User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ISFJ

Default Am I overreacting to an ESFP?

I am ISFJ (girl) and a friend of mine at work is an ESFP (guy). Lately this ESFP friend seem withdrawn and annoyed with me. I have been trying to understand why this is so. I might have said something to offend him, but when I try to recall and analyze our recent conversations, he was the one who was semi-snappish.

So this ESFP guys is very well liked at work, has tons of friends including females, very flirty etc. I really enjoy his company, but now I get the sense that he doesn't want to hang out anymore.

Anyway I am just wondering if an apology would make things better, or should I just try to avoid him (like my usual conflict resolution approach)?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

just ask him why he's being such a little bitch?

it works well for me to ask that anyways
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Give it some time and see how he acts overall. You don't know he is upset with you, just pay attention and see what happens.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

From my experience from fighting with ESFP's, just get away. If they are truly upset with you, usually the main goal is to get to your feelings. Don't let them.
    But that was only with females...I don't know if it's the same with guys.

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm with tawanda on this. Cranky chick ESFPs are bitches. From my experience with a female ESFP, let her cool down and if you give a shit, ask her wtf you did.

I'd just stay away. They're brats and drama whores. (Can you tell I just LOVE ESFPs? :rolli: )
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

It's a guy esfp whose being cranky and annoying. Maybe he ate something that didn't agree with him and he's taking it out on the world. Just ignore him for a while and don't let his attitude get to you. His behavior reflects on HIM, not on YOU. Don't let him make you believe that you are responsible for his feelings. The only one who is responsible for his feelings is him. He needs to get over himself and start acting human...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I'm with tawanda on this. Cranky chick ESFPs are bitches. From my experience with a female ESFP, let her cool down and if you give a shit, ask her wtf you did.

I'd just stay away. They're brats and drama whores. (Can you tell I just LOVE ESFPs? :rolli: )
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post

Rofl. I'm with you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I had a similar situation with a casual esfp female freind. I just gave up on trying to reconcile with her after about three weeks of trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    It's a guy esfp whose being cranky and annoying. Maybe he ate something that didn't agree with him and he's taking it out on the world. Just ignore him for a while and don't let his attitude get to you.
    Yeah. I agree with this. ESFPs I know are like mirrors. They just are how they feel. It's usually nothing more.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yea, get away, quick! He probably just needs space. When I have a problem with an ISFJ, it's usually because they said something that sounded really critical and nitpicky to me. Not sure if that's the case here, but just a thought. You may have said something that he took wrong and possibly blew out of proportion. After some space he'll probably forget about it. If not, maybe just ask him what's wrong and try to talk it through.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.