123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default SPs and Openness to Experience

Openness to Experience on the five factor model of personality has usually been correlated with iNtuition on MBTI. It has especially been correlated with NPs, but some of the sub-traits on Openness could equally fit SPs in my mind.

Here are some of the sub-traits.

Openness to Experience: the active seeking and appreciation of experiences for their own sake

Fantasy: receptivity to the inner world of imagination

Aesthetics: appreciation of art and beauty

Feelings: openness to inner feelings and emotions

Actions: openness to new experiences on a practical level

Ideas: intellectual curiosity

Values: readiness to re-examine own values and those of authority figures

Openness to new experiences on a practical level especially seems to fit many SPs. So SPs, do you think you would score high on openness to new experience on the OCEAN test?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

openness has a 0.3 correlation to perceiving as well

keep in mind that perceiving is correlated to intuition
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

The only SPs who would be more reserved with new experiences are Fi dom/ISFP, but even then, we rely on direct experiences before thinking whether something is worth our time or not. Relatively speaking, ISFPs seem almost extroverted compared to INFP (we're not though... I know I can start clamping down just like an INFP once I know enough about certain experiences, or ones that resemble them).

Feelings: I explore the darkest corners of my soul!!! I should probably get a trophy for it.

Aesthetics: I'm open to any style/genre..even willing to give artists/directors/musicians I hadn't liked before another chance.. I tend to take individual works on their own. I'm not particularly against any form of expression.. it's bad execution that I don't like.

Intellectual curiosity.. I'm interested in many subjects, but I'm not interested in digging deep into many of them. Give me the cliffnotes version. Every few months however I get a new intellectual obsession, and I try to look extensively into it.

Fantasy: Not really. I like experiencing things directly. If I can't, I move on to experiencing another thing directly. Fantasy doesn't hold my attention for long. I like mulling over scenarios or thinking about what's important to me, but I wouldn't call that fantasy. Even a lot of my creative hobbies aren't imagined beforehand much. I pick up a guitar, and I start playing. If something comes out of it, cool. I identify the good idea,and tweak it a little more, incorporating ideas that could fit with it (I even have a lot of older unrelated riffs or something that I never used, and then finally see a use for them in putting into the new piece....almost as if they were orphans getting a new home or something). But I don't a have a big conceptual type of approach or anything.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Openness to Experience: the active seeking and appreciation of experiences for their own sake

ummm... yeah... I'm an experience junkie and feel dead if stuck in a routine

Fantasy: receptivity to the inner world of imagination

well, at least PART of my fantasy life is in good shape (ok... I also read fantasy books and pretend to be Madonna when left at home alone )

Aesthetics: appreciation of art and beauty

I used to spend every weekend at the art museum and botanical gardens... now I volunteer there...

Feelings: openness to inner feelings and emotions

I think that involves Fi!

Actions: openness to new experiences on a practical level

I have references on that one... hell yes!

Ideas: intellectual curiosity

I have been known to read encyclopedias and interview strangers for fun

Values: readiness to re-examine own values and those of authority figures

damn the man!!! :steam:

though I admit that certain values of mine can't be shaken, like loyalty... that might be about it

Openness to new experiences on a practical level especially seems to fit many SPs. So SPs, do you think you would score high on openness to new experience on the OCEAN test?

I DO score high on it! I think the only thing I score higher on is extroversion!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

dammit kdude... there's other types of fantasies and that's what I counted
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

^Well, I try not to fantasize too much romantically either. I'm actually kind of superstitious there. lol.. So what I do is: Call someone instead/get out there/do something. Or not...and do something else. I very much gravitate towards what's possible and what I can make reality.

I've measured high in openness in all the OCEAN tests I have done.

Ideas and aesthetics are strongest. With the other four about the same, strong but relatively weaker.

is there a link to a good test so i can check it out?

i just want to add that if there's any fantasy, it's mostly turned inward with me mostly. it's about me. eh, functionally speaking, i think there's a "Ni" thing going on.. i might dwell on tranformative possibilities or something.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    ^Well, I try not to fantasize too much romantically either. I'm actually kind of superstitious there. lol.. So what I do is: Call someone instead/get out there/do something. Or not...and do something else. I very much gravitate towards what's possible and what I can make reality.
    as opposed to me who has someone, but they spend plenty of time at work and I wouldn't want to cheat

it reminds me of when my two roommates and I were joking in college that the ENFJ was the superego, the ESTJ was the ego and I was the id

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    is there a link to a good test so i can check it out?

i just want to add that if there's any fantasy, it's mostly turned inward with me mostly. it's about me. eh, functionally speaking, i think there's a "Ni" thing going on.. i might dwell on tranformative possibilities or something.
    I did the one on Tickle but it is closed down now. There is one on similarminds but it is no good, it doesn't give a breakdown of each of the five. Try searching Big Five tests.