I love tinkering. I'm not exactly good at it, but it's fun. But that rarely is the case. Unfortunately, scenario 1 is way more likely to occur
    I can't understand it either. I'm with you. I'm either on a strict schedule, or I'm strictly having some fun. Don't like stuff to interfere with either one of those too much.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

It is nice when something is broken because the goal is is so clear, so cut and dry. It's a nice easy hit of satisfaction.

MBTI
    ISTP

- I'm a halfway competent machinist. I am as accurate as the equipment can be, I just don't do it often enough to get quick at it. (My welding skills are still a work in progress).

- I can drive anything you'll give me access to (or about 20 minutes alone, for that matter), and drive it very well, including on the edge of it's control if I desire.

- I'm decent at carpentry. I'm not going to be making furniture, but I can definitely build a deck.

- I enjoy fixing anything that's broken.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%