User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
    Hi
    Just after some advice from the istps.

How do you best communicate with an istp?
    Light heartedly. I personally enjoy humor and absurd banter.
    If it is serious, be deliberate, blunt and to the point. Pussyfooting is a pet peeve of mine.

If you are stressed/upset what is the best way to comfort or reassure you?
    x
    Personally, I prefer to fume or brood in solitude during these times.
    If you insist on sticking around, handing me something to break eases the tension.

Back or belly rubs are also preferred (with permission of course).

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Light heartedly. I personally enjoy humor and absurd banter.
    If it is serious, be deliberate, blunt and to the point. Pussyfooting is a pet peeve of mine. [...]
    Good point about the humor. My ISTP father likes to say that all he really wants out of life is a couple good belly laughs a day.

With Fe as his inferior function, he doesn't want people to come around with a lot of problems. Being an autonomous person, he prefers that others be autonomous as well. When the kids get needy, he just wants to escape. So I keep it light. I let him know what's going on in my life, but I make it ckear that I'm on top of it and I'm not looking for help from him. Then he gets curious and asks questions.

That is, he is intellecturally curious and wants to learn about other people's affairs, but he doesn't want to get dragged into other people's problems and have to provide solutions. So I make it clear that I'm on top of my own problems, and then he relaxes and becomes interested in my affairs just as an intellectual exercise.

Other than that, he likes to mentor. But he wants to mentor about the stuff that interests him. Stuff he's tinkering with, yardwork, etc. So I let him talk a bit about his own stuff.

And again the humor thing. I quip a lot as we talk, and he loves it when I use my Ne to spin the world into humorous combinations. I keep it light and give him those couple belly laughs a day that he likes, and we get along great.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I asked my ISTP fiance about this and he said that the best way to comfort him when he's upset about something is to help him find a practical solution to the problem at hand. (But he said feeding him might come in as a close second.)
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    I asked my ISTP fiance about this and he said that the best way to comfort him when he's upset about something is to help him find a practical solution to the problem at hand. (But he said feeding him might come in as a close second.)
    Yes, this sounds about right. I've also heard that ISTPs enjoy mountain biking, mountain dew and lady mountains when distressed. I don't know for sure, since I'm not an ISTP, but I also believe they enjoy sponge baths and sponge cake topped with roast beef and marshmallows.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    Yes, this sounds about right. I've also heard that ISTPs enjoy mountain biking, mountain dew and lady mountains when distressed. I don't know for sure, since I'm not an ISTP, but I also believe they enjoy sponge baths and sponge cake topped with roast beef and marshmallows.
    I don't know where you heard this but it all sounds fucking amazing.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Good point about the humor. My ISTP father likes to say that all he really wants out of life is a couple good belly laughs a day.

With Fe as his inferior function, he doesn't want people to come around with a lot of problems. Being an autonomous person, he prefers that others be autonomous as well. When the kids get needy, he just wants to escape. So I keep it light. I let him know what's going on in my life, but I make it ckear that I'm on top of it and I'm not looking for help from him. Then he gets curious and asks questions.

That is, he is intellecturally curious and wants to learn about other people's affairs, but he doesn't want to get dragged into other people's problems and have to provide solutions. So I make it clear that I'm on top of my own problems, and then he relaxes and becomes interested in my affairs just as an intellectual exercise.

Other than that, he likes to mentor. But he wants to mentor about the stuff that interests him. Stuff he's tinkering with, yardwork, etc. So I let him talk a bit about his own stuff.

And again the humor thing. I quip a lot as we talk, and he loves it when I use my Ne to spin the world into humorous combinations. I keep it light and give him those couple belly laughs a day that he likes, and we get along great.
    This is a better description of me than I could make up. Thanks for that
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

RDF

No problem.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
    If you are stressed/upset what is the best way to comfort or reassure you?
    oral sex

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    oral sex
    Fact

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5