• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP...What are you feeling at this moment???

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Noooo!!! Now I sliced my finger w a knife while trying to make dinner :cry:

the man felt sorry for me and ordered dinner :blush:

KDude

sorry bout the wipeout. you are gonna ride again, right? ;)

i think i'm gonna buy a new bike. i have a mountain bike, but i want something simple.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i think i'm gonna buy a new bike. i have a mountain bike, but i want something simple.

yeah, i have a bike with no gears and no brakes. the old school, where you pedal backwards to brake. it's great, i love it.

KDude

i was thinking a cruiser... but one of the slick, bmx looking ones.

fit-bike-co-cr24-prk-2010-bmx-bike.jpg

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
yeah, that is cool. when i think cruiser i think beach cruiser style, real laid back:

P2040242.jpg

KDude

heh yeah, i like beach cruisers.. but i'd probably break it. i'm not badass, but i need something to jump around a bit.

KDude

i had a yellow kuwahara bmx as a kid. sorta of like below. that thing was pretty cool, it got stolen 3 times. third time was a charm. first time it got stolen, i won a bike contest, and later in the day, got pushed off and the kid and his friends took off! man, everyone was disappointed that i'd win..kind of bittersweet...like i was too much of a dork to win. not the "people's champ". i'm getting all depressed remembering now :laugh: i stalked him the whole day until we had a fight.. that i recall lasting ridiculously long. but i got my bike back.

IMG_4932.jpg

i saw another bike that was like a matte black, schwinn 10 speed.. err, except it had no gears. it just looked like a 10 speed.

i kind of want it. couldnt really jump, but it looks like a casual lightweight bike, only limited by natural speed limits.. or something. that appeals for some reason.

KDude

no bike for me. i bought a new guitar amp.. my guitars kind of piss me off though, so i'm not satsified yet.

KDude

I have a modded fender jazzmaster, which is cool (for single coil sounds at least), but if you've ever owned one, you'd be frustrated. they're badass, yet broken by design (the new ones may not be). i'm more frustrated that i don't have anything good with humbuckers atm.. i have a beater guitar with hb's, but something about the sound is very "tin" like.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Right on. I have a cheap Tele copy. I like it a lot -- very playable -- but there's some fret buzz on the high E string. I tend to process my sound a lot though, so it's hardly noticed.

Tinny HB? They usually sound warm don't they? Is the pickup in the neck or bridge position, or both?

KDude

tele's naturally buzz just a little (maybe not buzz, but snap), but you might just need to raise a saddle or something. my first decent guitar was a tele..wish i still had it!

I don't play the neck on that one guitar.. that sounds even worse. It's weird, since the pups are seymour duncans..not an off brand.. i've played the same kind of pickups in other guitars and they sound fine. i used to not pay much heed to wood, but maybe there's something to do with that

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Are you sure it's not wired single-ended, or has a lead broken?

HBs depend on the proper polarity of the leads since they use phase tricks to lower the hum. You might want to check the phase, and reverse the hot and ground on one of the coils to see if that fixes it.

And if I remember correctly, they'll play when they're single-ended (only one pickup of the pair is working) but they won't sound right.

Sounds like you probably know all this -- just a thought.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
tele's naturally buzz just a little (maybe not buzz, but snap), but you might just need to raise a saddle or something.

Yeah, that fixes it but it ends up so much higher than the other strings, and I like 'em all low and fast. :headphne:

KDude

cool.. i'm not sure how it's wired. i bought it cheap a yr ago just to toy around with (i suppose i got what i paid for). it was used, but maybe these were replacement pickups that someone put in. i'm a little familiar with replacing parts, but don't know anything about what you're pointing out. i'll read up on it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
headache... I've had one since mid afternoon and it refuses to leave no matter what I do :thelook: