First 456

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I honestly dont get this whole feeling thing that ISTPs on here talk about. I have never let my feelings really decide anything in my life. They just kinda sit in the background doing their own thing. I just decide if I want to walk down that path and accept all the issues that are gonna arise. I did this with college, marriage, etc. Even when I considered just letting everything in my life go feelings played no role, but they were very present, it was a matter of do I want to face all the problems that life will throw at me if I let go of everything. I dont try to figure out if its worth it, but if I want to tackle the path. My use of the word "tackle" is the key. Honestly half the time I dont even use that as a judge of the path I am going, just that I will accept it. Its kinda confusing. Like 2 seperate worlds walking side by side.

Imagine yourself at a cross road looking down a single path and everything that stands along that path, the good, the bad, and the ugly and just asking yourself, do I want to go down that path? If I were to focus on my thoughts it would be what do I gain, how would it affect things in the long run, is it something that I want to tackle. Fear, excitement, happyness, determination, etc. dont ever play a role in long term things. I dont know how to fully explain it, I just decide and keep moving. When I got married, I wasnt "happy", but I was enjoying life and enjoying building it with the person I was with. I was working nights, going to school full-time, finding time to spend with people I wanted to and trying to get enough sleep. It was busy, chaotic, but I was enjoying it.
    I agree with this. How I feel or should feel plays no part in my decision making process. Why should it? Emotional states change depending on little circumstantial factors that I will never be able to predict or control, so I take them out of my calculations altogether. It's more like, "is the benefit worth all of the shit that I'll probably encounter if I do this?" If it is, then how I feel on the ground level is of little consequence. Of course I'll feel shitty on some days and good on others. But those feelings don't have anything to do with my overall decision.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I understand Poki's post but I'm not sure I'm that disconnected with my feelings. Feelings are fleeting and can be brushed off for the most part but with major decisions I get a strong sense of "this is right for me" or "this isn't going to work" I don't think about long term necessarily. I don't analyze it beyond those two questions. I don't think about can I take all the hardships? It just is and I deal with them as they come. I guess I answer that question when I answer "does this feel right to me?"
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I agree with this. How I feel or should feel plays no part in my decision making process. Why should it? Emotional states change depending on little circumstantial factors that I will never be able to predict or control, so I take them out of my calculations altogether. It's more like, "is the benefit worth all of the shit that I'll probably encounter if I do this?" If it is, then how I feel on the ground level is of little consequence. Of course I'll feel shitty on some days and good on others. But those feelings don't have anything to do with my overall decision.
    Im out, its been fun