12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

Default ISFP & INFP relationship

My husband's an ISFP and I'm an INFP. Yeah, we are a lot alike, but definitely some areas we are very different. I'm wondering if any others have had experience with this relationship combo- ISFP's don't *seem* to have a very large representation here...
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

YES!!!! and as long as the values are similar.. I do believe it is a match made in heaven. At least from my experience.

My ISFP partners(2) seemed to understand me in ways better than anyone. Their quirky weirdness and hot passion mixed with their soft and sensitive emotions made for some truly unique people.

The real issue was always that, being so much like myself in so many ways.. Things were too easy to predict and ultimately manipulate.
    Complacency was also an issue.. In that you find so much joy in being together that you begin to neglect everything else.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Talisyn View Post
    My husband's an ISFP and I'm an INFP. Yeah, we are a lot alike, but definitely some areas we are very different. I'm wondering if any others have had experience with this relationship combo- ISFP's don't *seem* to have a very large representation here...
    Oh man. My exboyfriend, the only love of my life (thus far, hopefully), of four years is an INFP, and I'm an ISFP. I could tell he was often very frustrated with me. I would tune out if he went on long winded conversations on thing's he's talked about many times before, then randomly and unknowingly cut him off and start talking about something completely different. He tended to be a bit more of a hermit, and though i value quiet and solitude, i also value adventure and want to go out into the world to explore. So, I often felt as though I was left to venture alone. But, the fact that we both valued solitude and independence, we were able to give one another plenty of space without feeling crowded. So there was a nice understanding in that department. We could each do our own thing. Both of us being introverted feelers, we could sympathize and comfort one another on a level unlike any other. So there was definitely a lot of emotional attachment to one another. We often felt as though we inspired each other. Me being a more quiet type and more insecure about opening up, he was able to coax me into sharing because he made me feel comfortable and unjudged. And when I went off into my playland of goofing off and being weird, he was able to keep up since he was empathetic and could tap into that energy in me, being just as silly and goofy. I'd say, I would definitely like to find another INFP love in the future. I've been with an ESFP and an ESFJ. Though they were fun, they often lacked the depth I felt inside or the empathy I sometimes felt I needed.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    My ISFP partners(2) seemed to understand me in ways better than anyone. Their quirky weirdness and hot passion mixed with their soft and sensitive emotions made for some truly unique people.
    yeah, yeah.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sounds nice. If only I could meet a nice one! *scans*
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

Dali

I can see how this would feel like such a deep, comfortable match but, ultimately, I need someone a little more removed from who I am. I don't want to feel like I'm dating my twin..

That said, we get along really well as friends. My closest friend and (she says) platonic soulmate is this beautiful (on the inside and the outside) INFP girl. I can read her like a book. We have an incredible dynamic and get along great as friends but I know I would (eventually) get antsy were we in an LTR.

My current s/o constantly keeps me guessing. It can be frustrating at times but, ultimately, the aura of mystery is intoxicating.

p.s. Usual disclaimer on everyone being an individual and congrats to the successful ISFP/INFP pairings.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    p.s. Usual disclaimer on everyone being an individual and congrats to the successful ISFP/INFP pairings.
    well... apparently, we couldn't make it work. so perhaps you are right. or it just depends on the particular isfp/infp relationship. good for some, bad for others.

Quote Originally Posted by paradox fox View Post
    Sounds nice. If only I could meet a nice one! *scans*
    wha??? us isfp's are nice!! ...unless you prove to us either untrustworthy or worthy of a duel. there are soooo sooo few people on my "hate" list. you've got to really cross your boundaries with me or my friends to make it to that list. i, in particular, am typically so welcoming to people. too welcoming. and even if i don't like you right off the bat, i typically allow redemption.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

hrmm... or perhaps you've misunderstood the isfp's. i know i've been known to come off as a bitch. but it's only because i'm shy and quiet with people i don't know too well. i take a lot of warming up before becoming comfortable with people. and i suppose because i may seem cold (quiet and shy) with one person, yet completely loud and full of energy while around another... some may perceive me as just being a bitch and not liking them. when in reality... it's not the case at all! and trying to play off my shyness with a cool demeanor, i suppose doesn't help the case.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    I can see how this would feel like such a deep, comfortable match but, ultimately, I need someone a little more removed from who I am. I don't want to feel like I'm dating my twin..

That said, we get along really well as friends. My closest friend and (she says) platonic soulmate is this beautiful (on the inside and the outside) INFP girl. I can read her like a book. We have an incredible dynamic and get along great as friends but I know I would (eventually) get antsy were we in an LTR.

My current s/o constantly keeps me guessing. It can be frustrating at times but, ultimately, the aura of mystery is intoxicating.

This(bold) is why I am not with my ISFPs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

The last ISFP I dated cheated on me. I'd date another though, as long as she can get through my new set of filters I've developed, like anyone else. It can be a rather comforting relationship in a lot of ways, but the rest I could say would likely just make them all mad.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]